The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 25 August 2024, 02:09 AM   #1
WRXtranceformed
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

FS: Tudor "Tiger" Panda Chronograph (79270 P50) with Kit!

Hello again folks! For sale is a stunning nearly full kit example of one of the coolest late 90’s chronographs – The Tudor “Tiger” Chronograph 79270P50! These watches had an interesting history – When Tiger Woods first went pro, his first watch sponsorship was with Tudor and they did a few runs of these chronographs with his name on the dial in a few different colorways. Eventually Tudor discontinued their sponsorship, Tiger went over to TAG, and then Rolex locked him in as a brand ambassador for what will probably be the rest of his life.

The case on this one measures 40mm x 48.5mm lug to lug x 13.8mm thick, which is slightly thinner and more wearable than the prior generation 791xx chronographs. It also introduced a sapphire crystal and Tudor signed caseback and crown. It is powered by the reliable Valjoux 7750 automatic chronograph movement.

Condition wise this watch is in excellent vintage condition. Watches with kits like these are a treat for me to come by. There are light marks and vintage wear on the polished portions of the case as to be expected for a watch of this age but no major dings or dents in the case. The most notable wear is some slight scratching in the polished surface on the 9 o’clock size of the case and a few marks on the front and back of the lugs. The panda dial is in beautiful shape and the tritium markers and hands are just starting to develop a creamy patina. The 12 hour bezel insert is in beautiful condition and the sapphire and cyclops appear to be free of any defects. The bezel rotates perfectly in both directions and the bracelet and clasp have very, very minor signs of wear. Service history is unknown but the watch appears to be running extremely well – the chronograph pushers screw and unscrew properly, function with a satisfying crispiness, the chrono hand resets to zero and I timed the movement at 6 s/d with 0.2ms beat error and 271 amp on my timegrapher app with only a few hand winds. This is a beautiful vintage watch that you can size and wear right out of the box!

This awesome kit will come with the watch on its OEM jubilee bracelet with a few extra links, the original outer and inner boxes, Rolex factory service booklet, Tudor manual, Tudor polishing cloth, warranty booklet serialized and stamped January 14th, 1998, Tudor strap end links, a Tudor clasp and a black 20mm leather strap for it. Truly a great collectors set!

I am asking $4,975 net to me, including fully insured shipping in the US. Not interested in trades at this time, trade requests will be ignored. I have hundreds of positive feedbacks on other forums and a handful of transactions here on TRF - you can deal with confidence! Please message me with any questions or interest and thanks for looking!

WRXtranceformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2024, 11:30 PM   #2
WRXtranceformed

Bump!
Old 2 September 2024, 10:34 AM   #3
WRXtranceformed

$4,899
Old 5 September 2024, 04:18 AM   #4