The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 September 2024, 11:27 AM   #1
Portofino2023
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 18K President
High End Leather Straps?

Hi Team,

Is there a go to place/website for high end leather watch straps? If anyone would know-it would be someone here. Thanks in advance!

Mark
Portofino2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 11:51 AM   #2
derrondoc
2024 Pledge Member

There are several options. I’ve had some made from Aaron Bespoke (https://www.aaronbespoke.com) and Dangerous 9 (www.dangerous9straps.com). I can recommend either without reservation.
derrondoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 12:28 PM   #3
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I like https://veblenist.com/.

Aaron as mentioned above also has good stuff and many like him.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 02:16 PM   #4
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I have used Aaron Bespoke several times. Full custom, you choose the materials, the stitching, the length, number of holes, etc. They are not cheap but no way would I spend their price on an off the shelf strap.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 02:47 PM   #5
jvencius
"TRF" Member

Watch: 136660
ABP (Atelier du Bracelet Parisien) did a marvelous job making the strap my Speedy and I'd happily send them my business again. Google "ABP watch straps" for their site since I don't yet have the post count to post links.
jvencius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 03:07 PM   #6
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Camille Fournet is worth a look they do some amazing stuff
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 03:22 PM   #7
Joearch
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Peter of Peter Watch Accessories is excellent. I met him years ago from my Panerai strap days. Instagram is Peter.watchacc

He has recently made 2 custom straps for my Daytona’s.

Great pricing as well. Good communication.

mailto:peter.watchacc@gmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2620.jpeg (121.5 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2626.jpeg (157.0 KB, 388 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_3134.jpeg (145.5 KB, 386 views)
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 03:46 PM   #8
elau1958
"TRF" Member

I source all my leather and exotic straps from a guy in Vietnam. I send him a picture of the OEM strap and measurements and I will receive the product in two weeks. His straps are made way better than the OEM. In essence you are paying for a stamped logo and the quality is still not as good as my guy in Vietnam. He even custom made me a three-slot watch traveling case exactly per my specifications and color combination for more half of what you would pay elsewhere. So far my Original Glashette, IWC, Baby Grand Seiko, and ChronoSwiss don his straps. Each one is genuine crocodile hide.

He can't speak very good English but I Face Time him when I place my order, and he will show me different crocodile hides to pick from. He has tails, bellies, neck and back (which I cannot use but I think neck and back will be great for AP Offshore). Once I pick the pattern that I like, he will give me the color choice and he will dye the hide for me. His wife does all the sewing/fitting of the leather backing (I can also choose the color) and he does the cutting and dyeing. Occasionally he also sends me pictures of his progress. His name is Khanh Hoang.

I bought one very expensive strap for my Vintage Rolex Oyster from one of the guys who advertises in Time Zone for $300.00 and I was very disappointed with his workmanship. I ordered a dark green alligator back and it looked nothing like what he described when I received the strap. And the hole punches were messy. Never buy from him again.
elau1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 06:05 PM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portofino2023 View Post
Hi Team,

Is there a go to place/website for high end leather watch straps? If anyone would know-it would be someone here. Thanks in advance!

Mark
What is a high end leather watch strap is that the ones that are very very expensive to buy. You can pay silly money for some straps that are no better quality than the ones from Hirsch .

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 06:09 PM   #10
Cru Jones

For Rolex...
  • ABP Concept
  • Camille Fournet
  • Dangerous9

If for Panerai, there are others to consider, like Greg Stevens Designs (GSD) and Vintager (Micah).

I've heard good things about Aaron Bespoke but personally have never ordered one for some reason.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 09:09 PM   #11
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau1958 View Post
I source all my leather and exotic straps from a guy in Vietnam. I send him a picture of the OEM strap and measurements and I will receive the product in two weeks. His straps are made way better than the OEM. In essence you are paying for a stamped logo and the quality is still not as good as my guy in Vietnam. He even custom made me a three-slot watch traveling case exactly per my specifications and color combination for more half of what you would pay elsewhere. So far my Original Glashette, IWC, Baby Grand Seiko, and ChronoSwiss don his straps. Each one is genuine crocodile hide.

He can't speak very good English but I Face Time him when I place my order, and he will show me different crocodile hides to pick from. He has tails, bellies, neck and back (which I cannot use but I think neck and back will be great for AP Offshore). Once I pick the pattern that I like, he will give me the color choice and he will dye the hide for me. His wife does all the sewing/fitting of the leather backing (I can also choose the color) and he does the cutting and dyeing. Occasionally he also sends me pictures of his progress. His name is Khanh Hoang.

I bought one very expensive strap for my Vintage Rolex Oyster from one of the guys who advertises in Time Zone for $300.00 and I was very disappointed with his workmanship. I ordered a dark green alligator back and it looked nothing like what he described when I received the strap. And the hole punches were messy. Never buy from him again.
Is this him on Etsy?

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/DNleatherhandmade
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 10:54 PM   #12
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

I've got all my leather straps from Bas and Lokes. Takes a few months to make but worth it; super high quality, never had a bad strap from them.
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2024, 11:31 PM   #13
Krash

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Someone recently posted about Dangerous 9 straps. They look really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 12:00 AM   #14
Joearch

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
What is a high end leather watch strap is that the ones that are very very expensive to buy. You can pay silly money for some straps that are no better quality than the ones from Hirsch .
Very simple. Perfect fit. Pick exact color and pattern. Better quality. Lower cost. Nice to work with an artisan. Why does that seem to bother you?
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 12:38 AM   #15
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvencius View Post
ABP (Atelier du Bracelet Parisien) did a marvelous job making the strap my Speedy and I'd happily send them my business again. Google "ABP watch straps" for their site since I don't yet have the post count to post links.
My favorite and perfectly made.
Old 7 September 2024, 01:43 AM   #16
CaptT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
If for Panerai, there are others to consider, like Greg Stevens Designs (GSD) and Vintager (Micah).
+1

This may not do Vintager full justice, but I’ve always thought of Micah’s straps as the “Toyota Tacomas/4Runners” of the strap world. Well build, solid, durable, functional, age well, and yet still attractive. Highly recommend.
CaptT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 03:38 AM   #17
Peej
"TRF" Member

https://huitcinq1988.bigcartel.com/

Handmade in Rome. Also does bespoke.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 03:56 AM   #18
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

Camille Fournet are on Patek and Cartier. The best. If alligator, get the large scale, which is the belly and IYKYK.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 04:53 PM   #19
elau1958
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
No. He does not has a website. I met him by accident in Face Book 4 years ago and I messaged him asking if he can make me a strap for my ChronoSwiss. He was reluctant at first as he didn't want to ship overseas. After a couple weeks of asking and he finally gave in. I have been buying from him since.

In fact I just requested a new strap from him for my Corum Admiral Cup. The OEM strap has seen better days.
elau1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:51 PM   #20
Zorro79
"TRF" Member

Aaron Bespoke is fantastic. I also have a strap from genteel Handmade, which is also very very nice. Both are custom strap makers and have a number of very nice hides and options you can choose from. Highly recommend them both.
Zorro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 03:36 AM   #21
Hardtimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 118238
I have personal experience with Aaron Bespoke. EXCELLENT work! What sets him apart from others that I have seen is you really have MANY more options in materials and options. If you want Green Alligator with pink stitching you can get it!!
Hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 04:28 AM   #22
derrondoc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
I have personal experience with Aaron Bespoke. EXCELLENT work! What sets him apart from others that I have seen is you really have MANY more options in materials and options. If you want Green Alligator with pink stitching you can get it!!

I agree. You can customize everything. Options of leathers, stitching, accents, buckle type (OEM buckle, aftermarket deployment clasp, pin/buckle), straight/curved spring bars (quick-release or regular). Aaron is great about making recommendations and suggestions as well.

derrondoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2024, 05:18 AM   #23
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quality wise…

Terrycrafted is the best. Nobody comes close but you will pay $$$

Aaron Bespoke is good, but not as good as Terrycrafted.Personally I’d rather pay more for Terry.

Camille Fournet does good work that is kind of pricey for what it is. TerryCrafted is much better than them but CF is kind of the high end standard. Many brands use CF for straps.
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote