The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!! > eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut

Old 7 August 2024, 01:07 AM   #1
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

Ebay use AI to determine if a listing breaks rules or not....

I reported a fake bracelet and this was the message i received after a couple of days . the bracelet is clearly fake .Relying on this AI is worrying and covers Ebay maybe. I dont know but its not right . thanks

Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. We wanted to let you know that we closed your report for the below referenced listing(s). These listings have not been removed. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

If you reported content that isn’t listed below, we’ll send a separate email once we’ve made a decision.

Your reference ID:
2-183232263295

Here are the listings you reported that are included in this decision:
Item: 256584942696 Genuine Rolex 20mm Oyster Chrome Polished Centre Watch Bracelet 72200
Watchcollectables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 03:34 AM   #2
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Tokyo Speedy
Its not like the human review was any better. I found a seller with knock-off Montblancs. They were really convincing, but very clearly sent me a counterfeit one (engraving on the nib and serial number were the only giveaways).

I reported it ebay, MB, and reported their listing on ebay. All my reports ended up saying they did nothing wrong. MB apparently ignores this stuff, and since they offered me a refund, Ebay would do nothing about the transaction.

This account had 1000+ positive feedback, and was 99%+ feedback (with only a SINGLE positive mentioning they were selling fakes). Ebay has no motivation to do any better.
ErichKeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 07:48 PM   #3
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichKeane View Post
Its not like the human review was any better. I found a seller with knock-off Montblancs. They were really convincing, but very clearly sent me a counterfeit one (engraving on the nib and serial number were the only giveaways).

I reported it ebay, MB, and reported their listing on ebay. All my reports ended up saying they did nothing wrong. MB apparently ignores this stuff, and since they offered me a refund, Ebay would do nothing about the transaction.

This account had 1000+ positive feedback, and was 99%+ feedback (with only a SINGLE positive mentioning they were selling fakes). Ebay has no motivation to do any better.
It is ridiculous , Ebay has a reputation for fake goods, clothing especially . Outsourcing to AI is plain stupid. I report quite a few items and rarely do they get removed. Obviously the bottom line is all they are concerned with .
Watchcollectables is offline   Reply With Quote