The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 1 September 2022, 01:24 AM   #1
boogeze
2024 Pledge Member

FS: Tudor Submariner 7016/0 1968 small rose original

All pics are mine and of the Tudor Sub for sale. I can provide many more pics and video upon request. I am working on resizing photos to include here.

$10200. I accept wire, zelle, or credit card via stripe (add 2.9% for cc). I ship via Fedex Priority Overnight fully insured to your nearest Fedex store or to a secure verified address with direct signature.

I have many dealer group references as well as references from retail clients that I'm happy to provide.

Beginning production in 1968, the Tudor Submariner 7016 was the successor to the 7928 and had a produced until 1975. The 7016 saw four distinct changes during its short production run. This fine example for your consideration, is the first iteration of the 7016 and only was produced for approximately one half of a year making it especially rare and collectible for horological enthusiasts. This version shares the same dial layout of the 7928 featuring the “small rose” logo and the 4 lines “smiley” at the bottom of the dial. Another variable making this 7016 very rare is the semi-pointed crown guards, or the Mk1 SPCG case that was only used for less than a year before the 7016 adopted rounded crown guards for the remainder of its production run. Later versions of the 7016 also switched from the small rose to a larger rose, then the Tudor shield logo that we know today as well as the infamous snowflake hands and markers.

This rare and collectible first version of the 7016/0 is running strong with a timegrapher reading inside of +3 seconds per day and with excellent amplitude indicating recent service history.

Information:

Serial: 621941

Dated: 1968

Dial: Correct and original. Creamy yellow patina on the tritium lume – Dial is in great shape unlike most 7016 bubble dials due to the paint/laquer that was used.

Hands: Correct Submariner Mercedes Hands – Tritium - great shape – Only one small section of lume lost on the 6 hour marker. Lume has a creamy yellow shade that is correct and consistent with the dial lume.

Case: Appears unpolished. Sharp chamfers - Solid condition for its age. Normal wear throughout for a watch of its age.

Inside Caseback: Correct, marked 7528

Bezel: Correct and original Submariner bezel. Great shape for its age and compared to most other 7016 examples. Creamy yellow pip was sourced from the correct ref. 5512 Rolex Submariner and installed by a professional watchmaker.

Bracelet: Correct and original Rolex Submariner riveted bracelet w/ correct markings. Great condition and minimal stretch for its age which is extremely rare. Currently sized to fit a 7" wrist and includes two extra links.

Movement: Correct and original Caliber 2483 referred to from Tudor/Rolex service manuals as the 2461-2483. Running strong. No imminent service required.

Crown: Correct Rolex Submariner

Case Size: 40mm x 14.7mm Thickness

Lug Width: 20mm

Case Metal: Stainless Steel

Functions: Hours, Minutes, Seconds

Box and Papers: Just Watch

Crystal: Correct domed. Likely original.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tudor3.jpg (239.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg tudor16.jpg (183.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg tudor8.jpg (190.7 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg tudor13.jpg (236.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg tudor2.jpg (267.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg tudor4.jpg (251.2 KB, 71 views)
boogeze is offline   Reply With Quote