The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 20 July 2024, 03:35 AM   #1
Ahfe
"TRF" Member

first journe

Hello guys, thinking of paying FPJ boutique a visit and have few questions..
My understanding for first one it will be CS or linesport basic but can you get octa basic or octa lune, and what's the average wait time for the first one? Also, so heard some boutiques are nicer than others, with NYC being the worst..

Thanks
Ahfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2024, 03:53 AM   #2
llngoc
"TRF" Member

My advice will be putting down the ones which you really like on the interest list and disregard which ones may be easier to get. The boutique staff's goal is to get you what you really love and it would be worse if you get offered something you do not love and reject it.

I just had this conversation with our boutique and it seems like the first visit now is really just a get to know you visit and they may not even ask for your interest list. So do plan on more than one visit (and may be a lot more...)

All the boutique staff I have encountered are nice and professional. It is a very difficult job to tell someone (even a long time collector) that he/she will not get an allocation without hurting some feelings. They are always trying to moderate expectations.

BTW, LA boutique is now closed for expansion so you may want to check if you plan to visit there.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2024, 05:07 AM   #3
Ahfe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
My advice will be putting down the ones which you really like on the interest list and disregard which ones may be easier to get. The boutique staff's goal is to get you what you really love and it would be worse if you get offered something you do not love and reject it.

I just had this conversation with our boutique and it seems like the first visit now is really just a get to know you visit and they may not even ask for your interest list. So do plan on more than one visit (and may be a lot more...)

All the boutique staff I have encountered are nice and professional. It is a very difficult job to tell someone (even a long time collector) that he/she will not get an allocation without hurting some feelings. They are always trying to moderate expectations.

BTW, LA boutique is now closed for expansion so you may want to check if you plan to visit there.
Thanks for the heads-up, that's actually where I was thinking of going, and I heard it was not a good idea to build multiple lists in different boutiques..
Old 20 July 2024, 05:28 AM   #4
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahfe View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, that's actually where I was thinking of going, and I heard it was not a good idea to build multiple lists in different boutiques..
You should pick a boutique which is most convenient for you to visit in the future as you may need multiple visits to get a realistic chance for an allocation.

Building a list in multiple boutique will definitely get you flagged as a flipper.
Old 20 July 2024, 02:27 PM   #5
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

The wait time will vary depending on the watch you listed and your engagement with FPJ. I would suggest to request the watch you really want. I would expect a relatively long wait time.

900 mechanical watches. + 350 elegante. There are 12 boutique and a number of AD worldwide. It's very limited number of watches per point of sale.

It may takes years to get your allocation. If you can buy one at a reasonable prices on the secondary market. It may not be a bad option.
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2024, 03:00 PM   #6
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hello guys, thinking of paying FPJ boutique a visit and have few questions..
My understanding for first one it will be CS or linesport basic but can you get octa basic or octa lune, and what's the average wait time for the first one? Also, so heard some boutiques are nicer than others, with NYC being the worst..

Thanks
You can get an automatique lune as a first Journe. It was the first watch offered to me.
Old 20 July 2024, 03:59 PM   #7
Ahfe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
You can get an automatique lune as a first Journe. It was the first watch offered to me.
Octa lune, or CS automatique lune? Also, after how long?
Old 20 July 2024, 04:30 PM   #8
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

It was an automatique lune. I think my situation was an exception and not the norm. Heard from some current owners of FPJ watches waiting 3 to 4 years for additional allocations ( not CO, RQ, or black label)

I think a realistic expectation should be 2.5 years +
Old 20 July 2024, 05:02 PM   #9
Brit78
"TRF" Member

For your first FP Journe, you can usually get a CS or LineSport. Octa models might be available too. Wait times vary, often a few months to a year. Some boutiques are nicer than others; NYC can be hit or miss. Good luck!
Old 20 July 2024, 05:11 PM   #10
dchang81
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit78 View Post
For your first FP Journe, you can usually get a CS or LineSport. Octa models might be available too. Wait times vary, often a few months to a year. Some boutiques are nicer than others; NYC can be hit or miss. Good luck!
been waiting for a linesport for 5 years.............
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 12:10 AM   #11
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
been waiting for a linesport for 5 years.............
Good luck my friend, I hope you get a call this fall.
Old 21 July 2024, 01:08 AM   #12
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

As far as wait times, I was told that about 400 watches are allocated to the US each year, and they have about 5000 people on the list.

