The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 August 2024, 02:53 AM   #31
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Seadweller50
Tuna straps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyW View Post
I am a previous owner of Deep Sea. Moved to a Red SD 43 and got the cyclops removed. I also own a steel Ploprof and an Emperor Tuna. You have great taste

What strap to you have on your Tuna? I have been looking for an alternative to the OEM.

Thanks!
On the Tuna I usually wear a NATO strap especially when I dive with it. But, I also have a metal one that is similar to a Rolex Sub link DLC coated black.

DLC Metal bracelet.

NATO Black

NATO camo

Shark

HiDive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2024, 03:37 AM   #32
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Ti vs Steel weight weight defference

Quote:
Originally Posted by stark1 View Post
After you get used to the weight of the DS, and when you get the call for the YM, the weight difference between the two will be startling to say the least. Come back to the forums to convey that experience when it happens!
I am quite used to watches of various weights and materials I probably have some that are heavier that the Deepsea and some that are lighter than the YM42Ti. I trade out watches every week or so and after a few minutes i don't notice it all. I actually have more Titanium watches than Steel at this point. My Breitling Avenger B01 Chrono is heavier than the Deepsea and my Grand Seiko Titanium 200m Diver is probably as light as or lighter than the YM42Ti. So, I am already used to the differences in weight and other than the first few minutes of wear I don't notice the weight of them.
Old 3 August 2024, 04:31 AM   #33
MarioB83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDive View Post
I have looked at this watch in pictures and really admired it for some time. But I have found that the look is quite often different in person, and to me this is a good example. I took this picture with my phone of it yesterday at the AD and I think it looks really good. I am not trying to say that my photographic skills are exceptional at all. I liked several watches this past year that I had only seen in pictures and then when I saw them in person, eh not so much. This watch did not disappoint me that much, it just seemed kind of dull or lack luster. Admittedly many diving watches are a bit dull as most just have a black dial and bezel insert. Now, don't get me wrong I still like the YM42Ti but maybe not as much as I thought I would, visually. I like the Rolex Yachtmaster 42mm Titanium and will stay on the list to get one, at least for near future.

As far as weight goes due to the Titanium material of the case and bracelet, it is a different experience compared to a steel watch, but to me that is not a problem. I have owned many Titanium watches and I still do. The YM42Ti is not a really large watch so it does not feel that different to me, but it definitely has a lighter feel and I think that is an advantage in wearing comfort. Some people have a misguided opinion that more weight equal more strength or toughness. This is not the case so it does not matter to me.

I own several large Titanium watches and I am glad they are Ti because of the weight savings and I have no doubt as to their toughness, even if they are light in weight. Titanium alloys have the highest strength to weight ratio of any metals. Here are some of the Titanium watches that I own and enjoy wearing because they are light.

Thanks a lot for you well ellaborated and detailed answer. I really appreaciate it.
I think Im getting obssesed with the YM Ti and I really feel I need to see it in person and touch it ASAP.
MarioB83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2024, 06:23 AM   #34
RustyW
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDive View Post
On the Tuna I usually wear a NATO strap especially when I dive with it. But, I also have a metal one that is similar to a Rolex Sub link DLC coated black.

DLC Metal bracelet.

NATO Black

NATO camo

Shark

Where did you get the nato black? It looks great and of high quality. Is the compass removable??
RustyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2024, 06:30 AM   #35
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioB83 View Post
Thanks a lot for you well ellaborated and detailed answer. I really appreaciate it.
I think Im getting obssesed with the YM Ti and I really feel I need to see it in person and touch it ASAP.
No problem. It may be hard to find one depending on where you live and the dealers in your area. But if you have not dealt with Titanium watches very much, please do not mistake the lightness make you think that it is is cheap, weak or somehow less durable. It is not. After all the Rolex Deepsea has a Titanium caseback and the Deepsea Challenge is all Titanium.
Old 3 August 2024, 10:41 AM   #36
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Nato Strap

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyW View Post
Where did you get the nato black? It looks great and of high quality. Is the compass removable??
I got them from PDW - Prometheus Design Werx - https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/

They have nice quality Titanium hardware. They don't always have them available and they are not cheap $33 - $36. It looks like all of the colors and widths are in stock currently, but sometimes they run out. They are very nice quality.

They do not come with the compass. The same is true for the compass, not always in stock. These come in Aluminum case or Titanium and it looks like they are out of stock. I think these are something around $100, but I don't remember for sure.
https://prometheusdesignwerx.com/pro...45008402186527
Old 3 August 2024, 04:13 PM   #37
63SWCGUY
"TRF" Member

Congrats
I love that dial😊
63SWCGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2024, 10:58 PM   #38
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Great choice
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2024, 12:14 AM   #39
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Congrats!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2024, 12:41 AM   #40
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2024, 11:02 AM   #41
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

Congratulations, the JC is awesome! Hope you get the YMti soon.
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2024, 12:56 PM   #42
HiDive
"TRF" Member

YM42Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchsprings View Post
Congratulations, the JC is awesome! Hope you get the YMti soon.
I don't; I need to save up $$ for a while and I have some other crap I want to buy unrelated to watches.
Old 6 August 2024, 06:06 AM   #43
RustyW
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info!
RustyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2024, 02:54 PM   #44
Johnnnymac
"TRF" Member

Congrats! The JC dial is simply stunning, and overall that piece has so much wrist presence. Enjoy!
Johnnnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2024, 03:12 PM   #45
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
You came home with the better watch Vincent! Especially after reading your history with the first DS. That blue ombre dial is spectacular.

The YM is cool, but certainly much more vanilla than that beast on your wrist.

Congrats to you, wear it often.
Guppydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2024, 11:56 PM   #46
HiDive
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone

Thank you all for the nice compliments, I do think this watch is very nice and I am happier with it than I thought I would be before getting it. Everybody have a good day.