The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 July 2024, 03:37 AM   #1
ppierce
"TRF" Member

Replacing Hesalite

Interested in purchasing a pre-owend Hesalaite to add to my Submariner. Only concern is the potential for scrathes in the dome. Does Omega replace these and if so approx cost?
ppierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2024, 03:45 AM   #2
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

The do. I've had mine recently replaced (twice) because it was in for service (twice). Apparently they do that for service, at least with mine under warranty. I think they replaced the hands and other parts too.

As for cost outside of warranty I am not sure, but I heard it was reasonable. Much less expensive than replacing Sapphire if I recall.

For what it's worth, the scratches are said to be easily polished out with Polywatch. I have never tried this. I'm sure I will need to at some point. I have a penchant for scratching my Hesalite despite trying to be careful. Yet my beater Seikos all look brand new, and I don't ry to be careful with those.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 09:10 AM   #3
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

The scratches come off fairly easily but deep ones will not, and those will cause the service to replace it, mine was just serviced and they did not replace the crystal. However, I do polish them as they come.
Nodzex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 09:56 AM   #4
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Don't worry about scratches. Order a tube of Polywatch brand product and treat the crystal two or three times per year. Polywatch isn't an abrasive, but rather it's a chemical that slightly dissolves a very thin layer of the plastic surface in order to smooth out minor imperfections. Do it two or three times per year whether or not there are noticeable imperfections and you'll be very pleased with how the crystal looks.

I think a Speedmaster Pro makes a really great stablemate to a Sub
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 10:09 AM   #5
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Doh d slime maybe the sapphire is better for you
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2024, 10:46 AM   #6
Jprieur
"TRF" Member

I use polywatch on mine a few times a year; really is all you need and will polish up to new condition. Still worth it for me over sapphire, love the look of hesalite and the 'heritage'.

If you really need to replace, the entire service is around $150-200. The part is only $35 or so.
Jprieur is offline   Reply With Quote