The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM   #31
edo
"TRF" Member

It's like scientology but with watches. Shame they get rid of the turtlebeck prophet.
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #32
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Calling the ‘capo di tutti capo’ or in this case ‘whale of all whales’ . . . .

Mr Big GW44

He decides who goes on the VIP list - below him obvious

The cheque is in the post
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:39 AM   #33
Lemarp
"TRF" Member

We need someone that can fill out what it means to be (or at least what they think this means):

VIP -
VVIP -
VVVIP -
VVVVIP -
God Tier - Significant # of instagram followers; known celebrity?
Lemarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:24 AM   #34
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post
I don’t think 16202 means you’re VIP. That was my last watch, bought six in the last two years (no I wasn’t buying them to get a 16202) and I’m nobody to them. Only gift I got was that stupid backgammon set lol. No way I would ever get offered any of the cool stuff. I don’t have any idea what my next watch will be but not one of the omg ones.
I’ve been around some of the guys who are VIP and they don’t even know there’s such a thing or care. They’re just rich!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sir you must be like me and are married with trauma lol. You got a 16202 and I think that’s an amazing offer and pick up. Would love to know what pieces you picked up before that
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:29 AM   #35
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemarp View Post
We need someone that can fill out what it means to be (or at least what they think this means):

VIP -
VVIP -
VVVIP -
VVVVIP -
God Tier - Significant # of instagram followers; known celebrity?
They are described differently by AP, "friend of the brand", "friend of the family" as examples.
Old Today, 02:44 AM   #36
khairain
"TRF" Member

I'm not sure about now but before pandemic there were few criteria depending on the piece that your purchasing. If my spending history was below 100k USD I will be invited to their event in my region which one of the event that was paid for that I attended the launching of Royal Oak Concept Supersonnerie in Singapore and F1. That year if you purchase any piece 70k above they will invite you for a paid for golf trip in Dubai and to get invitation to AP factory min requirement is to purchase a Toub. For all RO steel you need to get Boutique Manager to approve and for 15202 Regional Manager to approve.
khairain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 AM   #37
APhound
"TRF" Member

VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Sir you must be like me and are married with trauma lol. You got a 16202 and I think that’s an amazing offer and pick up. Would love to know what pieces you picked up before that

16202 is the only reference number I know- but I got the green diver then a rg royal oak then a rose gold offshore then a ss code then the 16202.. and I already had a panda royal oak.. wonder what’s next?!

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 AM   #38
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
16202 is the only reference number I know- but I got the green diver then a rg royal oak then a rose gold offshore then a ss code then the 16202.. and I already had a panda royal oak.. wonder what’s next?!

That's a very diverse collection. Looks like a RO QP or maybe even an OW is in order next.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:29 AM   #39
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
That's a very diverse collection. Looks like a RO QP or maybe even an OW is in order next.

Agreed. I think that a QP in any metal or case is an important milestone. Not just for the AP allocation, but a QP is just a different level altogether.

Pfang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:29 AM   #40
APhound
"TRF" Member

Ya it seems like a perp would make sense but my dad and I got perpetual Patek’s this year so I’d really want something else maybe ceramic? Maybe tourb? Some of those high end codes are really attractive to me also.. We’re both collecting new aquanauts next week, dads getting the green 5168 and I’m getting the orange 5968 and have always wanted that one!

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #41
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkers View Post
They are described differently by AP, "friend of the brand", "friend of the family" as examples.
Or, in your case Roger, friend and key advisor of the owners
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #42
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ya it seems like a perp would make sense but my dad and I got perpetual Patek’s this year so I’d really want something else maybe ceramic? Maybe tourb? Some of those high end codes are really attractive to me also.. We’re both collecting new aquanauts next week, dads getting the green 5168 and I’m getting the orange 5968 and have always wanted that one!

Awesome pieces. Nothing compares to a PCC in Patek! I know that PC's have been a key entry point these days for elevated Aquanauts and Nautilus' - so it's not a surprise it's the same for AP.

I think for QP share an interest and wait for 2025 - when we all expect an upgrade of the 5134 movement.

Pfang56 is offline   Reply With Quote