The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM   #31
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
+1 for red dwarf
Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #32
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennispennis View Post
A disappointing breakfast item
You are obviously not from Aberdeen.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM   #33
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2 View Post
Start here

Now that is a great LP.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM   #34
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennispennis View Post
Well, times have changed. I used to be able to rock up perhaps wait 10-15 mins if my contact was busy to then have a chat but new faces in there now with my contact, who was the manager, retired.

She handed me over to someone who would look after my registration (who subsequently left) and I was put onto a new person.

Was told the person who's list I am on was upstairs and to come back in 15..came back and they were now with a customer.

What really nailed it was what happened next, woman said contact, who is the new manager, would be at least 30 mins and I said can I book an appt for later today then told they were busy all day with almost an impatient 'just leave' feeling about it. She offered to check my registration list and pass along that I had popped in but I declined and said I would email as I'm aware the manager is solely responsible for allocation decisions (confirmed by my previous manager contact) and left feeling rather awkward.

That is 9 years with this AD and 5 watches purchased but in retrospect I should have made an appointment but feel at this point I have zero connection with them and just back to a guy walking in off the street vibe.
Called in to my old AD whilst visiting family, my SA was there but with a customer so left a message saying that we wanted to pop in and say hello before we headed home so could she give us a call when she had finished with the customer and we would pop back to the store.

Never heard from my SA, I know that she saw us in the store and that she got the message as the SA who greeted us walked over with the message, put it on her desk and pointed us out.

Bought 4 watches at the store and some jewellery, I know that we have moved away and our business has gone elsewhere but a simple hello wouldn't have gone amiss.

Rolex AD's are strange places at times, I'm just thankful that my days of bowing on entering the store, tugging my forelock to show my appreciation when one of the SA's decides to speak to me and expressing my eternal gratitude should I be offered one of their ultra rare watches are long gone.

Or put another way - I cannot be bothered with it anymore, it is only a watch.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #35
dennispennis
"TRF" Member

So got a call today from the manager who was very nice and apologised for not being able to see me and we had a nice chat..he did mention 'we need to get you something' and something about a Starbucks that is currently in the window as a display and he will see when he can shift it so that really cheered me up that i've not lost my connection and maybe something coming at some point :)

dennispennis is offline   Reply With Quote