The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old Today, 02:46 AM   #1
kwingy
"TRF" Member

San Martin Pelagos Homage

I might get flamed for posting this but honestly this watch has blown away all expectations considering it cost me around £170.

- Nice Grade2 Titanium gives a lightweight feeling on wrist.
- Absolutely incredible lume on dial and bezel which is so bright and lasts a long time. It's as good as any Rolex I have had.
- Standard NH35 movement which is accurate and not losing any time.
- Really nice glide lock on the fly adjustment which works very well given the price and so comfortable to wear when paired with the Titanium.
- 300m depth rating. I don't know how accurate this actually is but it's held up to swimming so it's good enough for me.
- Sapphire glass, so durable considering I been wearing moonswatches a lot and they are over £100 more then this watch and their hesalite glass scratches like crazy.

What I love most about this watch is the recessed 3D dial which replicates perfectly the design from the original Pelagos but moves it into a smaller more wearable case size. This for me is what let down the Pelagos 39 with it's less attractive sunbeam dial imo.

In short I have to say this has been one of my best buys recently. Yes none of this watch is original at all and I know there are people that will hate on Chinese Homages but this is a proper beaters tool watch that you can literally wear anywhere, do anything and completely smash it about with no fear of real damage or getting robbed for it.

Should Tudor one day make a watch like this with the same dimensions, it's a must buy for me.

kwingy is online now   Reply With Quote