The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 01:55 AM   #1
Vdub1776
"TRF" Member

Service only at AD?

Hey guys my Batman is due for servicing. Does using an authorized AD the ONLY way to go? What are your thoughts? Anyone used another shop besides an AD with great results? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Vdub1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:31 AM   #2
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
I would send it in to Rolex Service Center directly. Call them for instructions. (833) 765-3900
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:40 AM   #3
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Some AD have Rolex trained watchmakers so that might be an option for you.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:56 AM   #4
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
Some AD have Rolex trained watchmakers so that might be an option for you.
If it's like my local AD for the OP, then I'd steer clear personally. I've had one watch serviced by my local AD. The SA (who was the assistant manager at the time) removed the watch's bracelet to get the serial number. I think a half trained child could've done a better job than her. She scratched the back of the lugs and bracelet all up. Then she was about to throw it all into a plastic bag together.
The work the watchmaker did was alright, but I think RSC could've done a bit better job polishing the watch.
The thing about the RSC is that they have it almost like an assembly line approach. The person who does polishing, for example, does that all day every day, whereas the AD probably has one guy/gal doing the entire watch. The assembly line approach allows more expertise.

Most importantly, if something goes wrong with the service, you don't have to worry about souring your relationship with the AD.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:02 AM   #5
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I always ship directly to Rolex via Registered Mail.
Old Today, 03:10 AM   #6
joli160
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Anecdotal but my experience with a Rolex AD was very poor. Since than I use only official Rolex owned RSC’s.
There should be no difference but at least with a RSC you are sure procedures etc. are in place. Their only business is to service Rolex watches.

If your BLNR runs fine you may not need a service at all and save you the hassle for another few years
Old Today, 03:40 AM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdub1776 View Post
Hey guys my Batman is due for servicing. Does using an authorized AD the ONLY way to go? What are your thoughts? Anyone used another shop besides an AD with great results? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Never thought comics like the batman need service,but if you mean your Rolex 116710BLNR then use any authorised RSC.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote