The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 4 September 2024, 10:29 PM   #1
nealjyu
"TRF" Member

Recommended vintage Rolex dealers in Hong Kong and Tokyo

Any honest vintage watch dealers you recommend dealing with in these areas? Looking out for a chapter ring glossy gilt dial 1016. I live in Hong Kong/ Philippines and go to Tokyo quite often hence looking for dealers only in these areas. Thanks in advance 🍻
nealjyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 September 2024, 10:56 PM   #2
IS2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,PP,AP, PAM
I would give a visit to Quark in Tokyo for their vintage Rolex selections.
IS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 06:05 AM   #3
ADINVA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
The Vintage Concept in Central is a shop that I would visit. Drop in and have a chat with the guys there. While it is good to be cautious, I find the folks in The Vintage Concept more transparent and honest than those in Kwong Wah Street.
ADINVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 05:18 PM   #4
Tensai
"TRF" Member

Watch: all the good ones
USA dealers have better vintage at better prices. Cheers.
Tensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 06:50 PM   #5
Incroyable12
"TRF" Member

There are a bunch of vintage dealers clustered in the CKE Shopping Mall next to Chunking Mansions.
Incroyable12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 07:52 PM   #6
yama4ta
"TRF" Member

'Nakano Broadway' in Nakano, Tokyo, has many watch shops.
yama4ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 08:50 PM   #7
carwashchris
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Vintage DD'S
Check out craft and Taylor web site , Cam the owner has a list of recommendations for both these city. On the other hand I have bought from johnson 167 and BYO vintage.they both are in IG. Happy hunting.

Chris

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
carwashchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 12:15 AM   #8
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yama4ta View Post
'Nakano Broadway' in Nakano, Tokyo, has many watch shops.
This is THE place to go in Tokyo. Hundreds of vintage and classic Rolexes on display. Prices are a little high, but the selection is incredible.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 12:51 AM   #9
LeBapt
2024 Pledge Member

The best would be for you to check out Craft & Tailored website (or app) to get the best insights.

From my experience, Nakano in Tokyo is the place to go because you "have them all" under the same roof. I have been 3 months ago after having religiously followed C+T buyer's guide and Nakano still is the best to me.

I live in Hong Kong so it's easier for me to recommend you some places:

Kowloon side:
- Arcades in Mong Kok (where London Watch is) and you will have other shops to look at. Including the one from Johnson's business partners. Do not go on Sunday.
- Building next to Chunking Mansion has become disappointing. Most of the dealers have left or are on site when they please. I don't recommend.

Island:
- Vintage Concept in Central, not bad but steep. Just good for window shopping to me.
- Berne Horology in Central, nice shop with not only rolex and a lot of vintages pieces. Worth a visit.
- Raymond on Pottinger Street. Nice and very knowledgeable chap. Very small selection and closes at 4pm daily but worth a visit. He might bring what you are looking for on the following day if he has it.
- Times Watch in Causeway Bay. The only shop remaining in the building that's worth to check out. But the staff behind the counter are very rude and pushy.
- Causeway Place in Causeway Bay. Go 2nd floor and look for a small shop named BYO. Very good prices and good stuff to choose from.

If you are in need of a strap, do go to MisterChrono in Central. You will find Mark behind the counter. One of the most knowledgeable guy I have met. You can go there for a chat if you want, I am sure he won't mind if you are passionate.

Golden rule is, never go anywhere before 1pm as most of them open late.

To give you an idea of the HK scene in terms of watches, look for uptickwatchreviews on youtube and check out his videos. Better than words.
LeBapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 01:46 AM   #10
Incroyable12
"TRF" Member

There's also a dealer called 66 HK Watches in CKE Mansions who has Khanjar stuff if that's what you're into.

HK also has very specific taste when it comes to watches; they tend to like post-80s stuff or heavily jewelled watches. You won't find really vintage stuff because there isn't much of a local market. Japan is much better in that regard.
Incroyable12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 08:23 PM   #11
nealjyu
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies! Most of the places listed, I've been to. Am curious about which dealers I can trust when buying my first vintage watch ��

As much as prices and selection are better in the USA, I don't live there so that option is out
nealjyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 09:41 PM   #12
LeBapt
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealjyu View Post
Thanks for the replies! Most of the places listed, I've been to. Am curious about which dealers I can trust when buying my first vintage watch ��

As much as prices and selection are better in the USA, I don't live there so that option is out
All can be trusted. Just do your due diligence and bring your own magnifier with UV lamp if you can

The only ones I would be careful with are Ivan Watches (Central) and 1954 (Mong Kok Arcade).
LeBapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2024, 01:30 PM   #13
Mk2rick
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedy Tuesday ST1
For HK, stay clear of Ivan Watches. They sold me a relumed 16710 purporting it to be original tritium. Wasted so much of my time trying to get it returned and refunded (which they did in the end).