The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 July 2024, 07:19 AM   #1
kip595
"TRF" Member

Stein Diamonds of L.A. - Anybody Familiar?

Pretty much as title states - they have an example of a discontinued ref I've been looking for at a seemingly reasonable price, despite the lack of original card. Not objecting to any other dealers, just in looking got rather curious if anyone has dealt with them before, as they seem to offer a fairly generous, albeit in-house, warranty service on all preowned pieces.

If anybody has dealt with them before I'd be very curious to know what your experience was like; I'm considering giving them a ring in the AM.

Thanks for any thoughts; cheers & happy Sunday all!

*It occurs to me perhaps this question should be placed in a different forum section, but if so please let me know and I'll happily oblige.
kip595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 08:19 AM   #2
Socal Runner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Day-Date
A friend of mine bought a daytona from them years ago and while it was authentic, it didn't have the original card either, and he took a huge hit when he later sold it.

My advise would be do not buy a naked watch unless you are prepared to eventually take a decent hit on it if you ever resell.
Socal Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 08:40 AM   #3
kip595
"TRF" Member

Yeah, I've had many with and w/o cards come and go, so that's a known quantity for value, so forth, but that the examples are correct is my concern. If correct and also priced appropriately I don't mind the lack for 'user' grade watches, but I also wouldn't seek out a higher-end ref like a Kermit sans docs.

Good to know they came through correctly on the Daytona in that case, though.
Old 15 July 2024, 09:13 AM   #4
rohada
"TRF" Member

I would suggest that you question them extensively on the condition of the watch. Ask them about dings or nicks or any other abrasions that you would be concerned about. I did buy a watch from them and while it was in overall really very good condition, it was not exactly described correctly, as I had to do some refinishing work on the case. It was a complete set and the work I could do was easy for me to do and that’s why I did not return it. Otherwise, they were easy to deal with. Hope this helps.
Old 15 July 2024, 09:16 AM   #5
kip595
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohada View Post
I would suggest that you question them extensively on the condition of the watch. Ask them about dings or nicks or any other abrasions that you would be concerned about. I did buy a watch from them and while it was in overall really very good condition, it was not exactly described correctly, as I had to do some refinishing work on the case. It was a complete set and the work I could do was easy for me to do and that’s why I did not return it. Otherwise, they were easy to deal with. Hope this helps.
Very helpful - they don't sound as hackneyed as C&C about description, but good to know to keep an eye on. Much appreciated! :)
Old 15 July 2024, 02:10 PM   #6
WolverineMD
"TRF" Member

I have both bought from and sold to them. Great experience each and every time.
WolverineMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 03:01 PM   #7
7sins
"TRF" Member

I've done a tremendous amount of business with Joseph there, buying and selling probably close to $500k+ over the last few years. Never an issue, great people.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Off Shore Gulf Blue 26238 || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote