The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 01:18 PM   #1
Pepsidude
"TRF" Member

White gold day date 40

Thinking about adding a day date 40 to the collection. I don’t like the Roman dials not the diamond dials, so it looks like black or slate for me. I missed what looked like a really nice slate example at Nashville Watch for well under 40k. Most of the examples that are nearly new are near retail. I recently bought a two tone datejust for the wife from the AD and was looking to add a Batgirl (or Daytona, HA) to go with my Pepsi for my upcoming birthday.

Do you think going grey would be best or do you think a WG DD may be available at a discount at an AD?
Pepsidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #2
928ktgold
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsidude View Post
Thinking about adding a day date 40 to the collection. I don’t like the Roman dials not the diamond dials, so it looks like black or slate for me. I missed what looked like a really nice slate example at Nashville Watch for well under 40k. Most of the examples that are nearly new are near retail. I recently bought a two tone datejust for the wife from the AD and was looking to add a Batgirl (or Daytona, HA) to go with my Pepsi for my upcoming birthday.

Do you think going grey would be best or do you think a WG DD may be available at a discount at an AD?
No discounts on Rolex anymore. I remember pre Covid DD40s went for $28k. Damn missed that boat
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #3
928ktgold

Watch: what’s next.
White gold day date 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsidude View Post

I want a dd40 white gold too. One day. Don’t rule out the DD40 Romans. I don’t like Romans on any other watches either but on DD40s they glimmer so nice and are totally unique to any other watch on the market
My dad’s DD40 yellow Romans. I want to trade in the DJ41 I never wear for a meteorite dial or Blue Ombré in white gold 40mm
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:18 PM   #4
BriansRolex
"TRF" Member

I know you said no diamond dial but for WG DD40 I'd go with the meteorite dial
BriansRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 PM   #5
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 928ktgold View Post
I want a dd40 white gold too. One day. Don’t rule out the DD40 Romans. I don’t like Romans on any other watches either but on DD40s they glimmer so nice and are totally unique to any other watch on the market
My dad’s DD40 yellow Romans. I want to trade in the DJ41 I never wear for a meteorite dial or Blue Ombré in white gold 40mm
That’s beautiful
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:34 PM   #6
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
I'd look for a discount through a trusted seller.
You can likely get one from an AD but likely at retail plus tax.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:37 PM   #7
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
It never hurts to ask and an AD might do it. More than likely not. Check the Trusted Sellers websites and make a few calls. Not a difficult watch to find or source.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote