The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 December 2023, 11:26 AM   #61
azhiker54
"TRF" Member

Watch: DATEJUST 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
Fun! I'm sure you've got a story or two.
You know, for the most part, my life has always been boring and uneventful. It seems like everyone else has all the fun. The closest thing to excitement, was an attempted kidnapping of me and a local in Manila. After me kicking the window a couple times ( taxi) We were released.

This thing about customs is always on my mind, as I said, I do travel with two watches. Hopefully, the OP will get relief.
azhiker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 11:59 AM   #62
georgew
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: mostly Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandajoe View Post
My wife and I - we always wear watches (SS) through the metal screening machine and it never triggers it
This has been my experience as well. In years past, I;ve been in and out of europe, asia (ROK, hong kong, japan, china), mexico, carribean, canada - and not once have I had to take off my watch thorugh security (either Breitling, SS or TT rolex, or SS VC overseas). And customs either way has not been an issue. But, I;ve never been to a country like India (or others with rampant government corruption).
georgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 06:41 PM   #63
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Would never take my gold rolex to Asia. Sorry this happened.

Was in europe and had to take off a SS vintage 36mm oysterquartz. Finding a last minute tray is imposible.

Security prices in Europe: London, Paris is insane … they are rude, slow , fake organized process. Better to put in carry on.

Going thru customs itself it’s crazy nothing to declare, once you arrive keep it on you wrist . Cover ounders sweater/ shirt etc.
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2023, 09:36 PM   #64
geoffreyis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
This is the part of airports that bothers me - what to do with my watch. Bag or tray.. I think wrist until they tell me to take it off.

Interested to hear the responses to this one myself..
Mine never leaves my wrist. Period.
geoffreyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 01:35 PM   #65
konkaniman
"TRF" Member

OP, any update? Did you make it thru the rest of your travel without issues with customs?
konkaniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 09:16 PM   #66
nGage7962
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 TT Champagne
Should not have taken it off.
Leaving India this year, I discovered on the way out of all places, that they make you remove everything (and I mean everything) from your carry-on that has any metal in it. All the charge cables, etc etc.
After doing this the guy indicated I should remove my watch. I ignored him and hoped into the metal detector and moved on.
Crazy place.

DSSD
DJ 41 TT/Champagne
Tudor GMT
nGage7962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 09:33 PM   #67
Speedsleev
"TRF" Member

I have never taken a watch off in the airport and never will, I have been pulled a side and checked by the wand a few times but no one has ever given me any issues. My wife travels with a ladies date just diamond bezel and has never removed or been hassled. Certainly there are countries that I would advise not to for the simple reason of the unknown. Enter the Speedmaster Grand Seiko or like someone else said, plain Seiko for such travel. I love to have a solid piece on at all times but its a small price to pay for avoiding such a mess.
Speedsleev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customs , gold , rolex