The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 July 2022, 10:49 AM   #31
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
My AD (non rolex) is sitting on at least a dozen hot models and can't sell them. Has to much in them. No ones buying around here at the inflated price. They are a Rolex ad in another town but not at this location. Looks like they be stuck with these at least for the time being.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 02:29 PM   #32
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

I just went to Paris and loads of hot models sitting in their display windows. I can finally see the Sprite, Day Date EISENKIESEL dial and Meteorite dial, DJ Green Dial, of course, they are all Exhibition Models but not dummy
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 09:55 PM   #33
Frog7151
"TRF" Member

Watch: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Won't happen even then. ADs have figured out how to sell all the Tudors, Omegas and worthless bling by attaching them to a SS Rolex. They probably double their profit.
I asked the manager at my local AD about this and she said it does not matter how much you spend or have spent in the past. Several of the SA said the same thing. It fact the SA are upset they don’t have more watches to sell. They all said Rolex distribution is controlled by HQ and everybody has to wait.
Frog7151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 10:03 PM   #34
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
Pete and Repeat...
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 10:12 PM   #35
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawalsh View Post
https://www.collectors1946.com/produ...gold-watch-box

I bought from Huntington store before. All good. I can find a few more going a bit under or about the same if you calculate MSRP+tax.
One would still need to pay sales tax when purchasing that watch. It’s interesting they offer their own 1 year warranty when the watch should be covered by Rolex for 5 years. At least that’s how I read it.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 10:33 PM   #36
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog7151 View Post
I asked the manager at my local AD about this and she said it does not matter how much you spend or have spent in the past. Several of the SA said the same thing. It fact the SA are upset they don’t have more watches to sell. They all said Rolex distribution is controlled by HQ and everybody has to wait.
Yet we know this claim is not true. An AD is a business, their goal is to maximize profit. Big spenders get priority.
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 11:13 PM   #37
Jojomojo
Banned

Quote:
Another AD which spouts lies...it's all they do these days.
In any case, you won't ever find anything at the AD until grey prices are lower than msrp.
Jojomojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2022, 01:44 AM   #38
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Sounds like the new Rolex building is up and running and Rolex is hiring like crazy. Secondary prices dropping, China and EU markets hurting, and production ramping up, all good signs pointing towards increasing availability at US ADs in the coming months. No rush, enjoy other brands on your wishlist, things will only get easier with time.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2022, 03:26 AM   #39
Frog7151
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yet we know this claim is not true. An AD is a business, their goal is to maximize profit. Big spenders get priority.
We do not know that. You are making a claim you cannot prove. Not trying to start an argument just pointing out this is an un-verified claim.
Old 1 August 2022, 08:10 AM   #40
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
We do not know that. You are making a claim you cannot prove. Not trying to start an argument just pointing out this is an un-verified claim.
You're a funny guy!

While it cannot be proven that ADs prioritize sales, which of these is more probable given first hand experience from many posters?

1) AD prioritizes sales to big spenders
-OR-
2) AD sells to anyone and everyone
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2022, 08:11 AM   #41
Pinchy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojomojo View Post
Another AD which spouts lies...it's all they do these days.
In any case, you won't ever find anything at the AD until grey prices are lower than msrp.
Its true but basically flipper profit is already below retail on all but GMT and Daytona. So... why is it still so tight at the AD?
Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2022, 09:44 AM   #42
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Its true but basically flipper profit is already below retail on all but GMT and Daytona. So... why is it still so tight at the AD?
Hmmm??? Pretty sure submariners in all categories are going for over retail still.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2022, 11:52 AM   #43
Frog7151
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You're a funny guy!

While it cannot be proven that ADs prioritize sales, which of these is more probable given first hand experience from many posters?

1) AD prioritizes sales to big spenders
-OR-
2) AD sells to anyone and everyone

You are using an anecdotal fallacy argument.

I am sure there are ADs that have chosen to prioritize big spenders, but others may have chosen a more fair and balanced approach. If they sell more than Rolex, maybe they want to expand their customer base. If you can get someone their grail watch, they will be customers for life.

Besides couldn’t a big spender just afford to go directly to the grey market instead of buying watches or jewelry they really don’t want. It could be cheaper and much quicker?
Old 1 August 2022, 12:29 PM   #44
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I haven’t seen LNIB/BNIB going for less than MSRP on TRF. But I may have missed them.

Have any sightings to cite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You're not looking hard enough(not on trf) . They selling for 40k now. and if you factor in buying out of state then you got yourself a tax free watch. theres lnib for 38750. If history is to go by, rolex pm was never a hot seller, except lately. but now since its not worth it flipping steel ln sub now then there is no point buying gold watch to get a sub ln. seen a couple of threads starting to pass on the pm sports watch like rg gmt and i think the wgsub
eijiboy is offline   Reply With Quote