The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 07:16 AM   #31
APhound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona king View Post
Thanks! I’ll have to try that place out. I was wanting to try the Michael Jordan steakhouse, but I’m wondering if it’s actually any good. If I brought 2 watches I think the Daytona would definitely be one of them. But after thinking about it and just bringing one I think I’m leaning towards the GMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skip the Michael Jordan steak house- it’s not what you’d expect!

APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:18 AM   #32
Mystro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

I would go GMT. It does everything from the beach to the swanky dinners. The windy city is easy on a watch.
Old Today, 07:22 AM   #33
eugenetsang
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona king View Post
I would have asked that but I don’t wear undies. lighten up, it’s a watch forum. Those on here typically like watches and respect the opinions of fellow WIS. I know I do. At the end of the day it’s my decision but I do lean into the advice of my fellow Rolex enthusiast.

It's your watch, correct? You're an adult, right? So why do you have to get some random people's opinion as to what you should or should not wear?

If you don't feel "safe", then DON'T bring it. Common sense, no?

Since this is a "watch" forum... I have some rolex printed boxers at home... Should I wear it? TIA!
eugenetsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:37 AM   #34
Coronette
"TRF" Member

Defiantly go to Oak Brook mall and see the new two story CDPeacock Rolex store. It even has a cocktail bar on the second floor. Its a mind blowing AD.
Coronette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #35
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coronette View Post
Defiantly go to Oak Brook mall and see the new two story CDPeacock Rolex store. It even has a cocktail bar on the second floor. Its a mind blowing AD.
Wow, I live three miles from there and go to that mall -- and Rolex ADs -- so infrequently, that I didn't know they had added a second floor!

Old Today, 07:50 AM   #36
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona king;[emoji[emoji638
[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]]]]]]Thanks! I’ll have to try that place out. I was wanting to try the Michael Jordan steakhouse, but I’m wondering if it’s actually any good. If I brought [emoji[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]]] watches I think the Daytona would definitely be one of them. But after thinking about it and just bringing one I think I’m leaning towards the GMT.

For steak go to Bavettes. They do accept walkins so I would try that because getting a reservation can be challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #37
derrondoc
2024 Pledge Member

The Burcherer Rolex on Michigan Avenue has really nice display pieces and have always been friendly to me. If you go ask for Christopher.

Chicago Cut is really nice - typical Chicago steak place with contemporary decor situated right on the river. Bavette’s is fantastic as well. There are tons of great eating from pizza at Gino’s East, tapas at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba or Peking duck at Shanghai Terrace (in the Pennisula). I’d avoid the MJ restaurant.

I vote the GMT (if it matters). Have a great trip. Weather this time of year should be fantastic.
derrondoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:26 AM   #38
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
I go there multiple times (including this weekend) and wear my Pateks, APs and VC. I'm generally around Michigan Avenue and the Loop. I even take the L and have never had any problems. These days, I typically wear long sleeves so watches are more hidden. Now I do know that a Rolex because of the Oyster case is more recognizable than my watches, but you should be fine with any of your watches. Enjoy!
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:20 AM   #39
Daytona king
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post
Skip the Michael Jordan steak house- it’s not what you’d expect!

That’s what I was thinking. I love Jordan. He is the goat of basketball not steaks.

Daytona king is online now   Reply With Quote