The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 16 July 2024, 07:40 PM   #1
DL19
"TRF" Member

AP Masterclass - Le Brassus

Hi All,

Has anyone here been to the AP Masterclass in Le Brassus?

Keen to get any feedback on what the visit was like, is it worth the trip, how does it compare to other Watch Manufacturer classes, pics etc.

Was thinking of arranging a visit at some point this summer.

Thanks!
DL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 08:51 PM   #2
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Went a few years ago. There are others who have wrote detailed writeups on here as well that you can search for.

Masterclass was an amazing all day experience. The class itself may have changed since then, but you learn the history, polish a bezel, do some perlage decorating, assemble a movement etc. It was definitely worth the money.

AP Museum is actually the better bang for your buck. Forgot how much it is but it was very cheap ($20-40) for a guided tour that lasts a few hours. Only a few people per group so you can learn a lot since you have an opp to ask tons of questions. 1000x better than the PP museum in Geneva in terms of the premium experience.

Biggest downside is that back then you had to do the tour as masterclass on separate days. Although these days I think they give you a mini tour during the masterclass, although I’m not sure.

It’s definitely worth the trip as long as you like watches. Very beautiful city, but there’s not much to do around there besides visiting AP, JLC, and probably a few other places.

Worth is obviously subjective, but the bigger cost might be the time commitment to get to Le Brassus and stay there for 1-2 nights.

I have tons of photos but unfortunately it’s in an SSD at the bank. If no one else has photos I can post them next week
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 02:49 AM   #3
J.T.
"TRF" Member

It's on my short list. As said above many have gone and done extensive writeups on here
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 03:35 AM   #4
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Went there a couple of months ago. I had some business in Geneva, so it was just a brief detour. Definitely a fun afternoon, looking at some interesting pieces from AP's history, assembling a movement and trying some finishing techniques. Convinced me that change in careers would be ill-advised. Overall well worth it.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 03:45 AM   #5
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Hopefully will be doing the master class or tour (and stay at the hotel) next fall. Can’t wait.
Old 17 July 2024, 08:37 AM   #6
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

going for a guided museum tour and staying in the hotel on 1st of October hopefully
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 02:46 PM   #7
Slackergirl
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Everose
Doing one in October. Class fills up online the day they open for sign up. Each Thursday they rotate between an English, French or German class. Really looking forward to the trip.
Slackergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 08:14 PM   #8
DL19
"TRF" Member

Thanks all for the responses! Will take a look at the previous write ups :)
DL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2024, 11:26 PM   #9
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackergirl View Post
Doing one in October. Class fills up online the day they open for sign up. Each Thursday they rotate between an English, French or German class. Really looking forward to the trip.
A couple questions:

+ When do classes open for registration, and can your SA make the reservation?

+ I heard that masterclass looks good on your profile, I’m curious if it holds the same weight as doing the museum tour (both while staying at the hotel.
Old 18 July 2024, 06:20 AM   #10
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
My wife and I just recently did the guided museum tour, showroom visit, and AP Hotel stay. There wasn’t any availability for the masterclass on our desired travel dates unfortunately, but our guide took us through a mini masterclass of sorts where we got to try a few different finishing techniques and take away a nice souvenir.

I highly recommend taking the trip if you can - there were some really amazing pieces in the museum, and the showroom had pieces that I had not thought I’d ever have the chance to see in the flesh. The hotel was also very nice, and the surrounding village of Le Brassus was gorgeous as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 06:34 AM   #11
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
We'll be there in mid August. Signed up for the tour in French unfortunately, but that was the only one available. I don't speak a lick of French, but I'm sure we'll get by. I was not able to register for the masterclass as it was full. We'll be staying at the hotel and I'm sure we'll have a great time.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 06:56 AM   #12
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

guys if anyone going to be in Lebrassus at 1st of october we can maybe meet to discuss watches. please DM me
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 10:41 AM   #13
Bpan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5548BA, 16233G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
A couple questions:

+ When do classes open for registration, and can your SA make the reservation?

+ I heard that masterclass looks good on your profile, I’m curious if it holds the same weight as doing the museum tour (both while staying at the hotel.
It opens exactly 90 days before the date and time of the class (so 1 PM in Le Brassus). The language goes through the same sequence every month, so the first Thursday is in English. No idea if it looks good on the profile, I went in May this year, combining it with a stay at the hotel and the museum tour for my 30th birthday. Haven't received any calls, registered interest in a 26715 in Feb 2022.
Bpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 12:57 PM   #14
Slackergirl
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Everose
I sent an email to AP and they let me know the upcoming class/language dates. I signed up as soon as able 90 days out & noticed it was full by end of day. Doing museum tour next day. Staying at the AP Hotel. JLC is close as well & do classes and have tours as well.
Slackergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2024, 02:38 PM   #15
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpan View Post
It opens exactly 90 days before the date and time of the class (so 1 PM in Le Brassus). The language goes through the same sequence every month, so the first Thursday is in English. No idea if it looks good on the profile, I went in May this year, combining it with a stay at the hotel and the museum tour for my 30th birthday. Haven't received any calls, registered interest in a 26715 in Feb 2022.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackergirl View Post
I sent an email to AP and they let me know the upcoming class/language dates. I signed up as soon as able 90 days out & noticed it was full by end of day. Doing museum tour next day. Staying at the AP Hotel. JLC is close as well & do classes and have tours as well.
Thank you both! That’s great intel
Old 18 July 2024, 04:01 PM   #16
vakman
"TRF" Member

Watch: The watch.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpan View Post

Great info thanks.
Old 19 July 2024, 12:26 AM   #17
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
We'll be there in mid August. Signed up for the tour in French unfortunately, but that was the only one available. I don't speak a lick of French, but I'm sure we'll get by. I was not able to register for the masterclass as it was full. We'll be staying at the hotel and I'm sure we'll have a great time.
They all speak English very well, including the watchmaker running the masterclass session.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2024, 06:26 PM   #18
yimfinity
"TRF" Member

just did the one at ap house LA while picking up a piece. it was a blast! got to do some perlaging, put hands and calibrate a RO dial, and then make a keychain using a bridge like piece with screws and jewels
yimfinity is offline   Reply With Quote