The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 July 2024, 04:01 AM   #1
gekido3uzf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126508
Icon5 Ref. 126508 with Oysterflex?

Greetings Forum:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was finally able to purchase one of my dream pieces and couldn't be happier. Love everything about this watch but I sometimes feel it's not appropriate in every setting. I like the look of the 126518LN as it has a sportier vibe to it, which works in more casual settings.

Giving that my actual piece is a full PM model, am I able to purchase the oysterflex band from my AD? I've searched and read plenty of threads saying the opposite isn't possible as the end links don't come with the 126518LN, but nothing about my situation. I know I can ask my local AD as well but with a wealth of information here, why not ask the masses? Thanks again!
gekido3uzf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 04:41 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
You have two issues.

1. Rolex doesn't sell Oysterflex bands to the general public. They do sell replacements for those who already have an OF watch if you have it in hand at the Dealer.

2. As you allude to, the gap fillers at the case are part of the case, not part of the bracelet. If you do not have a case already machined and fitted with those gap-ends, you can't get or fit them. There are some aftermarket fillers available that fit completely different.
Old 16 July 2024, 05:17 AM   #3
gekido3uzf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
You have two issues.

1. Rolex doesn't sell Oysterflex bands to the general public. They do sell replacements for those who already have an OF watch if you have it in hand at the Dealer.

2. As you allude to, the gap fillers at the case are part of the case, not part of the bracelet. If you do not have a case already machined and fitted with those gap-ends, you can't get or fit them. There are some aftermarket fillers available that fit completely different.
Thanks for the prompt reply. As for the second point - when you say a "case already machined" - do you mean there would need to be a physical modification to my watch case? If so, not worth it IMO. I've also read about aftermarket companies (mountain name) that sell the band and links? Would that serve as a possible substitute?

If not, I guess I'll have to wait another few years before I get the call for a Oysterflex model. lol.
gekido3uzf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 05:27 AM   #4
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekido3uzf View Post
T
. . . - when you say a "case already machined" - do you mean there would need to be a physical modification to my watch case? . . . l.
Yes, that is correct.

As to aftermarket, there are several options if that is a route you choose.
Old 16 July 2024, 08:10 AM   #5
jimmypark54
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Diver
Congrats on the new piece! The 126508 is stunning. As for the Oysterflex, you should be able to get it from your AD, but it might depend on their policies. The Oysterflex does add a sportier touch, making it more versatile for casual settings.

Best bet is to ask your AD directly—they'll give you the most accurate info. Enjoy your watch, and welcome to the forum!
jimmypark54 is offline   Reply With Quote