The higher complication pieces are made in fewer numbers than those with the simpler movements, so depending on what you ask for, wait times will vary from maybe a year to several years.

They require 3 interactions with them (boutique visits, attending events,...) before they will consider you for an allocation.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 05:02 AM   #13
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
As far as wait times, I was told that about 400 watches are allocated to the US each year, and they have about 5000 people on the list.

The higher complication pieces are made in fewer numbers than those with the simpler movements, so depending on what you ask for, wait times will vary from maybe a year to several years.

They require 3 interactions with them (boutique visits, attending events,...) before they will consider you for an allocation.
One challenge some of us face is that some allocations are likely already committed. I know several individuals with a significant purchase history ( with a long list) who likely have priority.

I would love to own a few Black Label, I can't imagine when the requests might be fulfilled.
Old 21 July 2024, 09:28 AM   #14
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
One challenge some of us face is that some allocations are likely already committed. I know several individuals with a significant purchase history ( with a long list) who likely have priority.

I would love to own a few Black Label, I can't imagine when the requests might be fulfilled.
*a few*

May I ask what are the BLs on the wishlist? I personally feel that the Octa, Octa Lune and CO are probably the best BLs since they all have plenty of "empty" spaces to make the black finish looks really nice. And the negative space becomes part of the play. I usually do not like an empty dial with a lot of negative space but it works perfectly on the black label.

I just received my first black label and now it will be hard going forward with grey dial. It is just amazing how well the black dial matches the platinum case. The BE's black + rose gold is also stunning but too bad that they are now discontinued.
Old 21 July 2024, 09:34 AM   #15
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post

I was also told the exact same thing. During the first and second visit, you are most likely won't even be asked for your interest list.

And I was told that only 3 pieces of Repetition Souverain will be coming to the US for 2025. Crossing my fingers...

Anecdotally, it feels like there are more Tourbillons coming than other complications.
Old 21 July 2024, 10:08 AM   #16
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
*a few*

May I ask what are the BLs on the wishlist? I personally feel that the Octa, Octa Lune and CO are probably the best BLs since they all have plenty of "empty" spaces to make the black finish looks really nice. And the negative space becomes part of the play. I usually do not like an empty dial with a lot of negative space but it works perfectly on the black label.

I just received my first black label and now it will be hard going forward with grey dial. It is just amazing how well the black dial matches the platinum case. The BE's black + rose gold is also stunning but too bad that they are now discontinued.

It's a real shame they discontinue Boutique Edition and mother of pearl. There are a number of stunning pieces in the collection.

I agree with you. In my opinion, Octa Lune and CO are the most attractive black label options. I considered requesting both, but I love the Havana Lune in RG.

I am requesting a CO and CS.. I can't imagine receiving these pieces anytime in the near future.
Old 21 July 2024, 10:13 AM   #17
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was also told the exact same thing. During the first and second visit, you are most likely won't even be asked for your interest list.

And I was told that only 3 pieces of Repetition Souverain will be coming to the US for 2025. Crossing my fingers...

Anecdotally, it feels like there are more Tourbillons coming than other complications.

3 Repetition in US? If that's the case my guess is a lot of Tokyo chronograph are going to be produced in 2025
Old 21 July 2024, 11:19 AM   #18
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's a real shame they discontinue Boutique Edition and mother of pearl. There are a number of stunning pieces in the collection.

I agree with you. In my opinion, Octa Lune and CO are the most attractive black label options. I considered requesting both, but I love the Havana Lune in RG.

I am requesting a CO and CS.. I can't imagine receiving these pieces anytime in the near future.

