The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 August 2021, 11:43 AM   #1
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
RSC Service - Sydney Australia

This is by way of a "Public Service" announcement for the Australian Members.
I sent my 14060M to the RSC for a full service on May 10. (It had stopped) (8 yrs since last full service).
Normal timeframe for this was quoted by the RSC as about 8 weeks.
At 13 weeks this week, I flicked off an email to confirm my assumption that the extended timeframe (and absence of any advice) was due to the COVID lockdown in Sydney. The absence of a reply tends to support that assumption.
I have always found the communication from this RSC to be excellent (the Receptionist/Office Manager is a legend) and so it seems clear that any service times will be greatly extended due to the impact of the lockdown.
All of this is probably 'bleeding obvious' to the Sydney locals but up here in the country we are a bit 'insulated'. Cheers.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 11:47 AM   #2
peterpl
Banned

Yep. Sydney RSC is pretty good usually.

I sent 2 watches for warranty work and got them back 2-3 weeks in before Covid. They quote 8 weeks usually for service and depending if they need to order parts from Geneva will dictate how long.

During lockdown in Sydney + delays in international shipping/freight I think its going to be a while yet.

Sydney is in lockdown until end of August and even then that will depend on vaccine rates. Luckily there is a huge exponential takeup of vaccines now but thats not going to help you at the moment with timeframes for your watch.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2021, 07:41 PM   #3
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Update: Message on the RSC phone number confirms closure for an indefinite period (dependent upon the Sydney lockdown).

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Old 6 August 2021, 09:55 PM   #4
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Unfortunate Rocky. I hope they get back up and running and you get your Submariner back soon
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 01:22 PM   #5
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks Brian, it is funny how you get used to having an item that you like and enjoy wearing regularly. I have been giving the others a bit of wrist time but I really miss the Sub.
This hiatus has got me thinking about totally changing my 'wear-pattern' and maybe wearing each for a Month at a time rather than alternating daily. That way the non-wearer can just wind down and have a rest for a month rather than being on the winder every second day. Also the Crown will only get a work-out every second Month.
Wondering if it might be better for the mechanisms.

Old 2 January 2022, 12:37 AM   #6
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
I hope this worked out for you Rocky and you got your watch back. I am just wondering how you posted something so valuable within Australia, given that Australia Post caps paid ‘extra cover’ insurance at $5000?

I am trying to work out how to get a watch posted with full insurance from interstate (Tasmania to Queensland). Any advice from anyone with Australian experience gratefully received!
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 07:32 AM   #7
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Is it still 5k?
That's what it was 20 years ago
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2022, 08:04 AM   #8
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

You have to use a security company. They will move capital city to capital only. Buyer has to pick up. Around 800 dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 January 2022, 08:08 AM   #9
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Thank you guys. Dirt, yes, Australia Post still only covers up to $5000. How annoying!
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 11:03 AM   #10
ILuvSubs
"TRF" Member

Just a heads up - I was at the RSC Sydney this week and they will actually be closing down in November 2022, with all the servicing in Australia now to be done by RSC Melbourne.

It's a real shame as I always enjoyed going in to RSC Sydney and chatting to the watchmakers there whenever there was a tricky issue.

Anyway, it appears they have a big backlog of work to through. I think they're booked out until July and then they have a waitlist of people.
Old 13 May 2022, 11:09 AM   #11
Steerpike999
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvSubs View Post
Just a heads up - I was at the RSC Sydney this week and they will actually be closing down in November 2022, with all the servicing in Australia now to be done by RSC Melbourne.

It's a real shame as I always enjoyed going in to RSC Sydney and chatting to the watchmakers there whenever there was a tricky issue.

Anyway, it appears they have a big backlog of work to through. I think they're booked out until July and then they have a waitlist of people.
Rolex Melbourne are moving into their new building soon, 104 Exhibition st.
Guessing / Hoping they have expanded workshop facilities to cover all of Aus and the technicians to fill it.
Steerpike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 01:40 PM   #12
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvSubs View Post

Good to know
It looks like things have gone full circle, as Melbourne always used to be the only service centre.
I've never had a watch serviced at Sydney RSC as my dealer only ever dealt with Melbourne, so I couldn't comment on their customer service and have never come across anyone that's used them either
I always wondered if it was better than, or the equivalent of Melbourne.
Perhaps the whole crew will be relocating to Melbourne now that we are opening up the country? If not, then I imagine Max Schweitzer will have some more guys available to work on the latest Rolex movements?

Thanks for the heads up
Old 13 May 2022, 01:42 PM   #13
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike999 View Post
Rolex Melbourne are moving into their new building soon, 104 Exhibition st.
Guessing / Hoping they have expanded workshop facilities to cover all of Aus and the technicians to fill it.
It's been a long time coming.
It almost seems like forever
Old 14 May 2022, 03:27 PM   #14
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Damn this is sad news… I do like chatting to Joy and Louella, good people.

Also quite sad in that if of my existing watches suffer from the 32xx movement issue I’m highly unlikely to bother with warranty…
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2022, 08:22 PM   #15
hyu11
"TRF" Member

oh damn.....
hyu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2022, 08:41 PM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Thanks Brian, it is funny how you get used to having an item that you like and enjoy wearing regularly. I have been giving the others a bit of wrist time but I really miss the Sub.
This hiatus has got me thinking about totally changing my 'wear-pattern' and maybe wearing each for a Month at a time rather than alternating daily. That way the non-wearer can just wind down and have a rest for a month rather than being on the winder every second day. Also the Crown will only get a work-out every second Month.
Wondering if it might be better for the mechanisms.
I’ve never given it a thought, but now that you’ve planted the seed, I may consider doing the same
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2022, 12:16 AM   #17
Mdpaint
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 gmt
We are even worse of here in NZ. Melbourne is our closest RSC so sending anything overseas for servicing is super stressful

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Mdpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 12:41 PM   #18
Moabird62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sd43
I’m in Australia bought a watch from Europe with an overhaul plus 2 year int service warranty card attached. Watch was damaged by rsc .Rang Melbourne they refuse to repair the watch here in oz. Not happy. International service gaurantee is worthless
Moabird62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 12:41 PM   #19
Moabird62
"TRF" Member

I’m in Australia bought a watch from Europe with an overhaul plus 2 year int service warranty card attached. Watch was damaged by rsc .Rang Melbourne they refuse to repair the watch here in oz. Not happy. International service gaurantee is worthless
Old 31 July 2022, 01:26 PM   #20
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabird62 View Post
Very disappointing.
I've never had a problem with the reverse situation where I had warranty work done OS.
I wonder what would cause Melbourne to not want to play the game
Old 31 July 2022, 05:28 PM   #21
Moabird62
"TRF" Member

Because the watch was damaged at an rsc in Europe so they deem it is for them to remedy the problem. I don’t want to send to bloody Europe. When it can be done here.I’m still looking in to it, they over polished side of case and we need a replacement middle case..halved the value of the watch. I’m going to fight them!
Old 31 July 2022, 05:28 PM   #22
Moabird62
"TRF" Member

Because the watch was damaged at an rsc in Europe so they deem it is for them to remedy the problem. I don’t want to send to bloody Europe. When it can be done here.I’m still looking in to it, they over polished side of case and we need a replacement middle case..halved the value of the watch. I’m going to fight them!
Old 25 December 2023, 08:44 PM   #23
mrnest
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
If not, then I imagine Max Schweitzer will have some more guys available to work on the latest Rolex movements?
Any feedback on Max Schweitzer? Thanks.
mrnest is offline   Reply With Quote