The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 30 August 2024, 09:56 AM   #1
boywithakoi
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126720VTNR
Icon14 FS: 70's Cartier Tank Jumbo "Stepped Case" reference 15716 | New York Edition

Follow me on Instagram @crownedkoi to see the rest of my watches available and daily content.

https://imgur.com/a/gHkq2a9

High res versions of these photos are available. Contact me if interested.

Originally produced in the 70’s (before the Must collection), the Cartier Tank “Stepped Case” was offered in three different variations depending on which boutique it was made in. These were offered in an NYC, Paris, and London variation. Apparently it was because this trio was so successful, the “Must De” tanks were launched!

To give you an idea of rarity: there were about 2,500 pieces of NYC edition made, 5,000 of the London, and 5,000 of the Paris edition. At the time, the NYC store was independent of the Paris and London stores. This one is the NYC edition and not only is it the rarest of the bunch, it’s also the one that is the most unique in build!

The New York edition reference 15716 is the only one made in 14k rolled gold on brass alloy (Paris and London were 18k). The NY edition also was the only one to have a “four screw” back case (others had a snap back) and an elongated crown (others had a shortened crown). The NY edition is also the only reference that had true Cartier markings and serial numbers. The other two did not have serial numbers and were only lightly engraved. Only produced for a short three years from 1973-1976, not only is this a rare watch, but also the most sought after variation!

A sleeper in the Cartier line up given its history and rarity. This one comes in amazing vintage condition. Everything is original and correct to the watch.
Shows honest signs of wear and appears to be fully untouched (no signs of polish or hands / dial alteration).

Key details:
  • Reference 15716 late 70’s New York edition
  • 14k rolled gold 38x20mm case
  • Manual wind movement
  • All original and 100% authentic
  • Original dial and hands
  • Original strap with old Cartier logo buckle
  • Unknown service history

Price:
Offered at $8,999 including FedEx Overnight Priority shipping anywhere in the states. Trades are considered. Worldwide shipping is also available, please contact for rates first. I’m located in New York if you prefer a face to face transaction or delivery.

Instagram DM: @crownedkoi
Email: sales@crownedkoi.com
Call/text/Whatsapp: 3235803651

References available upon request. I have sold in other forums such as r/watchexchange with plenty of feedback. Please feel free to ask!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DSC03938.jpeg (139.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03928.jpeg (74.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03933.jpeg (74.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03930.jpeg (78.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03931.jpeg (74.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03932.jpeg (68.5 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03934.jpeg (67.8 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03935.jpeg (66.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03929.jpeg (87.1 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpeg DSC03936.jpeg (64.5 KB, 79 views)
Old Yesterday, 08:13 AM   #2
boywithakoi
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126720VTNR
Sold!

Tags
cartier , jumbo , tank , vintage