The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 June 2024, 10:54 PM   #121
samson66
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
I sold mine because i didn’t like the thickness. If they slim it down, I’ll consider again.
The thickness didn't really bother me on my blue Black Bay, but yeah the new case design is a big improvement in both appearance and comfort. The jubilee bracelet is fantastic.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 11:17 PM   #122
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot View Post
I have one put away as I just had a feeling it might be collectable one day, but I now get the feeling it was a mistake.

There are just too many in circulation, but the big killer will be if they replace it with a newer model with the case, dimensions and metas movement of the Burgundy or monochrome models.

I suspect that's what will happen next, at which point this V1 will become inferior rather than collectable.

This.

If there is a v2, everyone will pile in and the sell off of v1 will be steep…

My guess is that Harrods will do a v2…
The Londonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 11:38 PM   #123
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Londonist View Post
This.

And I bet if they do a V2 you will have to pick it up in London again.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 11:56 PM   #124
chriskris
"TRF" Member

thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexnabzy View Post
13,6xx or thereabouts....bought June 1st...
chriskris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2024, 12:07 AM   #125
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
A very nice watch I have owned several times. I doubt the collectability value unless many years down the road.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2024, 11:26 PM   #126
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This.

Having said this, I will be keeping my v1 and will likely put my name down for a v2 if it comes out.
Old 23 June 2024, 01:22 AM   #127
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I didn’t realize I started this thread. So since I first posted this, I have put my name on the list, got tired, bought it used from a dealer, had my name come up on the list, helped a forum member get the watch in London, got tired of the thickness, sold the watch, and am now waiting for the v2.

Pretty much the watch experience in one watch!
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2024, 01:46 AM   #128
talkingbollox
"TRF" Member

Comments re “too many out there”……..but how many have been seen out in the wild? I for one haven’t seen any, apart from a couple in the Horrids display case.
talkingbollox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2024, 01:52 AM   #129
Bozzie1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingbollox View Post
Comments re “too many out there”……..but how many have been seen out in the wild? I for one haven’t seen any, apart from a couple in the Horrids display case.
Lots are sold overseas and many for sale online. Now going under retail too. Think many have realised if v2 is released it'll plummet in value and I reckon many bought as they thought it would appreciate.

Biggest shock for me since tudors new movements come about is the value of the 79220n which always carried a premium given it's rarity. That's come down massively, the eta line all have.
Bozzie1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2024, 03:19 AM   #130
talkingbollox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzie1982 View Post
Lots are sold overseas and many for sale online. Now going under retail too. Think many have realised if v2 is released it'll plummet in value and I reckon many bought as they thought it would appreciate.

Biggest shock for me since tudors new movements come about is the value of the 79220n which always carried a premium given it's rarity. That's come down massively, the eta line all have.
Doesn't answer my question though: How many have actually been spotted being worn in the flesh?

It's the only watch that I have had random conversations over when worn out and about.
Old 23 June 2024, 03:39 AM   #131
Bozzie1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Doesn't answer my question though: How many have actually been spotted being worn in the flesh?

It's the only watch that I have had random conversations over when worn out and about.
Means nothing imo. Around 15k have been sold according to the numbers. Ive a green op41. I've never seen an other in the wild, that said I'm under no illusions that tons have been sold.

Many haven't bought this to wear in the wild. They thought the harrods was going to be a investment. Sadly wrong imo.
Old 23 June 2024, 04:12 AM   #132
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzie1982 View Post
Means nothing imo. Around 15k have been sold according to the numbers. Ive a green op41. I've never seen an other in the wild, that said I'm under no illusions that tons have been sold.

Many haven't bought this to wear in the wild. They thought the harrods was going to be a investment. Sadly wrong imo.

There seemed to be the sense that it would be a limited run of pieces and the disappointment set in when certain (self-imposed) thresholds were breached - 5k and 10k seemed to be lines in the sand.

Perhaps some were just looking for the next hot piece after Rolex became unobtainable.

For Tudor it was just good business and for those who like the piece for what it is, a nice addition to the collection.

Roll-on the v2 on a jubilee bracelet!
Old 23 June 2024, 04:18 AM   #133
Bozzie1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There seemed to be the sense that it would be a limited run of pieces and the disappointment set in when certain (self-imposed) thresholds were breached - 5k and 10k seemed to be lines in the sand.

Perhaps some were just looking for the next hot piece after Rolex became unobtainable.

For Tudor it was just good business and for those who like the piece for what it is, a nice addition to the collection.

Roll-on the v2 on a jubilee bracelet!
Yes totally agree. I considered it a few times but the thickness turned me away. Always wanted a 79220n but couldn't justify the premium however, they've come down massively since v2 has come about.

I remember the 5k limit rumour, then 10k.drove the premium up but tudors new black bay line has killed that now I think. Same with black bay etas too.

Lovely watch regardless just a tad thick for me.
Old 23 June 2024, 07:28 AM   #134
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Nobody knows for sure but the best information I have from someone inside the business (for what it's worth) is there will not be another Tudor Harrods collaboration.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2024, 07:04 PM   #135
Manamana
"TRF" Member

548 remaining as of now. These will disappear before the end of summer. So many tourists in London now.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2024, 07:25 PM   #136
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Nobody knows for sure but the best information I have from someone inside the business (for what it's worth) is there will not be another Tudor Harrods collaboration.

So the BBH was introduced in 2017, around 5 years after the original burgundy bezel 79220; if we take this as a mid-product cycle boost to the range, it would make sense for Tudor to introduce a v2 sometime around 2028.

I can see no reason why Tudor would not do a v2 if a suitable profit share arrangement with Harrods can be agreed. After all, they appear to have sold around 14K units so it was good business. Clearly a win-win for both Tudor and Harrods.
Old 23 June 2024, 07:54 PM   #137
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Clearly a win-win for both Tudor and Harrods.
It's a win win if both parties want it. I'm told that Tudor won't do it but time will tell.
Old 23 June 2024, 08:00 PM   #138
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So the BBH was introduced in 2017, around 5 years after the original burgundy bezel 79220; if we take this as a mid-product cycle boost to the range, it would make sense for Tudor to introduce a v2 sometime around 2028.

I can see no reason why Tudor would not do a v2 if a suitable profit share arrangement with Harrods can be agreed. After all, they appear to have sold around 14K units so it was good business. Clearly a win-win for both Tudor and Harrods.
The question is if Harrods which is a strong brand in the UK will want to continue associating itself with a low luxury watch brand like Tudor. They may have a chance of going with a higher tier watchmaker, and get a good sharing profit agreement to advertise their brand.
Old 23 June 2024, 10:49 PM   #139
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
The question is if Harrods which is a strong brand in the UK will want to continue associating itself with a low luxury watch brand like Tudor. They may have a chance of going with a higher tier watchmaker, and get a good sharing profit agreement to advertise their brand.

I would imagine that before agreeing with Tudor, Harrods probably approached other brands who, presumably said ‘nah-not for us’ or something similar. Tudor, on the other hand, thought why not and never looked back.

I would imagine for the next collaboration, Tudor will be in pole position unless, as you say, one of other brands accepts an offer. Who knows…

I’m enjoying the current watch (even if thicker than I’d like) and if a v2 should come around I’ll put my name down.
Old 20 July 2024, 11:58 PM   #140
The Londonist
"TRF" Member

Unless I’m mistaken, there appear to be less than 10 left…
Old 21 July 2024, 12:57 AM   #141
chriskris
"TRF" Member

591 left at this moment
chriskris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2024, 06:35 AM   #142
talkingbollox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskris View Post
591 left at this moment
Really? Did they receive another batch? Was 485 three weeks ago.....
Old 21 July 2024, 06:41 AM   #143
Bozzie1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Really? Did they receive another batch? Was 485 three weeks ago.....
They keep coming. It's a special edition not limited.......
Old 21 July 2024, 07:21 AM   #144
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
It was definitely down to 405 so I guess they found some more down the back of the sofa
Old 5 September 2024, 04:39 PM   #145
Manamana
"TRF" Member

The colour of the bezel on the gold BB 58 is the same colour of the Harrods bezel. So maybe this is the end of their collab as Tudor started using the Harrods color on it's models. Just wondering .
Old 5 September 2024, 06:30 PM   #146
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The colour of the bezel on the gold BB 58 is the same colour of the Harrods bezel. So maybe this is the end of their collab as Tudor started using the Harrods color on it's models. Just wondering .
The YG model is more like what I would expect from a collaboration between Harrods and Tudor. I think we were fortunate to get a saner SS model.
Old 5 September 2024, 07:35 PM   #147
Manamana
"TRF" Member

I wonder if the new BB41 jubilee can fit on the Harrods BB. Only 1.1 mm difference in thickness. Or the 41 Chrono jubilee which is 0.3mm less thick only compared to Harrods.
Old 6 September 2024, 01:51 AM   #148
talkingbollox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But no green tip on the seconds hand on the BB58