The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 15 July 2024, 12:01 PM   #1
Rogerusp
"TRF" Member

AP Code 11.59 Chrono temperamental quick date change

Sometimes when changing the date on my Code 11.59 Chronograph using the quick change feature the crown turns freely and the date doesn’t change. As if the mechanism is not engaged. It seems like when this happens if i change the date by moving the hour/minutes hands and then put the crown back to the quick date change position it works. Anyone else has notice this? Everything else works normally and this doesn’t happen all the time
Rogerusp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 07:57 PM   #2
Rogerusp
"TRF" Member

Also everything works fine when i wind the watch before using the quick set date. This issue is very sporadic and the quick set always end up working after messing around a bit with the crown
Old 15 July 2024, 09:03 PM   #3
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Could it be your are engaging the quick date position between 6pm and 1am?
Old 16 July 2024, 12:19 AM   #4
Rogerusp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
Could it be your are engaging the quick date position between 6pm and 1am?
Good question. I always set at either 6am or 6pm so there is a chance it was set to 6pm. So when between 6pm to 1am is this suppose to happen to protect the mechanism?
Old 19 July 2024, 10:07 PM   #5
Rogerusp
"TRF" Member

For whatever it is worth it. This issue happens every time the watch stops (power reserve is depleted) and i try to change the date. After messing with the crown for a bit (moving it clockwise and counterclockwise several times) the mechanism seems to engage and then I am able to change the date every time I want while the watch has power to run. As soon as it stops (power reserve gets depleted) i have the same issue again
Old 21 July 2024, 12:38 AM   #6
noobs
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerusp View Post
For whatever it is worth it. This issue happens every time the watch stops (power reserve is depleted) and i try to change the date. After messing with the crown for a bit (moving it clockwise and counterclockwise several times) the mechanism seems to engage and then I am able to change the date every time I want while the watch has power to run. As soon as it stops (power reserve gets depleted) i have the same issue again
If it's depleted, you need to wind it (~25 rotations) before trying to change the date
noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 01:12 AM   #7
Rogerusp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobs View Post
If it's depleted, you need to wind it (~25 rotations) before trying to change the date
Thank you. But does this movement need to be winded otherwise the quick date set wont work? Manual doesn’t say anything about it. Movement is AP 4401.
Old 21 July 2024, 01:32 AM   #8
Rogerusp
"TRF" Member

I am always able to use the quick date set but sometimes it is just a bit temperamental to engage (usually after the watched stopped for a while). After the mechanism engages once and i keep using the watch (so it doesn’t stop) it works every single time perfectly
Old 5 August 2024, 10:59 AM   #9
Rogerusp
"TRF" Member

After not using the watch for 1 week + same problem happened. Quick set date doesn’t engage right away. I have to mess with the crown several time until it engages. After that it works every single time. Really weird. I have reached out to AP lets see what they say.

Tags
audeamars piguet , code 11.59 , date change