The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 August 2024, 04:53 AM   #31
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126515LN (sundust)
I wouldve loved to have attended that. Currently only have my modern generation Ranger as the lone Tudor in my collection, but my AD has promised me that the next BB Coke GMT is for me, hopefully within the next month or two
omar10213245 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2024, 04:53 AM   #32
JoseR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, Omega AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
So weird people come on here and criticize others watch choices?? Tudor is doing so well.
Agree. I don't own a Tudor but do like some of their watches. I'm not into divers but I do like the BB58. For the money you get a decent watch.
JoseR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2024, 06:04 AM   #33
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Tudor Event in DC yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1259 View Post
The block user button was created specifically for people like the OP.

Big 1st Amendment advocate are you? … The counter to bad information is more speech not less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2024, 06:17 AM   #34
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
There are some Rolex references I abhor but I'm not going to start a thread about it because others find them very appealing, in some cases their grail. Why would I want to criticize someone else's choices?

Saying others must have "gotten past" design queues you don't happen to find attractive is not what I call respecting their opinion.
dP

It’s called a marketplace of ideas and opinions. Pretty boring if only positives are shared.

Old 18 August 2024, 08:44 AM   #35
aZAGnF7!
"TRF" Member

Wish I knew about this. Definitely would have attended.
aZAGnF7! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2024, 09:28 AM   #36
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzie1982 View Post
On another note, I have always wondered if we can block people on here. Is it possible? Thanks.
Yes and I will never have to read the idiotic drivel of OP again.
1259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2024, 11:56 PM   #37
CaptT

Tudor is really putting out some good stuff, which nicely complements Rolex in particular, as well as other brands.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around a $32k gold Tudor BB, but so much else to choose from w/ Tudor that harkens back to what so many loved about Rolex of yesteryear. Less jewelry-like per se and more functional.

People will have their reasons for not buying or never buying a Tudor, and for some it would seem that it’s the crown or nothing at all. Nice to see many here appreciate and are comfortable with Tudor in their lineup.
CaptT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 12:50 AM   #38
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Weird thread. I love my Tudor BB58, snowflake hand and all. Also, if that crown had come off in my hand, I would have let staff know, not hightailed it out of there…. Geez!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 06:30 AM   #39
77T

I've had stems come out of a Patek and out of an Omega. It's just one tiny screw that keeps a stem in the movement.

It is the same for a $300 watch and a $150,000 watch - the movement is the thing - not the watch. And if the screw was slightly loose at assembly, considering the number of hands a watch goes through during an event, it can happen.

Simple fix, unscrew the back and torque down the stem screw. It has nothing to do with the quality of a watch.

Sort of strange not to let a staffer know so it could be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 07:24 AM   #40
isgrb
"TRF" Member

Big Tudor fan here as well, my AD just hooked me up with the pink chrono for my wife and I own several models. Great watches, they’re not on the same level as Rolex or Omega of course but they don’t pretend to be either.
isgrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 11:24 AM   #41
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Tudor Event in DC yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1259 View Post
Yes and I will never have to read the idiotic drivel of OP again.

And life would be so grand for the “perfect” people once you get rid of all those with whom you disagree. Nirvana.

Yet here you are reading a thread by one of the unwashed.

Old 19 August 2024, 11:47 AM   #42
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
And life would be so grand for the “perfect” people once you get rid of all those with whom you disagree. Nirvana.

Yet here you are reading a thread by one of the unwashed.

And with that comment, I think you proved MY point. Weird thread!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2024, 11:07 PM   #43
CaptT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
I attended a Tudor showcase event yesterday at Pentagon City Mall Bucherer / Tourneau AD.

Really great staff at this store. Really well managed by Tiffany and all the SAs are wonderful (special shout out to Kevin).

I’m not a Tudor guy, even though I think they have started making some attractive watches. I think their FXDs and pink chronograph are the pick of the litter.

I got the chance with no pressure to handle these watches and try to bond with them, but it was difficult to get over snowflake hands with round hour plots. Many have gotten past that part and I respect their opinions.

That said, my overarching bias of “no Tudor” was confirmed while handling their new all gold blackbay green dial/bezel model. I unscrewed the crown to see how it felt to wind and the crown came out in my hand. What the heck? I quickly pushed and screwed it back in and left the event.

Sorry, I’ll never buy a Tudor. Good luck to those that do.

I’m ready for Dan to flame me.

I’m curious if there was any hint at this Tudor event of a blue chrono to be released, as we saw this past week.

Also, I’m not sure why this first post by OP was so controversial or triggering for some. We’re each entitled to our opinion, and this post seems to be laid out fairly objectively and respectfully. If there is a common theme of criticism for certain Tudor models, it’s predominantly the snowflake hands (or case thickness).

Though, discarding an entire brand based on one misstep with an exhibition watch’s crown which may or may not be a reflection of poor quality (and a data set of 1), seems a little premature, or excessive.
Old 31 August 2024, 11:30 PM   #44
Aceholio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Palm Fronds!
My stainless bb58 has been going for years getting beat up in all sorts of situations, including lots of diving. Potentially you had one of the display models we've seen with no movement? The crown seems very much as I'd expect on this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg tudor.jpeg (207.9 KB, 90 views)
Aceholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2024, 12:06 AM   #45
MickCollins1916
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptT View Post
I’m curious if there was any hint at this Tudor event of a blue chrono to be released, as we saw this past week.

Also, I’m not sure why this first post by OP was so controversial or triggering for some. We’re each entitled to our opinion, and this post seems to be laid out fairly objectively and respectfully. If there is a common theme of criticism for certain Tudor models, it’s predominantly the snowflake hands (or case thickness).

Though, discarding an entire brand based on one misstep with an exhibition watch’s crown which may or may not be a reflection of poor quality (and a data set of 1), seems a little premature, or excessive.

No, I didn’t see any hint of the blue chrono at the pentagon city event. They had everything else there, however, including the pink chrono.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceholio View Post
My stainless bb58 has been going for years getting beat up in all sorts of situations, including lots of diving. Potentially you had one of the display models we've seen with no movement? The crown seems very much as I'd expect on this one.

I love your gold 58. That is an absolute stunner! I’d happily rock that one - great size, brushed, and green. Very nice.
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2024, 01:05 AM   #46
Aceholio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Palm Fronds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
I love your gold 58. That is an absolute stunner! I’d happily rock that one - great size, brushed, and green. Very nice.
You have great taste! My SD4k is my favorite stainless piece and probably gets the most wrist time. Cheers.
Aceholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2024, 01:07 AM   #47
CaptT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
No, I didn’t see any hint of the blue chrono at the pentagon city event. They had everything else there, however, including the pink chrono.
Old 1 September 2024, 01:52 AM   #48
Rolexforthewin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by espanol View Post
Seems like a fun time. I like the team over at that branch. Also enjoyed when Robin was the manager there.
She was very slimy!
Rolexforthewin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2024, 01:56 AM   #49
Rolexforthewin
"TRF" Member

For those that attended the event, the Black Bay ceramic with blue dial was sold at Tournea during the event and flipped the very next day to another watch shop in Tysons.
Rolexforthewin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2024, 04:23 AM   #50
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Big Tudor fan here as well. Frankly I'm personally much more excited about the Tudor line up compared to the Rolex line up. But that's just me. And I'm okay with OP's anti Tudor opinions.
Old 1 September 2024, 10:55 AM   #51
MickCollins1916
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceholio View Post
You have great taste! My SD4k is my favorite stainless piece and probably gets the most wrist time. Cheers.

Thanks. Great minds - we clearly have similarly excellent taste ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexforthewin View Post
For those that attended the event, the Black Bay ceramic with blue dial was sold at Tournea during the event and flipped the very next day to another watch shop in Tysons.

Yikes - I haven’t been paying close attention to the market and since I’m not a big fan of the ceramic BB, wasn’t even aware that was a flippable watch. Disappointing someone would do that after such an event, but I guess cynical moves like that do happen.
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote