The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Sky-Dweller with Which Bracelet?
Sky-Dweller on Jubilee 100 59.52%
Sky-Dweller on Oyster 68 40.48%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 August 2024, 12:56 PM   #1
NAUI1982
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Icon10 Sky-Dweller on Oyster or Jubilee

Hey gang. I’m super interested in the Sky-Dweller, and I’m not picky about the dial color. I’m actually more torn over which bracelet to get! Yeah, I know. Anyway, my use case is very much an everyday wear, and I don’t commonly wear suits or dress up for work. I’m a jeans and button down or polo wearing tech professional. I work remote most of the time and travel pretty frequently. I can tell you which way I’m leaning, but would really like to hear your opinions, or suggestions for other considerations I should be thinking about when I weigh the differences here.

Thanks for voting, and chiming in!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0219.jpeg (167.7 KB, 474 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0218.jpeg (172.2 KB, 476 views)
NAUI1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 01:01 PM   #2
PandaLover
"TRF" Member

I usually prefer the oyster bracelet, but on Sky-dweller the jubilee looks better to me. Good luck!
PandaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 01:06 PM   #3
joe100

Watch: Explorer
Jubilee!!
Old 7 August 2024, 01:07 PM   #4
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

I am a jubilee guy and almost any instance, including this one. Similar to you, I work from home and travel frequently. I find the jubilee easy to dress up or down and more comfortable than the oyster. Only potential downside is that it is a bit more flashy.
Old 7 August 2024, 04:22 PM   #5
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I love both bracelets, and both really suit the watch.
However for this specific model, given its size and presence, the oyster just looks chunkier and holds it better. Also there is a lot going on on the dial, and the jubilee looks a touch busy.

Not sure if that makes any sense, and no wrong answer, but oyster just edges jubilee in this situation (for me)
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 04:34 PM   #6
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Both, honestly I’d go for either, there’s benefits to both styles .. it’s more about the watch than the bracelet to me …
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 05:05 PM   #7
aboutime
"TRF" Member

To my taste the jubilee suits this model better.
aboutime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 05:09 PM   #8
Amadd
"TRF" Member

Sky-Dweller on Oyster or Jubilee

Honestly I wanted jubillee for my sky so much I bought the band. After wearing it for a few weeks the oyster just fits the watch better. It’s a top heavy watch and feels a bit off on jubillee. Plus it feels more fancy than just a jeans and polo piece. Cant go wrong with either. I think some dials are better on certain bracelets also.

Blue Green - Oyster

Black White - Jubillee

Real problem will be getting one from an AD. Mine took a long time even with a good relationship. Now I got the dial I wanted but they don’t get many steels each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 05:23 PM   #9
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I was oyster only, including two Sky dwellers, before I bought a Sky Dweller on Jubilee. It's not an uncomfortable watch on Oyster but it's in another league on Jubilee.

Aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder. I think SS blue, SS green and all TTs look better on Jubilee, black looks better on Oyster, the rest are good on either - on models where both bracelets are available. There's nothing in it really, the main thing is that it's a Sky Dweller.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 06:58 PM   #10
Stupot
"TRF" Member

Such a personal decision, I don't think you will get a consensus here, would suspect fairly even split with a bias to Jubilee, only you can really decide, try both and one should instantly shout louder, they are very different.

My opinion is Oyster all day long, I tried to ignore the hype and went with my gut.

I'll give my 2 points of rational, but I cant reiterate enough this is just my own opinion, other opinions are available!

1. From a practical perspective, its a heavy headed watch and the oyster seems to balance it better and keep it all under control, I am talking physically, but I suppose visually as well, I know that will sound strange!

2. From a looks perspective, its very much down to your style and personal preferences, the Jubilee on this watch gives it an older person vibe and coupled with the fluted bezel it went too 80's 90's Datejust for my liking. The main thing I love about this watch is the mix of old school traditional, but with some modern, almost a stepping stone between the classic and professional ranges. Fluted, cyclops, case shape, baton markers are all old school, but on the flip to the modern side, the bigger size and the mint or blue sunburst dial keep it fresh and up to date. The bracelet is the decider for me as to what camp it then falls into, I think the Oyster tips it into sportier, more modern, and the Jubilee into old man.

For context my BLRO is Jubilee, forced into that as there was no option in 2019, but I think it works and I wouldn't have it any other way now, so its not that I have an aversion to Jubilee. I just think there is a time and a place as in certain combinations it can make a watch look very dated.

Cant go wrong with either mind, go for it and enjoy!
Stupot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 07:15 PM   #11
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Jubilee is more eye catchy. It’s also super comfortable and shows less signs of daily wear IMHO.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 08:26 PM   #12
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I think the jubilee suits the bezel and dial better but I’ve voted oyster as it tones the watch down a bit - it’s too “busy” for me with the fluted and jubilee together.

I saw someone at the airport the other day with one on jubilee and it caught my eye from about 20 metres away.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 08:32 PM   #13
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Jubilee for both comfort and looks.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 09:17 PM   #14
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
I preferred jubilee to oyster on any watch. I was very lucky to get BLNR, BLRO and SkyD. all of them in jubilee.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
AP: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) PP: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, YG Carree, Tank W5000156 Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 09:22 PM   #15
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Jubilee for me.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 09:24 PM   #16
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
I always wanted the blue on oyster because that was how it was launched. When the Jubilee was added I thought it looked a little odd for such a large watch but over time I liked the jubilee more and more. Having tried both I prefer the comfort and looks of the jubilee because it makes it wear it a little smaller especially on the mint green and white dial references.
Old 7 August 2024, 09:24 PM   #17
Easy E

Add the second bracelet. $1800-ish you can have both looks.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 09:26 PM   #18
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUI1982 View Post
I’m a jeans and button down or polo wearing tech professional.
I see now (as I just voted) that the jubilee is winning, but for a more casual appearance, I vote for the oyster. It's just less flashy, not as blingy or dressy.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2024, 09:38 PM   #19
GoGetter5832
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 / OP41
Oyster fits your style more for how you described what you wear and your work environment. Also, keep in mind the watch wears a tad big and the oyster will add more thickness. If you aren’t too big of a guy you might want to look at going jubilee as it will look and wear a little thinner.
Old 7 August 2024, 10:50 PM   #20
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
I love both bracelets, and both really suit the watch.
However for this specific model, given its size and presence, the oyster just looks chunkier and holds it better. Also there is a lot going on on the dial, and the jubilee looks a touch busy.

Not sure if that makes any sense, and no wrong answer, but oyster just edges jubilee in this situation (for me)
+1.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 12:47 AM   #21
ltmgeller

Watch: Rolex
I love mine on jubilee
Old 8 August 2024, 12:52 AM   #22
NAUI1982

Watch: GMT-Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot View Post
Such a personal decision, I don't think you will get a consensus here, would suspect fairly even split with a bias to Jubilee, only you can really decide, try both and one should instantly shout louder, they are very different.

My opinion is Oyster all day long, I tried to ignore the hype and went with my gut.

I'll give my 2 points of rational, but I cant reiterate enough this is just my own opinion, other opinions are available!

1. From a practical perspective, its a heavy headed watch and the oyster seems to balance it better and keep it all under control, I am talking physically, but I suppose visually as well, I know that will sound strange!

2. From a looks perspective, its very much down to your style and personal preferences, the Jubilee on this watch gives it an older person vibe and coupled with the fluted bezel it went too 80's 90's Datejust for my liking. The main thing I love about this watch is the mix of old school traditional, but with some modern, almost a stepping stone between the classic and professional ranges. Fluted, cyclops, case shape, baton markers are all old school, but on the flip to the modern side, the bigger size and the mint or blue sunburst dial keep it fresh and up to date. The bracelet is the decider for me as to what camp it then falls into, I think the Oyster tips it into sportier, more modern, and the Jubilee into old man.

For context my BLRO is Jubilee, forced into that as there was no option in 2019, but I think it works and I wouldn't have it any other way now, so its not that I have an aversion to Jubilee. I just think there is a time and a place as in certain combinations it can make a watch look very dated.

Cant go wrong with either mind, go for it and enjoy!

This was my thought as well. I don't want old man watch, I'm a big fan of the sportier look and that is what is leading me to Oyster as well. I should have polled age of the voter in the poll as well.

This is a really tough choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Add the second bracelet. $1800-ish you can have both looks.
I'm told that you can't just go buy a new bracelet from an AD. Seems to be mixed information. On the one hand, I heard if you buy on Oyster, your can't get a Jubilee. But if you buy on Jubilee, you can go get the Oyster.

Hate to make a decision without complete information. Guess I'm going to ask that question of my AD as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGetter5832 View Post
Oyster fits your style more for how you described what you wear and your work environment. Also, keep in mind the watch wears a tad big and the oyster will add more thickness. If you aren’t too big of a guy you might want to look at going jubilee as it will look and wear a little thinner.
Yes, it think it does. I'm tall and have 197mm wrists. So no worries about the size/bulk of this watch on Oyster.
NAUI1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 01:11 AM   #23
B2 Stealth
"TRF" Member

Oyster looks great on my blue dial SkyD. Adds a sportiness and masculinity to the watch.
B2 Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 01:14 AM   #24
thegrandseirolexguy
"TRF" Member

Sky-Dweller on Oyster or Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAUI1982 View Post
This was my thought as well. I don't want old man watch, I'm a big fan of the sportier look and that is what is leading me to Oyster as well. I should have polled age of the voter in the poll as well.

This is a really tough choice!

I'm told that you can't just go buy a new bracelet from an AD. Seems to be mixed information. On the one hand, I heard if you buy on Oyster, your can't get a Jubilee. But if you buy on Jubilee, you can go get the Oyster.

Hate to make a decision without complete information. Guess I'm going to ask that question of my AD as well!

Yes, it think it does. I'm tall and have 197mm wrists. So no worries about the size/bulk of this watch on Oyster.

With those 197 mm ham hocks , the sky dweller is going to look great on you, regardless of bracelet configuration.

comfort -&gt; jubilee
aesthetics -&gt; oyster

I personally prefer the oyster because of the heavy watch head and the more subtle aesthetics.

The fluted bezel is already sufficiently bling, when coupled with the jubilee bracelet, it was just a tad too much for me to pull off.

thegrandseirolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 01:17 AM   #25
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
too big to be on jubilee
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 01:33 AM   #26
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Jubilee on SD with blue dial is a great package. So many oyster Rolex out there! Having Jubilee is a great option. If you have an Exp II with oyster you can swap so get Jubilee.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 01:40 AM   #27
jaherer1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 336934 Blue SkyD
I'm partial to the jubilee, but think it pairs so nice with the fluted bezel.

I wasn't the biggest fan of oyster with polished center links, even on the Daytona I just picked up. Thinking of getting a 63600 super jubilee as I definitely prefer the comfort of the jubilee, and I've owned 3 other oyster bracelets previously(brushed center links), and the only advantage of those were the glidelock adjustment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SkyD.jpg (78.5 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg Daytona+SykD.jpg (171.6 KB, 339 views)
jaherer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 01:48 AM   #28
Torshalla
"TRF" Member

I am also interested in buying a Sky D, blue dial, and struggle to decide if I prefer Oyster or Jubilee.
After discussing with my SA at the AD, I decided to listen to his advice and express interest for the Jubilee version and add the oyster bracelet as well…
Now I just have to wait… i guess it will be a long time… but then again I am not in a hurry and I will not go grey and pay more.

Torshalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 06:11 AM   #29
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Both, and that's the BEST choice

SkwDweller_Jubilee_Otster.jpg

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 06:19 AM   #30
BriansRolex
"TRF" Member

I'm not a jubilee fan in general so it's oyster for me
BriansRolex is online now   Reply With Quote