The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 July 2024, 06:47 AM   #1
Uppersouth
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SWISS
Well that didn’t take long!

Luxury Bazaar has the new John Mayer perpetual. Great allocation to sell so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 06:48 AM   #2
Uppersouth
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SWISS
Disappointing that someone was allocated such a piece only to flip.

-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 06:56 AM   #3
7sins
"TRF" Member

Looks like several for sale, including one at Wrist Aficionado at $360k. Will be interesting to see where these settle in price.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 07:25 AM   #4
Djoker48
"TRF" Member

Genuine question: When us commoners get allocated even a Code, AP house had a strict 2-3 year “no-sell” policy or one is blacklisted. Yet how does a client that gets allocated this allowed to sell? Heck the same question applies to all the double balance wheel open worked, perpetual and tourbillions dated 2024 that are out on the market? Does AP just not care above a certain level of spend because they also need the secondary market to show prices above retail to optically illustrate demand?
Djoker48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 07:27 AM   #5
messikens
"TRF" Member

I'm sure if you've reached your allocations, don't care about your ongoing relationship with AP (aka a mini-Stallone if you will), pocketing around $180 change while leaving 50-60k for the grey isn't a bad option at all?

Do I disagree? Yes

Do I think everyone is willing to burn their bridge for the right amount? Yes
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 07:28 AM   #6
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Are these in hand or are they trolling for leads and then will try and source one later? Because I have seen this many times before for pieces that have not even been publicly sold and they aren't real.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 07:55 AM   #7
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Are these in hand or are they trolling for leads and then will try and source one later? Because I have seen this many times before for pieces that have not even been publicly sold and they aren't real.
The one pictured above from LuxuryBazaar is sadly real. They posted a video on Instagram with it live.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 08:00 AM   #8
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoker48 View Post
Genuine question: When us commoners get allocated even a Code, AP house had a strict 2-3 year “no-sell” policy or one is blacklisted. Yet how does a client that gets allocated this allowed to sell? Heck the same question applies to all the double balance wheel open worked, perpetual and tourbillions dated 2024 that are out on the market? Does AP just not care above a certain level of spend because they also need the secondary market to show prices above retail to optically illustrate demand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
I'm sure if you've reached your allocations, don't care about your ongoing relationship with AP (aka a mini-Stallone if you will), pocketing around $180 change while leaving 50-60k for the grey isn't a bad option at all?

Do I disagree? Yes

Do I think everyone is willing to burn their bridge for the right amount? Yes
Bear in mind that John Mayer was free to allocate a portion of these watches as he wished, similar to Travis Scott with his release. I assume the flipped watches are more likely coming from this pool as opposed to true collectors who earned their allocation. But who knows, maybe some collectors are more shameless than I would like to believe.
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 09:25 AM   #9
HMHM
"TRF" Member

As usual, some are more equal than others....
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 10:34 AM   #10
epc2
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
Wow, that was fast! The new John Mayer perpetual is such a cool piece. Luxury Bazaar must have had a lot of interest to sell it so quickly. It's a testament to how popular Mayer's taste in watches is. If you had your eye on it, better luck next time!
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 12:42 PM   #11
APhound
"TRF" Member

Will be interesting to see where the market settles on these. I think that’s high.. I’d consider it around 2-250.
The tough question for me is what would you rather have- this or the Travis Scott? I’ve come to really like that Travis Scott one and I actually think I’d take that over the JM. Even though the JM is perfect to me there’s just something so cool and unique about the other one.
Because I’m too lazy- anyone know what asking prices are for the Travis?

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 12:51 PM   #12
Kiwi-cucumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 77350ce
Looks like another one from this reseller in Hanoi https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8rn3...pxcGZscG5wYg==

I don’t know much about grey dealers so I’m not sure if they are legit or posting someone else’s videos, but they seem to have a lot of followers so I’m guessing legit. They have some pretty crazy pieces in general on their account.
Kiwi-cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 01:10 PM   #13
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Lovely looking watch but not at that price thanks ..
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 01:14 PM   #14
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Roman reigns supreme!!!
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 02:46 PM   #15
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How do you know they were "allowed" to sell?

Some of the listings are fishing expeditions without watch in hand, some come from people willing to be blacklisted for a quick $150k, some are "safe sales" where the warranty card is withheld, some come from certain regions where AP HQ's control is limited and the distribution chain is notoriously leaky, and some from rogue employees looking to make a quick buck by allocating to known flippers.

There may also be some VVIPs where AP just doesn't care, but the idea that AP allows sales to prop up grey prices seems to have the sign wrong.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2024, 02:50 PM   #16
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post
Bear in mind that John Mayer was free to allocate a portion of these watches as he wished, similar to Travis Scott with his release. I assume the flipped watches are more likely coming from this pool as opposed to true collectors who earned their allocation. But who knows, maybe some collectors are more shameless than I would like to believe.
Good point, I guess that contributes.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 18 July 2024, 10:08 AM   #17
7sins
"TRF" Member

One listed today on Moda at $375k! What a gorgeous watch.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 10:47 AM   #18
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Was offered a new 15407st by one of my dealers today 240k
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 11:07 AM   #19
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post

Ya it’s nice. I’m not sure it’s much nicer than the regular blue SS version. Except that it’s limited. I think it’s funny several are showing up for sale. AP couldn’t adequately identify 200 people willing to hold for a year or two, yet they will ban someone who sells a code for a 50% loss

Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 04:18 PM   #20
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
. Yeah I saw that one today. That’s a hard pass even at 275k for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
WTH. That’s crazy high
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 07:18 PM   #21
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Saw that last night too.
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2024, 12:04 AM   #22
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post

WTH. That’s crazy high
The first "new" model 15407 on the market. I'm not surprised at all by the cost. Someone will pay it
Old 19 July 2024, 12:07 AM   #23
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halothane View Post
Ya it’s nice. I’m not sure it’s much nicer than the regular blue SS version. Except that it’s limited. I think it’s funny several are showing up for sale. AP couldn’t adequately identify 200 people willing to hold for a year or two, yet they will ban someone who sells a code for a 50% loss

Disagree about not being much nicer. White gold pops with the blue, I'm a huge fan over the normal steel, but at retail pricing not 2x.

Totally agree about the allocations
Old 19 July 2024, 12:23 AM   #24
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
At least for the Travis Scott QP, the claim was that some fraction of the limited run was allocated at his discretion, rather than to AP VIPs. Seems that might increase the likelihood of flips.

Edit: nm, that point was already made by Mbbgysam two weeks ago (and I replied to it). Oh man, old age sucks
Old 19 July 2024, 12:24 AM   #25
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Bargain
Old 19 July 2024, 12:36 AM   #26
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Disagree about not being much nicer. White gold pops with the blue, I'm a huge fan over the normal steel, but at retail pricing not 2x.

Totally agree about the allocations

It’s personal preference. Many people would want the tapisserie dial because that’s classic AP. Some like me prefer the titanium model because it’s so light on the wrist and (to me) much more wearable.

Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2024, 12:50 AM   #27
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halothane View Post
It’s personal preference. Many people would want the tapisserie dial because that’s classic AP. Some like me prefer the titanium model because it’s so light on the wrist and (to me) much more wearable.
Hope they bring Ti back for the next gen QP, without hiking the price to more absurd levels (although, good luck with that, I guess )
Old 19 July 2024, 05:05 AM   #28
raclaims
"TRF" Member

The watch is spectacular in person. It's REALLY hard to capture the sparkle in photos, etc. The white gold against it is perfect. To my eye, it's the nicest AP to date.
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2024, 05:20 AM   #29
APhound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
The watch is spectacular in person. It's REALLY hard to capture the sparkle in photos, etc. The white gold against it is perfect. To my eye, it's the nicest AP to date.

Nice to see you back. Any new watches on your end?

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2024, 12:27 PM   #30
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Hope they bring Ti back for the next gen QP, without hiking the price to more absurd levels (although, good luck with that, I guess )

They’re most def going too. Movement refresh will allow them to release their prior catalog with the new movement

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote