The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 July 2022, 11:55 PM   #1
orangeguy
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 16710
JLC Polaris Perpetual Calendar

Hi All,
Has anyone seen the new Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Perpetual Calendar in person? I’m really intrigued by the stainless steel version, but I am curious how it wears. 42mm is more or less my limit, but it really depends on the other dimensions and overall proportions.

Photo link to the JLC website below.

https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us-...steel-q9088180

Thanks
orangeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:18 AM   #2
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs

I like this one
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 01:29 AM   #3
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
I love the diver and this is very well done. I like showing the full 4 digit year and its we’ll placed, the moon % indicator, 70hr per reserve and finally dial color. However, I’ve never been a fan of grand calendar complications on a sports watch. The combo always feels like a marketing vs practical driven.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 03:36 AM   #4
RolexBHR
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeguy View Post
Hi All,
Has anyone seen the new Jaeger-LeCoultre Polaris Perpetual Calendar in person? I’m really intrigued by the stainless steel version, but I am curious how it wears. 42mm is more or less my limit, but it really depends on the other dimensions and overall proportions.

Photo link to the JLC website below.

https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us-...steel-q9088180

Thanks
haven't seen it, but I think its an amazing watch. With the Perpetual Calendar it is certainly a do it all watch in my opinion.

70hr PR, 100 WR, less than 13mm with a domed crystal, what else could you ask for?
RolexBHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 06:51 AM   #5
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
I have been told twice by AD’s that this is a special order piece only. I never expect to see one and was interested. If this is how brands want to work, I will move on.
Omega Seamaster SMP300m, Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent Clock
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 08:21 AM   #6
Madmoney
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC Duoface, Speed
Is there some reason it would wear differently from the Chrono? It is also 42 and 12mm. Maybe the dial looks more busy on the PC. The bracelet on these sticks out beyond the lungs and at least the chrono wears bigger than its size due to the really big dial.
Madmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 11:42 AM   #7
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I have tried it on at the NYC Boutique. I’ll be there again on Tuesday and will snap some pictures.

It’s an amazing watch. It wears very comfortably. Very similar to the Polaris Chrono. 12.4 mm is very comfortable. Some might find it it looks big because of no external bezel, however.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2022, 12:20 PM   #8
orangeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
I love the diver and this is very well done. I like showing the full 4 digit year and its we’ll placed, the moon % indicator, 70hr per reserve and finally dial color. However, I’ve never been a fan of grand calendar complications on a sports watch. The combo always feels like a marketing vs practical driven.
I like the diver as well. However, I was thinking of this as a more versatile PC vs a sports watch with the additional complications. So, my perspective going in is a bit different, but I understand where you’re coming from.
Old 4 July 2022, 12:24 PM   #9
orangeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmoney View Post
Is there some reason it would wear differently from the Chrono? It is also 42 and 12mm. Maybe the dial looks more busy on the PC. The bracelet on these sticks out beyond the lungs and at least the chrono wears bigger than its size due to the really big dial.
That’s exactly what I’m trying to understand. I can go slightly larger on a dive watch because of the bezel. However, I have a 42mm Zenith El Primero which seems to wear larger because of the lack of thick bezel and bracelet design.