The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 June 2024, 04:54 AM   #1
Tuzz313
"TRF" Member

Classic Watch Collection

As the years pass and I look at more and more watches I have just developed a slight preference to the classic Rolex Watches vs. the Professionals. I mean the professionals definitely get the hype but I can never connect with one like a datejust or a day date.

Does anyone have a collection of Rolex that is skewed towards the classic watch subtype ? If so please share and how you developed your preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuzz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 08:21 AM   #2
aboutime
"TRF" Member

Have just collected my Datejust 36, after 3 professional steel models, I can see why the classic timepieces are so highly regarded. There was a time I actively avoided even trying on a classic timepiece and solely focused on the younger person watch. That was to my loss. Today’s professional models are just a little too big on my wrist so I do prefer the 5 digit models. That said I’m quite in love with a WG day date with blue dial. Never would I imagine I’d be even talking about day dates. I think it’s a factor of getting old ;)
aboutime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 08:43 AM   #3
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
I can definitely see where you are coming from. I love my professional models, and tend to prefer them. One I added a DJ I could definitely see the appeal. Wearing my DJ today and it’s decirles one of my favorites.
Old 30 June 2024, 09:03 AM   #4
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Classic Watch Collection

I totally get it. As a female, most of the professional models are too large on me, IMO, anyway. My first brand new Rolex was a red grape OP36 about 10 years ago. Loved the classic design, with the contrast of a cool color. I did flip it after awhile, though. I wore a 5 digit Sub date for awhile and did love it. After it was stolen, I stayed away from Rolex until a few years ago, when I registered my interest in the silver dial OP. What a classicly elegant piece! Then, while visiting my AD, I spotted the Wimbledon two tone. My husband was with me. Even he said, “that’s a really nice watch.” A few months later, that exhibition model became mine. I am awaiting an Explorer, which to my eye, is a kind of hybrid, though technically a professional model, it shares some DNA with the OP. I don’t rule out eventually owning a GMT, though. A DD would be great, but is just not in my watch budget. This thread needs a pic:

Apparently, I also am attracted to yellow gold.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote