The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 March 2022, 01:22 AM   #91
OG1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ36 & BB54
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewrick View Post
That’s it. You’re expelled from the Batgirl club. Remove your forum avatar and leave your badge at the front desk. I don’t make the rules. Now you’re a Paneristi.
Just call me Robin!
OG1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 01:48 AM   #92
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
No crime was committed You like what you like and it's your money. Nice refences you picked up.
I'm one that collects similar references. I like Rolex GMTs, Submariners and Daytonas so I have multiples of those, albeit from different generations and colors. The other brands I own also tend to be professional series watches, again GMTs and divers. This is the aesthetic that appeals to me
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 01:53 AM   #93
Clasper
"TRF" Member

Good for you, nice choice.

There's one or two seriously evil people in the world not someone who sells a watch.
Clasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 02:07 AM   #94
2bigalow
"TRF" Member

Solid choice!

Imagine the outcry on the Omega forum if Speedies were selling for 25K-30K and you sold it to obtain a Rolex GMT at MSRP. Oh the humanity.
2bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 02:23 AM   #95
tmoy810
"TRF" Member

With the market the way it is now. I think you made a great decision.
tmoy810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 02:45 AM   #96
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
No flames; you gotta do what makes you happy. If you're happy, you made a good move. Enjoy the pieces.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 03:42 AM   #97
LVx2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
Thanks for your input.

Quite the opposite I’d argue. Having a watch box full of SS sports Rolex could also be considered a lack of sophistication / imagination by many true watch enthusiasts.

There is a whole world of great watches out there and they don’t all have Rolex on the dial.

Oh and by the way, I never stated the Sub and GMT were the same watch!

Sent by from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Why? Because quite frankly I’m bored of looking at the same two dials and the lack of variety that having 2 very similar stainless steel sports Rolex provides… sports Rolex because for me, they are all so similar…”

This is what you wrote. That shows a lack of sophistication and appreciation in regards to Rolex.

Whether you believe brand variety makes you a sophisticated “true watch enthusiast” is a separate question.

Enjoy your summer house.
LVx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 04:14 AM   #98
VincentM
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116518-LV-CHNR-DJ-
I like the diversity of your collection!

Even if I stayed into Rolex world, I tried to diversify my small collection playing with colors and textures.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
VincentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 05:23 AM   #99
OG1982
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentM View Post

Even if I stayed into Rolex world, I tried to diversify my small collection playing with colors and textures.

Now that is a collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 March 2022, 06:59 AM   #100
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVx2 View Post
“Why? Because quite frankly I’m bored of looking at the same two dials and the lack of variety that having 2 very similar stainless steel sports Rolex provides… sports Rolex because for me, they are all so similar…”

This is what you wrote. That shows a lack of sophistication and appreciation in regards to Rolex.

Whether you believe brand variety makes you a sophisticated “true watch enthusiast” is a separate question.

Enjoy your summer house.
Did someone kick your dog today?

OP, nice evolution and hopefully this setup lasts longer than 8-months! I never liked any iteration of the modern GMT due to the font size on the bezel.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 08:05 AM   #101
CaliBear
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Fine that you didn't like the BLNR, but saying you added "variety" is a bit of a stretch. You basically just went from two black-dialed sports watches to three black dialed sports watches and ditched the only other color (blue) that was in your collection. Not exactly an abundance of variety if you ask me. I predict that this collection will bring about another swift return to "boredom". Personally, I'd ditch the Panerai and get a PM watch.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 09:58 AM   #102
ThePalletFork
"TRF" Member

Personally, I probably would have kept the BLNR and added a Green sub if you wanted more differentiation (jubilee vs oyster bracelet, black/blue bezel vs green). I like a collection that doesn't have a lot of common pieces such as a speedmaster but that's me. You do you and get what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
I went through many different watches to get to those 2. They are very different. The jubilee alone makes it much different. One is a dive watch, one is a GMT. One is all black and one has blue. One has a date and one doesn’t. The GMT wears much smaller on my wrist. Also you only wear one watch at a time. When I owned a speedmaster in the past, it was nice but just not a Rolex feel. Same with a JLC master. So now I will buy watches that each one can be the only one for me, because when you are wearing it it is the only one on. Also I am going for Rolex sea, air and land, so I am on track for that once I get the Daytona. I was thinking of getting the speedmaster again as a place holder until the Daytona comes, but you take a hit when you sell omega. I actually think the black sub and speedmaster were a bit boring together as there was no color.
This. Couldn't have said it better myself.
ThePalletFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 10:59 AM   #103
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePalletFork View Post
Personally, I probably would have kept the BLNR and added a Green sub if you wanted more differentiation (jubilee vs oyster bracelet, black/blue bezel vs green). I like a collection that doesn't have a lot of common pieces such as a speedmaster but that's me. You do you and get what you like.

