The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 05:11 PM   #1
Tallbark
"TRF" Member

Please advice…

I have a GMT CHRO from 2018. Mint condition. The Watch is running around 7 sec slow. My dealer has offered to replace it for something else, or fix it under waranty. (The Rolex waranty isn’t valid anymore). I love the GMT.

Should I

1. Let him fix the watch. The risk is that they don’t find/fix the real problem, but instead do a Quick fix (problem back in a year or so)

2. Change it for a newer watch, for example a 2024 black/gray GMT or the jubilee 2 tone/similar

3. Take a SUB or something instead (mor relaible movement)…

What would you do?
Tallbark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:30 PM   #2
Hemdog
"TRF" Member

Just get it serviced
Hemdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:43 PM   #3
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemdog View Post
Just get it serviced
This does appear to be the (very) obvious answer if you like your watch!
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:16 PM   #4
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
If you like it then why would you think about anything else other than a service
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:17 PM   #5
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Maybe all it needs is a simple regulation
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:28 PM   #6
harvey
"TRF" Member

…why can’t you just send it to Rolex?
Old Today, 08:09 PM   #7
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I would send it to a RSC.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:18 PM   #8
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallbark View Post
I have a GMT CHRO from 2018. Mint condition. The Watch is running around 7 sec slow. My dealer has offered to replace it for something else, or fix it under waranty. (The Rolex waranty isn’t valid anymore). I love the GMT.

Should I

1. Let him fix the watch. The risk is that they don’t find/fix the real problem, but instead do a Quick fix (problem back in a year or so)

2. Change it for a newer watch, for example a 2024 black/gray GMT or the jubilee 2 tone/similar

3. Take a SUB or something instead (mor relaible movement)…

What would you do?
Contact your local RSC and get the professionals to give the watch a service, you will get back a watch ready to be your wrist buddy for the next decade or so, it will come back looking all nice and sparkly in a very useful pouch and you will have a 2 year warranty.

You don't need to sell your watch it just needs a bit of tlc from Rolex.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:22 PM   #9
Oldwoods
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Hulk
I agree with everyone else saying get it serviced by Rolex.
Enjoying: Daytona, Submariner Hulk, Bluesy, Seadweller, Explorer, White Milgauss, DJ41 fluted and mint green. Oyster Perpetual 41 green dial, Oyster Perpetual 39 grape dial, Oyster Perpetual 41 Celebration dial, Tudor BB Harrods edition, Tudor BB 41 Burgundy (metas edition).
Oldwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:50 PM   #10
CaptT
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Given you "love the GMT" I agree with the suggestion to get it serviced by Rolex themselves, especially if the slow timekeeping is potentially related to fundamental issues with the 32xx movements. They're probably best equipped for this kind of thing.

And the 126711CHNR is a beautiful GMT. Good luck!
CaptT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:57 PM   #11
Phlippe
2024 Pledge Member

You say you love it so get it regulated. That’s a very special watch that haunts me as I passed on one at the peak of the craziness. I wanted a Pepsi but was offered a CHRO GMT so I said no. The dealer said, no one says no to a GMT but you’ve turned down two hard to get watches. I explain I’m a former trader and you have to be able to walk away if it not the right item, price or timing. I’ve done all three to a Rolex AD. A different AD finally did offer me a Pepsi but the CHRO root beer still hunts me as the one I let slip away. Your watch is six years old have it serviced by an authorized Rolex trained watchmaker. The grey ghosts GMT is a beautiful watch in its own way but not a replacement for the CHRO. I’d like to have both those other GMT watches too but would never consider trading a watch I love so much for one. Because the GMT function is so helpful I’m looking to ad more to my collection. I like the Submariner also, I wore one every day for 30 years as my only watch until I got a nice note back from Rolex service saying, “Due to the age of your watch if you abuse it again like you have we won’t be able to fix it due to it’s age and scarcity of parts for your model. You do know we still make watches and you should consider buying a new one with readily available parts.” It took me all of two months to smash the new YM I bought as my new daily. Rolex fixed it and again sent a nice note back, “We’re sorry you broke your new watch, this repair is on us but if it happens again it’s on you.” I’d have a certified Rolex watch maker take a shot at regulating it, if it still doesn’t perform to your expectations have Rolex do a service but skip the polishing as it buffs your memories away. Good Luck!
Phlippe is online now   Reply With Quote