The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,046 69.83%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.14%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 390 26.03%
Voters: 1498. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 September 2024, 03:38 AM   #5221
FlyinHawaiian
"TRF" Member

Watch: This! 🍻
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Correct.

According to your signature you also own a GMT-Master II 126719BLRO (3285) and an Air-King 126900 (3230)?
Yes I do. I just checked the BLRO at t=0, all within specs. Will check t=12 and t=24 later.

The SD43 was very noticeably losing seconds just after a few hours of wearing.
FlyinHawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 03:45 AM   #5222
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Yes I do. I just checked the BLRO at t=0, all within specs. Will check t=12 and t=24 later.
Thanks. How old are your BLRO and Air-King?
Do you plan to post your timegrapher results for both watches?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 07:02 AM   #5223
FlyinHawaiian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. How old are your BLRO and Air-King?
Do you plan to post your timegrapher results for both watches?
BLRO - 10/23
Air King - 05/23
Old 18 September 2024, 03:41 PM   #5224
SwissSteph
"TRF" Member

Hello,

One question: how can you tell if the watch is fully wound during this manual operation? Is there a particular “noise”?

I'm asking this question so that I'm really ready when I receive my “Weishi 1900” to test my two watches. My Excel file is ready, all I have to do is carry out my “60 hours” of testing

Another question, for the moment my Sea-Dweller has been on a “Swiss Kubik” winder since it arrived at my house. Is this enough to keep it completely wound or will I have to do a manual winding just before my tests?
SwissSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 04:21 PM   #5225
saxo3
"TRF" Member

It is difficult to hear a tiny sound, but you can feel a kind of resistance, some describe it as a "grindy" feeling. Not every 32xx movement has exactly the same behavior. The winder keeps it wound, but it is unclear how much. Make the 40+ full turns of the crown. You can't overwind the movement.
Old 18 September 2024, 04:24 PM   #5226
SwissSteph
"TRF" Member

SwissSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 09:31 PM   #5227
capice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is difficult to hear a tiny sound, but you can feel a kind of resistance, some describe it as a "grindy" feeling. Not every 32xx movement has exactly the same behavior. The winder keeps it wound, but it is unclear how much. Make the 40+ full turns of the crown. You can't overwind the movement.
Doesn't it depend on when the watch was serviced?
capice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2024, 11:26 PM   #5228
Easy E
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capice View Post
Doesn't it depend on when the watch was serviced?
Not necessarily. Another factor to consider, it is harder to hear/feel the slip in say a SD43 vs a DJ, due to case and crystal shape and thickness.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51 AM   #5229
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Something interesting.

I have investigated all 7 watches that were bought in 2024, measured, and presented with data in this thread. 

The different owners (Bigmcmuffins, EasyE, Digiwatch, Maratka, Penelope2017) all used a Weishi timegrapher.

I have looked at their measured 5-position averages for the amplitudes (X-Amplitude) and the rates (X-Rate).

For each watch I have taken the posted data after full winding (t = 0 h) and 24 hours (t =24 h) later.

The different watches are numbered 1,2,3,….7.

Look at the two graphs below.

What do you see and what is your explanation? I am curious about your suggestions.

Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM   #5230
FlyinHawaiian
"TRF" Member

Data for my 126719.
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM   #5231
searas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Something interesting.

I have investigated all 7 watches that were bought in 2024, measured, and presented with data in this thread. 

The different owners (Bigmcmuffins, EasyE, Digiwatch, Maratka, Penelope2017) all used a Weishi timegrapher.

I have looked at their measured 5-position averages for the amplitudes (X-Amplitude) and the rates (X-Rate).

For each watch I have taken the posted data after full winding (t = 0 h) and 24 hours (t =24 h) later.

What do you see and what is your explanation? I am curious about your suggestions.
I don't have any 32xx watch, but as prospective buyer follow this interesting thread closely. It seems that there is a lot of variation in the amplitude numbers (t=0 or t=24) even in watches purchased this 2024. What would be the cause?? Is Rolex using both corrected and uncorrected movements in new watches ? Maybe some of these 7 watches are really older than others even if they were sold this year? Or it is just that some of them have seen more use and are more into the degradation path of the 32xx.

Maybe some experts could chime in.

Regards,
Daniel
searas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM   #5232
Poodlopogus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Something interesting.

Hard to say for sure, since none ever dropped below 200, but what this says to me is that the relationship between low amplitude and large time losses is correlated, not causal. In other words, some third "thing" independently causes the watch to lose time and prevent it from getting above 200 degrees.

I recall reading that Rolex designed this movement to keep good time even at low amplitudes (whether that's what happens in practice or not). So it's possible that the two have never been tied together as closely as was suspected.
Poodlopogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM   #5233
Easy E
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlopogus View Post
Hard to say for sure, since none ever dropped below 200, but what this says to me is that the relationship between low amplitude and large time losses is correlated, not causal. In other words, some third "thing" independently causes the watch to lose time and prevent it from getting above 200 degrees.

I recall reading that Rolex designed this movement to keep good time even at low amplitudes (whether that's what happens in practice or not). So it's possible that the two have never been tied together as closely as was suspected.
The low amplitude to low spd correlation is basically the summary point of this entire thread.

I can’t discern much else from the chart, seems inconsistent to me. Maybe that is the point being made, idk. Without having a similar data set to say all 201x 31s, or a set of Omegas all from the same production cycle to compare to, I’m going with the movements are just not consistent unit to unit.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #5234
Poodlopogus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
The low amplitude to low spd correlation is basically the summary point of this entire thread.

I can’t discern much else from the chart, seems inconsistent to me. Maybe that is the point being made, idk. Without having a similar data set to say all 201x 31s, or a set of Omegas all from the same production cycle to compare to, I’m going with the movements are just not consistent unit to unit.
Yes, but glancing back through the thread, it seems that over time it morphed into an assumption of a causal relationship. Simply a correlation means that watches could run at low amplitude indefinitely and still remain accurate, unless some third factor influences both outcomes.
Poodlopogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #5235
PO.Victory
"TRF" Member

I’ll take #3.
PO.Victory is offline   Reply With Quote