The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 August 2024, 04:32 AM   #241
MannyMann
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
I would call your SA tomorrow and tell them you slept on it and will take the black dial. Just trade it with a reputable dealer for the white. The white might never come. You got the call its yours, its a no brainer
I agree! I will buy the black and keep it or trade later...A bird in hand.
MannyMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 05:22 AM   #242
PaulMiami
"TRF" Member

That’s what I did, got tired of waiting for the white.
PaulMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 07:05 AM   #243
L8r
2024 Pledge Member

Wow, the responses here are telling. It's clear and simple: OP, you did the right thing. You and others like you are part of the solution. To those suggesting OP should have taken something he didn't want just to flip it, do you not realize you're part of the problem?
L8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 07:12 AM   #244
GRabens
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too Many Rolex!
I'm not sure the original poster is still reading this post, but I will share my story. I always wanted a Daytona, white dial. I finally got offered Daytona, but it was a black dial. I bought it anyway because of the Daytona hype. I ended up trading it for a Bluesy Sub within a year. I don't know if that was because it was not a white dial that I originally wanted or because after owning a Daytona I realized it was more about the chase and hype, than the watch itself. I have never purchased another Daytona since and I currently own a few Submariner models. This Daytona is from circa 2018 +/-. I would not feel bad about passing on something you didn't want. You hopefully gave someone else the opportunity to purchase the black dial Daytona that they really wanted.
GRabens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2024, 08:03 AM   #245
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
No meaningful updates as of now. Tried on the white dial in July for the second time at another AD on exhibition, and that watch is glorious. The black is awesome, too, but it definitely doesn't hit me like the white.
Hopefully in the next few months I'll come back with an "incoming" thread.
Hopefully we do see an incoming thread, I’m waiting for 126 too -
Paul Newman

Being Serious = Onto the list you go
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2024, 11:46 PM   #246
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

hello , we are in October already, any news or updates from your AD regarding the white Panda Daytona, I remember the watch will came anytime soon ...... as I say before you make a great mistake passing the black Daytona IMO
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM   #247
tictic
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8r View Post
To those suggesting OP should have taken something he didn't want just to flip it, do you not realize you're part of the problem?
agree with this...
tictic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM   #248
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajurama View Post
Time is most valuable, if you really like the Panda just buy it grey and enjoy is from Day 1 , you can always resell it once your AD allocation does happen.

This..
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #249
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
No update still. Starting to regret not getting the black, but they're still within a year timeframe.
Hearing more and more about my AD, my hopes are getting lower, but would love to be surprised.
If I don't have the white by March or so, I'm seriously considering asking for the black again since I'm seemingly only worthy of the black.
MRBolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #250
wwjd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No update still. Starting to regret not getting the black, but they're still within a year timeframe.
Hearing more and more about my AD, my hopes are getting lower, but would love to be surprised.
If I don't have the white by March or so, I'm seriously considering asking for the black again since I'm seemingly only worthy of the black.
bro..... really?
wwjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #251
ndane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah man, there's still time!

Just curious--what are you hearing about your AD that's lowering your hopes?
ndane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:38 AM   #252
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd View Post
bro..... really?
Yeah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndane View Post
Ah man, there's still time!

Just curious--what are you hearing about your AD that's lowering your hopes?
Just haven't really hard anything in a bit, so that's making me a little less optimistic. I don't want to pester them, but once I'm getting right up on that 1 year mark, I will start pushing a lot harder.
MRBolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 AM   #253
ndane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah....

Just haven't really hard anything in a bit, so that's making me a little less optimistic. I don't want to pester them, but once I'm getting right up on that 1 year mark, I will start pushing a lot harder.
How often have you been reaching out? I think once a month is more than reasonable, if you haven’t been doing that already.
ndane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:54 AM   #254
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

I don't sell newly purchased watches unless a close family member really wants the watch and then I either gift it (dad) or sell it at my cost...one exception was to my boss

However....

I remember when I originally read this post....I thought to myself given how difficult these references are to obtain that the least I would have done is taken the black dial, given it some wrist time and see if I was happy enough not to need the panda....if I still wanted the panda I think in this case I would have broken protocol and flipped it, especially as a part exchange the difference would not have been that great and tried to live with the fact the flip was purely for another watch although I know that's still frowned upon....

I do hope your AD comes through for you eventually
Rolexnabzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02 AM   #255
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexnabzy View Post
I don't sell newly purchased watches unless a close family member really wants the watch and then I either gift it (dad) or sell it at my cost...one exception was to my boss

However....

I remember when I originally read this post....I thought to myself given how difficult these references are to obtain that the least I would have done is taken the black dial, given it some wrist time and see if I was happy enough not to need the panda....if I still wanted the panda I think in this case I would have broken protocol and flipped it, especially as a part exchange the difference would not have been that great and tried to live with the fact the flip was purely for another watch although I know that's still frowned upon....

I do hope your AD comes through for you eventually

100% i will taken that black 12 series daytona in a heartbeat give some wrist time and trade for a white daytona ….. IMO
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #256
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
There's hope just hang on
Old Today, 02:42 AM   #257
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
Man …

If this were a movie, you’d be sipping champagne with your new white dial Daytona at the AD while the mean TRF bullies who chastised you fall on hard times are forced to sell their collection to the guy who slept with their wife.

I’m still rooting for you OP, but I was really hoping you would have the call by now.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 AM   #258
Callmepeshy
"TRF" Member

Don’t think it’s a mistake at all. You’re waiting for the piece you want, can’t see how you can disagree with that being the correct move

I’m sure they’ll get you the white dial soon… we all know how these things work by now! If you have the relationship, you’ll get one. If you don’t, well then you wouldn’t have got one anyway, no matter how long you wait. And you clearly have enough of a relationship with them
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #259
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Man …

If this were a movie, you’d be sipping champagne with your new white dial Daytona at the AD while the mean TRF bullies who chastised you fall on hard times are forced to sell their collection to the guy who slept with their wife.

I’m still rooting for you OP, but I was really hoping you would have the call by now.
stop smoking my friend ...... Op makes a terrible mistake and like Leonard Cohen sing "everybody knows"
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #260
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Dang, some people really take pleasure in rubbing salt in wounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:03 AM   #261
fly4food84
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Pepsi
Very big mistake.
fly4food84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:45 AM   #262
SBR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I think it was a mistake to pass on that Daytona, that said I hope that I am wrong and you get the call that you are waiting for. Time will tell.
SBR is offline   Reply With Quote