The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 04:31 AM   #1
Goldmansockz
"TRF" Member

Authorized Dealers in Los Angeles for first time buyers?

On the hunt for an OP 36 and Batgirl and have plenty of free time on my hands. So let’s hear what you all have to say about LA ADs. I’ll give my anecdotes below…

Gearys (Century City, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica: Great customer service but never offered anything. Feel like being a new client is hard here given the history.

Polachecks: World class customer service and great sales team. Had a great interaction with a woman there and I’m hopeful they come through. Really want this place to become my go to shop for jewelry / watches but I’m going to with whoever sells me a watch first.

Bhindis: Bad.

Ben Bridge Cerritos: Great interaction with a guy there. Talked Rolex for over an hour and even brought out watches from the back to let me try on. Weirdly enough… never got a form email or text after meeting so I don’t know what to think of that.

Larchmont Jewelers: Great sales team. Offered a few DJs to me but nothing I asked for. Owned by Hing Wa Lee so not sure if the same purchase history antics exist here…

All of the above interactions happened in last 3 months so I know the road ahead of me is long…
Goldmansockz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #2
ZFin
"TRF" Member

Out of all those, the only one I’ve been to is Polacheck’s. Friendly, patient service, but I was given the “you need to build a relationship with us” nonsense. I have to prove I am worthy to spend $10k. Shouldn’t it go the other way? Prove to me I should give you my loyalty and buy multiple pieces from you. Anyway, I gave up on that place. I refuse to give business to any store that plays that game.
ZFin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:41 AM   #3
Goldmansockz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFin View Post
Out of all those, the only one I’ve been to is Polacheck’s. Friendly, patient service, but I was given the “you need to build a relationship with us” nonsense. I have to prove I am worthy to spend $10k. Shouldn’t it go the other way? Prove to me I should give you my loyalty and buy multiple pieces from you. Anyway, I gave up on that place. I refuse to give business to any store that plays that game.
Definitely an annoying game to play and one that I would typically refuse to play. I’m getting engaged soon so I think if Polacheck’s or Ben Bridge come through on something they’ll get my business. Otherwise, gray it is.
Old Today, 10:39 AM   #4
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
First off you have to understand you are not really just subject to AD games. You are having to buy as much if not more than someone who asked for this and hasn't gotten it... along with AD games.

OP36, not green, you will have a good shot. But you have to keep following up.

Batgirl, if you're expecting to get this as one of your first 2 watches, just keep groveling until a rep feels sorry for you. Did you already try special occasion reasons such as...

"I have a wedding coming up, I'm getting married."

Also try "I am having a child, would like to pass it to them."

Also attempt "I am purchasing one for my father's retirement."

Then if you're unwilling to spend enough to eclipse another person on the list earlier, you can also bring wine, cookies, cake, red envelopes... :P
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #5
Goldmansockz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWoodster View Post
First off you have to understand you are not really just subject to AD games. You are having to buy as much if not more than someone who asked for this and hasn't gotten it... along with AD games.

OP36, not green, you will have a good shot. But you have to keep following up.

Batgirl, if you're expecting to get this as one of your first 2 watches, just keep groveling until a rep feels sorry for you. Did you already try special occasion reasons such as...

"I have a wedding coming up, I'm getting married."

Also try "I am having a child, would like to pass it to them."

Also attempt "I am purchasing one for my father's retirement."

Then if you're unwilling to spend enough to eclipse another person on the list earlier, you can also bring wine, cookies, cake, red envelopes... :P
Appreciate the insight.

Dads retirement is a great one.

Agreed the OP is obtainable. I know the Batgirl is a lot easier to get in a smaller market. I’ve been thinking about leaving LA for a while now and the list of reasons keeps growing…