Regarding BLCS, I was also interested in it but a friend pointed out that the legibility is quite bad outdoor due to the polished hands. Just want to pass on this tidbit. Of course it is a gorgeous piece and who cares if you cannot read the time easily.
Old 21 July 2024, 11:21 AM   #19
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
3 Repetition in US? If that's the case my guess is a lot of Tokyo chronograph are going to be produced in 2025

My guess is more FFCs
Old 21 July 2024, 11:54 AM   #20
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Regarding BLCS, I was also interested in it but a friend pointed out that the legibility is quite bad outdoor due to the polished hands. Just want to pass on this tidbit. Of course it is a gorgeous piece and who cares if you cannot read the time easily.
Thank you. I never thought about that. I need to go find some outdoor pictures of Cs Black Label.

If we care about legibility. People wouldn't be buying this many 38mm Perpetual calendars. 😄

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. FFC does generate substantially more Revenue per watch. I wonder how big are the demands for FFC?
Old 21 July 2024, 03:26 PM   #21
Ahfe
"TRF" Member

Hardest issue is when you dont live in the same city, i totally understand first meeting, but it would be great if they can do zoom meets for those who dont live in the same state.. Personally i would love an octa any size , but preferrably octa lune.. speaking of which, they make 38, 40, and 42? Or now just 40 and 42mm?
Old 22 July 2024, 12:58 AM   #22
F131F
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 14060A
Quote:
speaking of which, they make 38, 40, and 42? Or now just 40 and 42mm?
Except for the 39 mm CB, 40 and 42 only.
F131F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 01:47 AM   #23
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
Quote:

I’m also bummed out about them discontinuing the Chronometre Souverain Mother of Pearl. That’s the one watch I really wanted from FPJ. I know it was unlikely I was gonna be able to get it but I’m annoyed I didn’t even get to try.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 02:27 AM   #24
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hardest issue is when you dont live in the same city, i totally understand first meeting, but it would be great if they can do zoom meets for those who dont live in the same state.. Personally i would love an octa any size , but preferrably octa lune.. speaking of which, they make 38, 40, and 42? Or now just 40 and 42mm?

A lot of us are in the same situation. It is hard to get to the boutique or their events. May need to put in some effort by scheduling a vacation next to your nearest Boutique to do the meet and greet.

Secondary Market is always an option. Once in awhile there are reasonable deals to be had. Last year I was offer a 42 Co in Platinum for 10% above MSRP from a large dealer.
Old 22 July 2024, 06:39 AM   #25
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

does anybody know the current msrp of:
  • 40mm automatique platinum on strap
  • 40mm automatique lune platinum on strap

thank you.
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 11:33 AM   #26
dchang81

Quote:
A lot of us are in the same situation. It is hard to get to the boutique or their events. May need to put in some effort by scheduling a vacation next to your nearest Boutique to do the meet and greet.

Secondary Market is always an option. Once in awhile there are reasonable deals to be had. Last year I was offer a 42 Co in Platinum for 10% above MSRP from a large dealer.
Wish I did this for the ARS2. When I asked for it msrp was 38k, grey was slightly below that. Now it's around 52k...
Old 22 July 2024, 12:50 PM   #27
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Wish I did this for the ARS2. When I asked for it msrp was 38k, grey was slightly below that. Now it's around 52k...
I wish we can turn back the clock. I turned down a T30 right before covid for 80k because I didn't like the way it patina🤣

I highly recommend ARS 2. It is ridiculously comfortable, versatile, and very low-key (even in yellow) 2024 pricing is 48k
Old 22 July 2024, 03:36 PM   #28
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wish we can turn back the clock. I turned down a T30 right before covid for 80k because I didn't like the way it patina🤣

I highly recommend ARS 2. It is ridiculously comfortable, versatile, and very low-key (even in yellow) 2024 pricing is 48k
Agree. Don’t be afraid of the Linesports’ 44mm case on paper, as the case is almost lugless so it does not wear like a 44 at all. The titanium version with the aluminum movement feels like nothing on the wrist. Feather light.
Old 22 July 2024, 11:22 PM   #29
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

I can't be the only person who finds ARS2 risible, surely?
Old 23 July 2024, 12:13 AM   #30
dchang81

Quote:

There was another price increase it's 51.7 now. I guess my point is not that I should have bought it when it was cheaper but with all the price increases it would have been simpler just to go grey and enjoyed it years earlier. Same with my 911, finally got it a year ago with no markup but the price increases were higher than the ADM was.