The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 July 2024, 03:27 AM   #1
TheVision
"TRF" Member

Icon4 Does the current gen GMT 2 master have AR coating similar to new sub/exp2?

I've been enjoying my sub greatly since I bought it from AD last year. And already on the gmt 2 batman waitlist for my 50th next year. My buddy has the older SD43 (no AR coating) and there's a noticeable difference in the dial especially outside..my sub has far less reflections than my bud's SD43.

However, my rep is moving out of state end of this year and she said she wanted to make it happen before she left the store.My 49th is this coming Oct and she said she might be able to get me the batman (either on jubliee or oyster).

Does the newer models have AR coating on the bottom crystal? I know Rolex only started doing this secretly with the new gen sub/exp2 and daytona. I know the datejust line still hasn't gotten the treatment yet (only on the cyclops).

I asked my rep and she said as far she's aware, ONLY the sprite gmt has AR coating on the bottom crystal but not the other gmtII models.

However, I think I came across a older thread somewhere on the interweb a while back where people said the 2021+ years now do have the bottom AR coating?

Can any owner please confirm?

TIA!
Old 8 July 2024, 08:58 AM   #2
928ktgold
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
RSC changed my glass to AR on my 2020 batgirl and a 2019 DJ41. If RSC does it directly I’m sure the current GMTs and DJs have them
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote