The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 July 2024, 09:28 AM   #31
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
126718GRNR vs 126618LN

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlstone View Post

One argument against all gold gmt (albeit hollow to a degree) is that the GMT I’m thinking of upgrading might be best as two tone or all silver because of the bezel. The grey is tied in by the bracelet and the case. The all gold which I tried on today and is crazy nice- the grey kinda has no place as far as design though. To make things worse, I tried on a gold sub with BLUE and man it does just jump in person. It’s gorgeous. So either sub in gold perhaps better serves me. Again, the end answer is all of them but yeah, not quite there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan of either in full gold. These are sport watches, The Sub is a dive watch. Making them in full gold turns them into pure fancy jewelry. I prefer the look of a full SS in both the GMT and Sub. If you want to dress it up a little, the bimetal variants aren’t bad. The full gold takes the intended purpose away. Just my own opinion, of course.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2024, 01:22 AM   #32
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I would choose the Sub. I think they are special in full gold. You will get a lot of comments how about them in gold... from people who haven't had one or likely can't. These are all tools in any format, the gold just looks so warm. If you want special but don't want sensitive, you can't beat a gold submariner.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2024, 01:34 AM   #33
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Does anyone know if I can fit the new gmt SS/18KT jubilee bracelet on my 116713?