The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 August 2024, 01:56 AM   #1
khmyjy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C, 14060
Submariner 126610 Power Reserve Concern

I’m m only getting about 60 hours power reserve on my watch after I wind it up approximately 40 turns and left it on the table. Since the watch stopped running before the 72 hours is this a concern ? Thanks
khmyjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 02:40 AM   #2
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by khmyjy View Post
I’m m only getting about 60 hours power reserve on my watch after I wind it up approximately 40 turns and left it on the table. Since the watch stopped running before the 72 hours is this a concern ? Thanks
Maybe try wearing the watch, winding is designed to get the watch started then it is fully wound by wearing it.

I have no issues with my Rolex watches being sat on the side over a weekend whilst I wear something different, taken off on Friday and returned to wrist Monday still ticking.

True, not a fully 70+ hours but good enough for me, and if you're wearing the watch all the time who needs 72 hours?

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 03:40 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Depends on how you are winding to fully wind it would need 40 plus full crown turns clockwise wise only they only wind on the forward wind and you cannot overwind it.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 04:47 AM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

If you wear it daily after fully winding up, and still only get 60 hours, the barrel and mainspring may have some problems inside. Could be as simple as a service and new mainspring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 05:13 AM   #5
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your 126610 Submariner runs with a 3235 caliber. Once fully wound its power reserve is independent if you wear the watch or not. Rolex PR specs is a minimum of 69 hours. How old is your watch?
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 05:43 AM   #6
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Try again winding it 50 turns.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 05:49 AM   #7
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
Try again winding it 50 turns.
x2
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 07:36 AM   #8
khmyjy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C, 14060
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Your 126610 Submariner runs with a 3235 caliber. Once fully wound its power reserve is independent if you wear the watch or not. Rolex PR specs is a minimum of 69 hours. How old is your watch?
My watch is about 2 years old. After I fully wind the watch I did not wear it. I put it down on the table and it stopped about 60 hour after.
khmyjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 07:55 AM   #9
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My watch is about 2 years old. After I fully wind the watch I did not wear it. I put it down on the table and it stopped about 60 hour after.
Measure the amplitudes, rates, and beat errors with a timegrapher, after full winding in the following watch positions: dial up, dial down, 3 up, 6 up, 9 up.
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2024, 08:00 AM   #10
Mystro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
This is inconclusive unless you do the test again and wind it at least 60 turns or more. Remember, you can’t overwind it so the goal here is to get it completely at the top of its power reserve. Recheck and write Dow the exact time and date to the seconds when set the watch down for testing.
It wouldn’t be the first time someone made an addition error when calculating their power reserve from memory.

I’ve been doing these tests for years on everything I own, and do them often.
Old 19 August 2024, 11:58 AM   #11
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
FWIW I checked once by looking at the crown position and the typical thumb-forefinger wind only rotates the crown by half or 3/4. YMMV.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote