The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 March 2024, 02:59 AM   #1
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Boston boutique

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone happens to know when the Boston boutique is planning on opening.

I am planning on jumping into the world of patek and don’t really have any other options. I’m sure it will be impossible to get anything solid but hey you never know until you start the journey.

Just wasn’t sure if anyone had any inside info on the opening.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2024, 06:20 AM   #2
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone happens to know when the Boston boutique is planning on opening.

I am planning on jumping into the world of patek and don’t really have any other options. I’m sure it will be impossible to get anything solid but hey you never know until you start the journey.

Just wasn’t sure if anyone had any inside info on the opening.
It's opening pretty soon . . . but no I don't have an exact date.

Given Long's long list of customers already in the Boston area, there will be no Nautiluses or Aquanauts for walk-in customers that's for sure. But like everything else, go in and have a conversation and if there's something you want that's not a hype piece, it'll happen eventually. Patek make a LOT of models that are just not all that hot and that sell at or some below msrp on the 2ndary market.

But if you want a hype piece, just go 2ndary.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2024, 09:14 AM   #3
Armis
"TRF" Member

Agreed, when I initially spoke with them they were supposed to open last November. When I followed up this year I believe they said around spring, so it should be coming up. And as far as “starting a relationship,” besides the Aquanaut and Nautilus pieces, there are many others they will be happy to sell you. It’s going to be a question of whether you want a relationship and which range of watches you interested in. As an aside, I had gone to another AD in a state I travel for work and they said they’d look for me to buy a piece with complications first (but obviously not including complex Aquanaut or Nautilus).
Good luck.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2024, 12:27 PM   #4
AmgAslLolBrb
"TRF" Member

I was told could be in April, they were trying to open last year, but had issues installing their elevator which took quite a bit to get installed.
AmgAslLolBrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2024, 10:51 PM   #5
JSol1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Currently slated for a soft opening on the week of May 8th. Although that could change of course, that’s their current target.
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 12:26 AM   #6
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Thanks all for the information. Ya I have zero expectations of ever getting a nautilus or aquanaut I am just not a big enough fish in the large pool of Boston.

I have been eyeing that store for a long time now I was the project manager that worked on one of the watch stores across the street from it and have been super excited to get into the new space.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 08:53 AM   #7
russ86
"TRF" Member

Wow they still didn't open? I know they were suppose to open at least few months ago
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 11:03 PM   #8
JSol1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

There were some issues with construction over late summer, including a fire in the restaurant next door that stopped construction for several weeks and then required inspections…
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2024, 03:17 PM   #9
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
It's opening pretty soon . . . but no I don't have an exact date.

Given Long's long list of customers already in the Boston area, there will be no Nautiluses or Aquanauts for walk-in customers that's for sure. But like everything else, go in and have a conversation and if there's something you want that's not a hype piece, it'll happen eventually. Patek make a LOT of models that are just not all that hot and that sell at or some below msrp on the 2ndary market.

But if you want a hype piece, just go 2ndary.
It's true. Long has a long list
Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote