The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 14 September 2024, 09:28 PM   #1
PatekPhobic
"TRF" Member

Cubitus-latest

Someone has posted an invitation to the launch of PP’s new line- Cubitus. Some new pictures from the patent filed by PP have shown part of the appearance of Cubitus. Also the MRPS of Cubitus will be lower than Nautilus or Aquanaut.
PatekPhobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2024, 10:31 PM   #2
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Will be interesting to see. I'm hoping for something refreshing and new- hopefully not a hype watch that sells for 4x retail.
shammad10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 12:46 AM   #3
Aboutderntime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726/1a
“ I wanted a watch with the sporty, fresh spirit of a convertible”
Rolex GMT Master II “Pepsi” (126710BLRO), Rolex Explorer (214270), Rolex Yachtmaster 42 (226659), Rolex Submariner “Hulk” (116610LV), Omega Seamaster Diver 300M, Patek Philippe Calatrava (6119r), Patek Philippe Weekly Calendar (5212a), Patek Philippe Nautilus Annual Calendar (5726/1a), Patek Philippe Aquanaut chronograph (5968a), Vacheron Constantine Overseas Black (4500V)
Aboutderntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 01:55 AM   #4
sampelligrino
"TRF" Member

Do we have a date when it's supposed to be unveiled & announced?
sampelligrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 02:09 AM   #5
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Only a matter of time before we have some leaked images or more info.

Also how do we know the pricepoint being less than the aquanaut?
Old 15 September 2024, 02:09 AM   #6
PatekPhobic
"TRF" Member

Mid October
PatekPhobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 04:22 AM   #7
Econdon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5167A
Quote:
Originally Posted by shammad10 View Post
Will be interesting to see. I'm hoping for something refreshing and new- hopefully not a hype watch that sells for 4x retail.
IF it is indeed priced lower than the other sport models you can bet it'll go for at least 2-3x retail on secondary mkt if not more right out the gate
Econdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 05:42 AM   #8
southlight
2024 Pledge Member

17 October
southlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 11:43 PM   #9
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
Only a matter of time before we have some leaked images or more info.

Also how do we know the pricepoint being less than the aquanaut?
Want to not alienate new clients
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2024, 11:47 PM   #10
Partekular
"TRF" Member

I vaguely recall reading somewhere Stern said the main market demand for PPs was in the 30-40,000 range - Euros?

https://hypebeast.com/2019/5/patek-p...s-buying-guide

https://www.luxurybazaar.com/grey-ma...YUAtWQzI021gBh
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 12:41 AM   #11
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Want to not alienate new clients
Meaningless if they want hundreds of thousands of $$ in spend to even qualify.

We’ll see. Hopefully they actually are targeting new customers
Old 16 September 2024, 12:46 AM   #12
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Meaningless if they want hundreds of thousands of $$ in spend to even qualify.

We’ll see. Hopefully they actually are targeting new customers
Very AD dependant
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 12:58 AM   #13
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Very AD dependant
Well if Patek doesn’t mandate any KPIs of the sort then nothing will change. It’s about incentives.

Is it AD dependent today? I don’t know of any cases of getting an aquanaut/nautilus as one’s first.
Old 16 September 2024, 03:03 AM   #14
byow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well if Patek doesn’t mandate any KPIs of the sort then nothing will change. It’s about incentives.

Is it AD dependent today? I don’t know of any cases of getting an aquanaut/nautilus as one’s first.
It is partly AD dependent.

Before the craze, a first-time buyer could buy a Nautilus as a first timepiece.
Today, this is still possible with the Salons with the appropriate introduction.
byow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 03:16 AM   #15
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by byow View Post
It is partly AD dependent.

Before the craze, a first-time buyer could buy a Nautilus as a first timepiece.
Today, this is still possible with the Salons with the appropriate introduction.
Yeah I’m aware of the gold old days when sports models would sit and were even looked down upon lol. Wish we go back to those days (definitely heading in the right direction).

If a whale with millions of dollars of spend is introducing you that doesn’t say much. They’re catering to the whale by throwing a relatively cheap bone to the LTV of the whale.

I am not aware of anyone in the past 4 years that got a sports model at an AD without notable spend.
Old 16 September 2024, 04:53 AM   #16
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I am not aware of anyone in the past 4 years that got a sports model at an AD without notable spend.
Several reports on YouTube of first Patek being a sports piece, I have no doubts there are plenty more.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 05:13 AM   #17
byow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah I’m aware of the gold old days when sports models would sit and were even looked down upon lol. Wish we go back to those days (definitely heading in the right direction).

If a whale with millions of dollars of spend is introducing you that doesn’t say much. They’re catering to the whale by throwing a relatively cheap bone to the LTV of the whale.

These « old days » are just a few years ago. In 2018, one could get « sports models » as their first watch without spend history or introduction. This is still true in the Salons with the right introduction.

« Whales » are not the best persons for an introduction with Patek, collectors are; stars also, to some extent.
byow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 02:59 PM   #18
Gamut
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatekPhobic View Post
Someone has posted an invitation to the launch of PP’s new line- Cubitus. Some new pictures from the patent filed by PP have shown part of the appearance of Cubitus. Also the MRPS of Cubitus will be lower than Nautilus or Aquanaut.
I have searched and found several patent documents including those images. I think the image with the bezel is related to 5374/300P, not the new line, the essence of the patent being the integration of elements such as the indices to the bezel, there by simplifying the fabrication of the dial.

The image with the ring-like gear seems to be a huge column wheel of a chronograph. So at least this would not relate to the time-only base model of the new line.

The image which to me seems most likely to be related to the new line is the one with the quick-release pin of a strap, which would suit the concept of "convertible" written in the invitation.

Searching through recent patents by Patek, I have found one of a rotating bezel construction, which echoes the rumors that the new line is going to be diver's model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg スクリーンショット-2024-09-16-13.50.30.jpg (58.1 KB, 484 views)
Gamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 04:33 PM   #19
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Several reports on YouTube of first Patek being a sports piece, I have no doubts there are plenty more.
sure, after buying diamonds and jewelry for half a million from the AD:::)))
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 04:43 PM   #20
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamut View Post
I have searched and found several patent documents including those images. I think the image with the bezel is related to 5374/300P, not the new line, the essence of the patent being the integration of elements such as the indices to the bezel, there by simplifying the fabrication of the dial.

The image with the ring-like gear seems to be a huge column wheel of a chronograph. So at least this would not relate to the time-only base model of the new line.

The image which to me seems most likely to be related to the new line is the one with the quick-release pin of a strap, which would suit the concept of "convertible" written in the invitation.

Searching through recent patents by Patek, I have found one of a rotating bezel construction, which echoes the rumors that the new line is going to be diver's model.
Thanks for the breakdown. A diver could also make sense after they "downgraded" all their other pieces to 30m only...
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 09:24 PM   #21
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I understand in the UK there is a policy of not allocating an Aquanaut/Nautilus as the first Patek to a customer. However I am sure there are exceptions to the policy.
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2024, 11:02 PM   #22
dbfagan
"TRF" Member

It’s a collaboration, Aqua-Swatch or Nauti-Swatch:)
dbfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:49 AM   #23
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Interesting. Good work internet sleuths!

The notion of Patek making a round diver is... interesting. Certainly does look like there could be a rotating bezel and an option changing straps without the use of tools.

What I will say: if Patek wades into this highly saturated area, I hope that it brings it. I imagine it may be difficult to stand out in a crowded field. Or, at a minimum, it could read as very uninspired. But who know, I hope that I am wowed. I do like the idea of a new line and one that is more accessibly priced.

One idea I had: it would cool if the watch had a button that would reset a bezel to zero. I imagine that would be super fun to play with.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:25 AM   #24
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
Ready to see the diver with 30m water resistance. It's alright, though, because my Patek AD is more resistant to sell me any piece I'd want than their sport watches ever could be water resistant!

Sorry, just had to throw it out there.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:22 AM   #25
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I'm sure they will launch a nice product line and it will be just as hard to get as a Nautilus and Aquanaut anyways....
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 AM   #26
JMac6
"TRF" Member

Eh, as people mentioned, unavailability of sports models is a pretty recent phenomenon. I imagine, as time goes on, that will change. Market is softening and I imagine will continue to soften.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:32 AM   #27
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
sure, after buying diamonds and jewelry for half a million from the AD:::)))
If anyone has done that they should be sectioned.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote