The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 June 2024, 09:12 AM   #61
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss View Post
This exactly!
Thank You!
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2024, 09:12 AM   #62
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
The thing about mayors and jewelry. They used to have a very nice selection. Now, not really.
Ummm.... over 25 brands including their own

https://www.mayors.com/c/Jewelry?gad...SABEgK-Z_D_BwE

BTW, you can add anything WoS can get as well, some brands not on Mayors site are on WoS.

And if i may add, Nick at Mayors in Tampa was able to get my wonderful wife a special Mikimoto bracelet that even their USA site was out of stock (and at our desired 8" length, not just 7" standard).

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2024, 09:13 AM   #63
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Ummm.... 19 brands including their own

And if i may add, Nick at Mayors in Tampa was able to get my wonderful wife a special Mikimoto bracelet that even their USA site was out of stock (and at our desired 8" length, not just 7" standard).
Yep! and they can almost order anything from WOS minus AP and PP.
Old 12 June 2024, 09:16 AM   #64
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutzyyy View Post
I highly disagree with this. Keifers is way more genuine and actually treats you like a valuable customer.

Mayors is a pure business transaction, "what have you bought from us lately?" "what's your spend total?"

I have purchased Rolexes at each and as a customer and as someone in sales myself, I really don't like Mayors and even walking into their store anymore. Just an off-putting feeling
I am happy you had a good experience with them. There tactic was way different that Mayors for me. They were all about buy this, this, and this, and we can get you that.
Old 12 June 2024, 09:17 AM   #65
Zeus1993
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This exactly!
I definitely will, I’m going to give it a couple more months with my current SA and see how it goes. I keep hearing great things about nick! Is it frowned upon to switch SA?
Zeus1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2024, 09:20 AM   #66
Zeus1993
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd2984 View Post
Yep! and they can almost order anything from WOS minus AP and PP.
So could they potentially order a datejust? I’ve seen on Reddit on the Rolex forum they have that people would put down deposits for watches that Rolex was able to order but all of those postings I have read were made in 2022.
Old 12 June 2024, 09:28 AM   #67
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus1993 View Post
I definitely will, I’m going to give it a couple more months with my current SA and see how it goes. I keep hearing great things about nick! Is it frowned upon to switch SA?
No because you don't have a purchase history, you can always say "Nick you where highly recommended by many folks on the forums"
Old 12 June 2024, 09:32 AM   #68
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
So could they potentially order a datejust? I’ve seen on Reddit on the Rolex forum they have that people would put down deposits for watches that Rolex was able to order but all of those postings I have read were made in 2022.
Sorry I should have been more clear I was answering Stevens question. Your SA at Mayor can order almost anything from WOS website, minus PP, AP, and Rolex too.

And yes you could order a Datejust back in the day. Back in 2018 I ordered my DJ 41 Blue. I ordered my wife a DJ31 few years back but now it's all Registry.

How long has it actually been since you added yourself to the registry for your Datejust?
Old 12 June 2024, 09:43 AM   #69
Zeus1993
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry I should have been more clear I was answering Stevens question. Your SA at Mayor can order almost anything from WOS website, minus PP, AP, and Rolex too.

And yes you could order a Datejust back in the day. Back in 2018 I ordered my DJ 41 Blue. I ordered my wife a DJ31 few years back but now it's all Registry.

How long has it actually been since you added yourself to the registry for your Datejust?
Ah, gotcha! I put my name down for the one I want this past February, so probably 3-4 months.
Old 12 June 2024, 10:02 AM   #70
bliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What does Kiefers do that makes them worse and unethical?

Thanks for the feedback!! I definitely appreciate it!
Their issue is they are a 3rd tier AD, the smallest on the AD tier system.
They get no where near the amount of watches they need to satisfy demand (like most/all ADs). Heres the catch, they will make you think its only a matter of time and your watch is coming any day.... when in all reality there are probably 20+ guys ahead of you for that same watch.

Its more realistically the watch you want will get discontinued before they can get to you. THEY KNOW THIS AND STILL PUSH SPEND HISTORY.

Its my understanding There is a huge difference between a 2nd tier AD like Mayors and a 3rd tier AD when it comes to shipments and what they get. My understanding is Kiefers gets a small fraction of what Mayors gets.

Kiefers was always so pushy with there jewerly compared to anyother AD ive been to. They make you feel like they are going to take care of customers who shop with them.....in reality they probably just cant get you what you want because because of their more limited supply and the line in front of you.
bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2024, 10:10 AM   #71
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They get no where near the amount of watches they need to satisfy demand (like most/all ADs). Heres the catch, they will make you think its only a matter of time and your watch is coming any day.... when in all reality there are probably 20+ guys ahead of you for that same watch.

Its more realistically the watch you want will get discontinued before they can get to you. THEY KNOW THIS AND STILL PUSH SPEND HISTORY.

Its my understanding There is a huge difference between a 2nd tier AD like Mayors and a 3rd tier AD when it comes to shipments and what they get. My understanding is Kiefers gets a small fraction of what Mayors gets.

Kiefers was always so pushy with there jewerly compared to anyother AD ive been to. They make you feel like they are going to take care of customers who shop with them.....in reality they just cant get you what you want because because of their more limited supply and the line in front of you.
My experience was the same! They know you are not going to get it but will tell you stories to make you feel your watch is almost here if you buy this or that. I actually had one of their former employees tell me the same.
Old 12 June 2024, 10:11 AM   #72
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Ah, gotcha! I put my name down for the one I want this past February, so probably 3-4 months.

3 to 4 month is not that long of a wait.
Old 12 June 2024, 10:30 AM   #73
bliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My experience was the same! They know you are not going to get it but will tell you stories to make you feel your watch is almost here if you buy this or that. I actually had one of their former employees tell me the same.
After a jewelry purchase they told me it was going to be any day for a stainless Daytona....that i was going to be "next", after months with no watch they told me they may only see 2 Daytona's a year and that includes Precious Metals, meaning it might be years for them to see even one stainless Daytona. it went from any day to might be years.....
Old 12 June 2024, 10:41 AM   #74
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Ummm.... over 25 brands including their own

BTW, you can add anything WoS can get as well, some brands not on Mayors site are on WoS.

Yes I saw a Jacob and Co watch they brought in. But the selection of jewelry in the store is not what it was years ago.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2024, 10:42 AM   #75
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
After a jewelry purchase they told me it was going to be any day for a stainless Daytona....that i was going to be "next", after months with no watch they told me they may only see 2 Daytona's a year and that includes Precious Metals, meaning it might be years for them to see even one stainless Daytona. it went from any day to might be years.....
LOL Sorry man. Mayors has been good to me, been fortunate to get both white and black SS Daytona over the years.
Old 12 June 2024, 11:05 AM   #76
Austin813
"TRF" Member

Mayors and kiefers in Tampa suck. Was on waitlist for 4 years for basic submariner and never got any call after showing up for a few visits. Save your time and go grey. The premium is slightly over retail now and worth the money. All the time people spend kissing ass to get a watch could be making extra money to buy it through the grey market.
Austin813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2024, 12:38 PM   #77
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

I guess it all depends on your luck and spend history at Mayor’s. I will in Tampa area soon we have a house near there, I will definitely pass bye and meet Nick? Who knows. Maybe there will be something in case to buy.

OP, keep trying visit a few AD if you can? You may double or triple your chances.

Things will change after all the hype ends. The model you want is not a hard one to get.

I've seen some great mentions of Ads on here, I only wish that I lived near one of those Ads.

Best of luck
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2024, 04:52 AM   #78
Zeus1993
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kiefers was always so pushy with there jewerly compared to anyother AD ive been to. They make you feel like they are going to take care of customers who shop with them.....in reality they probably just cant get you what you want because because of their more limited supply and the line in front of you.
Hey guys, I went to Kiefer's during my lunch break to put my name down for the watch I want! After seeing some of the replies here, I was honestly scared to walk in and ask for a watch. Surprisingly, their Rolex section was fully stocked—every case was packed with watches!

Whenever I go into Mayors, they usually only have 2-3 exhibition watches. But at Kiefer's, they probably had 5-6 of just Datejust models. Unfortunately, they told me they were all “Exhibition Pieces” and couldn’t be sold yet. They explained it was because Rolex doesn’t send enough boxes, so once they get more, they’ll be able to sell them, which I thought was weird but what do I know lol? They were really friendly and inviting but since this was just my first visit I guess we’ll see how it goes..

Last edited by Zeus1993; 13 June 2024 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 13 June 2024, 06:28 AM   #79
bliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey guys, I went to Kiefer's during my lunch break to put my name down for the watch I want! After seeing some of the replies here, I was honestly scared to walk in and ask for a watch. Surprisingly, their Rolex section was fully stocked—every case was packed with watches!

Whenever I go into Mayors, they usually only have 2-3 exhibition watches. But at Kiefer's, they probably had 5-6 of just Datejust models. Unfortunately, they told me they were all “Exhibition Pieces” and couldn’t be sold yet. They explained it was because Rolex doesn’t send enough boxes, so once they get more, they’ll be able to sell them, which I thought was weird but what do I know lol? They were really friendly and inviting but since this was just my first visit I guess we’ll see how it goes..
Thats great to hear and hopefully things have changed. They did have the same problem with the boxes on one of my watches years ago.....I had to stay on them or i wouldn't of gotten it..........out of all the ADs i have been to they are the only one that have had this problem

Datejust are a different story and maybe they are back at a point where they can order them. My thoughts would still be along the same lines though, your problem is really when your ready for more than a datejust. Once you get the itch for a ss sports watch you are in trouble,and you have already invested in a relationship with them. If you just want one date Just and maybe a sub in a couple years you might be fine. above that you are gona need SIGNIFICANT spend history to get to the top of any list.