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Thank you! But at the end of the day, whatever makes the individual watch owner happy, that is all that matters. As a side note, I am waiting for the subLV as well, but to add, not to replace the 124060. I am keeping the 124060 for my son.
Old 8 March 2022, 11:25 AM   #104
JC316
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
Fine that you didn't like the BLNR, but saying you added "variety" is a bit of a stretch. You basically just went from two black-dialed sports watches to three black dialed sports watches and ditched the only other color (blue) that was in your collection. Not exactly an abundance of variety if you ask me. I predict that this collection will bring about another swift return to "boredom". Personally, I'd ditch the Panerai and get a PM watch.
He did indeed add alot of variety to his collection!

1. He increased his collection by 1.
2. He traded a GMT complication for a chrono.
3. Although the dial colors are all black, all of the index's are different.
4. All 3 watches have different strap/bracelets.

The only thing he really gave up is the GMT complication, that he already mentioned he doesn't use, and half a blue circle on the bezel.

He made some cash and he's happy!

How much more variety does one need?!?!

It's also pretty evident OP has a preference for watches with no date windows!

I applaud you OP! Your collection looks great!
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 11:34 AM   #105
Cryptochonos1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
Nice collection, I love the bang for buck watches like the speedmaster
Cryptochonos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 11:44 AM   #106
CaliBear
"TRF" Member

I get it. Variety is very subjective. For me, when I look at these three watches they pretty much fill the same purpose for the most part nothwithstanding the different functions and index markers. (I'm willing to be that if he's not using a GMT function, he's not using a chrono function either.) All I'm saying is that if I was bored and needed some variety, I think I'd add something a bit more daring to my collection than a couple more black dialed sports watches.
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 12:44 PM   #107
ThePalletFork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
Thank you! But at the end of the day, whatever makes the individual watch owner happy, that is all that matters.

Of course, I don't think there is anywhere in my post that hints or says otherwise. I even said "you do you and you get what you like." But do correct me if you think otherwise

But just like you, I am hoping to get a Land, Air, Sea with the most variety in those choices one day.
ThePalletFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 01:14 PM   #108
Bill2e
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Good for you, as long as you are happy no one can say you made a bad deal. Enjoy the new watches.
Bill2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 01:23 PM   #109
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Spice of life. Well done.
Old 8 March 2022, 01:25 PM   #110
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Good move, that’s a nice balanced collection
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 05:23 PM   #111
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Makes total sense to me

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 05:50 PM   #112
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
I’ve committed a TRF crime. I’ve traded my 2019 126710 BLNR on Jubilee (Batgirl) for two other pieces and a big bundle of cash. Why? Because quite frankly I’m bored of looking at the same two dials and the lack of variety that having 2 very similar stainless steel sports Rolex provides. I’m not sure how people collect multiples of the same reference, or even multiple sports Rolex because for me, they are all so similar and after owning both watches for only 8 months I was bored.

I’ve moved my collection from 2 Rolex (2021 124060 No date Sub and a batgirl) and swapped the Batgirl for the brand new Speedmaster Sapphire Sandwich and a Panerai 1940 Radiomir (PAM00512) and a big enough cash injection to fund a new summerhouse for our garden.

And do you know what? I could not be happier with my decision. Not only have I unlocked enough funds to purchase a lovely new space for my family to enjoy in the garden, but I have created the variety within my watch collection that I have missed so much after trading my Polar Exp II and a couple of Tudors for my Batgirl last year.

I now have a beautiful Panerai that works well as a watch to wear in the office, when out for dinner with family and friends and not be worried that someone is going to pull a knife and spoil everyone’s evening. And the Speedie, because you know - it’s a Speedie!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, flame away and call me a Judas to the brand! Quite frankly I couldn’t be happier with the switch

GOOD MOVE
DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 02:29 AM   #113
EndlessEight
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
traded 1 watch with a black dial and the only colored bezel in your collection for 2 black dials with no color variation.

Great variety!
EndlessEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 02:42 AM   #114
OG1982
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessEight View Post
traded 1 watch with a black dial and the only colored bezel in your collection for 2 black dials with no color variation.

Great variety!

I wish you'd have told me that all watches with a black dial are basically all the same! I suppose this has all been for nothing
Old 9 March 2022, 12:08 PM   #115
cramsey
"TRF" Member

Solid trade, and nice collection... happy for you!
cramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 12:15 PM   #116
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
I'd say you made a good move, OP. A lot of overlap with those 2.
AF_Rob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 03:00 PM   #117
noshake
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Very nice collection
noshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 03:07 PM   #118
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tonas
So you went from 2 black dial watches to 3 BLACK dial watches and gave up a jubilee bracelet and the gorgeous pop of blue? To each his own.......
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 03:10 PM   #119
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tonas
Quote:

Great choices!! Azurro blue is so overlooked IMO. Funny bc my Hulk is sitting in my bank waiting for my long awaited P Newman on OF. Ill sell hulk to fund the PN.
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2022, 03:14 PM   #120
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHulk View Post
Great choices!! Azurro blue is so overlooked IMO. Funny bc my Hulk is sitting in my bank waiting for my long awaited P Newman on OF. Ill sell hulk to fund the PN.

Will you become TheNewman at that point ?