I would also consider rolex seems to be closing tier 3s. They do it out of no where and with out warning......Imagine investing in a relationship and then they loose their status. I would think thats alot less likely to happen with Mayors
Old 13 June 2024, 07:33 AM   #80
Zeus1993
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thats great to hear and hopefully things have changed. They did have the same problem with the boxes on one of my watches years ago.....I had to stay on them or i wouldn't of gotten it..........out of all the ADs i have been to they are the only one that have had this problem

Datejust are a different story and maybe they are back at a point where they can order them. My thoughts would still be along the same lines though, your problem is really when your ready for more than a datejust. Once you get the itch for a ss sports watch you are in trouble,and you have already invested in a relationship with them. If you just want one date Just and maybe a sub in a couple years you might be fine. above that you are gona need SIGNIFICANT spend history to get to the top of any list.

I would also consider rolex seems to be closing tier 3s. They do it out of no where and with out warning......Imagine investing in a relationship and then they loose their status. I would think thats alot less likely to happen with Mayors
Interesting! Yeah right now the only Rolex watch that catches my eye are the datejusts all the others I’m not that big of a fan of, so I don’t plan on requesting any other watches. The vintage Daydates with a strap are also really nice but way out of my price range for right now lol.

Why would a small store like that have way more inventory when it comes to exhibition pieces when compared to a larger store like mayors though?
Old 13 June 2024, 08:13 AM   #81
TimeKeepsOnTicking
"TRF" Member

Tampa Mayor's is my AD as well and even with a modest spend history and dealing with SA's mentioned above, the phone doesn't ring on requested pieces (for me or my wife), and we stop in/text with him every couple of months to check in.

I think it'll be interesting in the near future with Bucherer/Tourneau now owned by Rolex and WOS/Mayor's being a direct retail competitor. As a Tier-3 dealer I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull the brand to further control distribution.

Recently, Mayor's Tampa has lost Tag Heuer and will soon be losing Omega and IWC due to boutiques opening in International Plaza. Granted, they are supposedly going have Zenith and H. Moser & Cie joining the sales offering but time will tell on what Rolex decides.

OP - Datejust's are NOT hard to get these day (I love mine), so if you decide not to go grey, try Sarasota (UTC) or Orlando (Millennia) if Tampa continues to be a dead end. Good Luck!!

Cheers
Old 13 June 2024, 08:55 AM   #82
bliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting! Yeah right now the only Rolex watch that catches my eye are the datejusts all the others I’m not that big of a fan of, so I don’t plan on requesting any other watches. The vintage Daydates with a strap are also really nice but way out of my price range for right now lol.

Why would a small store like that have way more inventory when it comes to exhibition pieces when compared to a larger store like mayors though?
Two things come to mind.....
A.) they dont have the boxes like they told you, so they cant sell them....which is freaking hillarious. or (B) they are holding on to that shit like Gollum and the ring. They want to entice people to buy, so they hold what few they get........ to get you wet. If you go in there to look at rolex and theres nothing to look at you dam sure aint staying to look at expensive jewerly.
Old 13 June 2024, 09:00 AM   #83
bliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Was it just date just in the case?
Old 13 June 2024, 09:00 AM   #84
bliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKeepsOnTicking View Post
Tampa Mayor's is my AD as well and even with a modest spend history and dealing with SA's mentioned above, the phone doesn't ring on requested pieces (for me or my wife), and we stop in/text with him every couple of months to check in.

I think it'll be interesting in the near future with Bucherer/Tourneau now owned by Rolex and WOS/Mayor's being a direct retail competitor. As a Tier-3 dealer I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull the brand to further control distribution.

Recently, Mayor's Tampa has lost Tag Heuer and will soon be losing Omega and IWC due to boutiques opening in International Plaza. Granted, they are supposedly going have Zenith and H. Moser & Cie joining the sales offering but time will tell on what Rolex decides.

OP - Datejust's are NOT hard to get these day (I love mine), so if you decide not to go grey, try Sarasota (UTC) or Orlando (Millennia) if Tampa continues to be a dead end. Good Luck!!

Cheers
Please correct me if i am wrong but i thought because they had a separate entrance specifically designed/dedicated for Rolex that would make mayors a tier 2.
Old 13 June 2024, 09:32 AM   #85
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Yes I saw a Jacob and Co watch they brought in. But the selection of jewelry in the store is not what it was years ago.
Aahhhhhhhhhh ok. Yes, think you mean more retail space for timepieces and less for jewelry. Agreed, and look forward to new muuuuch larger Tampa showroom. It'll be GREAT to have a TRF GTG on opening day.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.

Old 13 June 2024, 09:37 AM   #86
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

mods delete

Old 13 June 2024, 11:01 AM   #87
Zeus1993
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Was it just date just in the case?
I can’t remember honestly, they had 5 datejust in the standalone cases like 3 on the wall inside the Rolex exhibit and two in the cases that are in front of the Rolex exhibit. They pulled a datejust out for me in the actual countertop case for me to try on but the countertop case in the Rolex exhibit was full of watches I just didn’t pay much attention to what they actually were.