The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM   #1
Alexandria_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Need advice on 6007g purchase

Hi everyone,

I need your collective advice on whether or not to purchase the 6007G. I expressed interest to my AD on both the 5212A and 6007G and it seems that they’re leaning toward allocating me the latter.

Despite the controversy over the dial not being done by hand, I still like the look of the watch, especially the red version. My problem is that I know that the same watch is being sold on Chrono24 for $5000 less than the MSRP. It just doesn’t seem like a very good value so I am hesitant to make the purchase.

Could you please give me your opinion on the watch, whether to buy it new from the AD, and any other related information you might have?

Thanks in advance,

Casey
Alexandria_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM   #2
dchang81
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Not sure if I'd call it "allocating" a watch when it's readily available from many ADs. Love mine. I mean for a 5k premium id rather get from an AD but honestly seen used ones for a lot bigger discount than that
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #3
Alexandria_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Not sure if I'd call it "allocating" a watch when it's readily available from many ADs. Love mine. I mean for a 5k premium id rather get from an AD but honestly seen used ones for a lot bigger discount than that
Thanks, I really appreciate the information. I didn’t realize that this reference was so readily available. I guess that explains the price difference between MSRP and the secondary market.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM   #4
rich-96db
"TRF" Member

The one advantage of buying from the AD is that it can give you better access to other PP models. Immediately after buying my 6007G, the AD regularly texts me their incoming PP allocation to see if I'm interested in purchasing any of them.
rich-96db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #5
Alexandria_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich-96db View Post
The one advantage of buying from the AD is that it can give you better access to other PP models. Immediately after buying my 6007G, the AD regularly texts me their incoming PP allocation to see if I'm interested in purchasing any of them.
That is a very good point I plan on buying more Patek watches in the future so maybe paying the premium isn’t so bad in the long term…

Thanks!
Old Today, 03:58 AM   #6
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria_Rolex View Post
That is a very good point I plan on buying more Patek watches in the future so maybe paying the premium isn’t so bad in the long term…

Thanks!
Absolutely correct. -Just make sure your AD is going to be around for the next few years. It's also special when you fill out the certificate of origin with your own name.

Don't worry about the dial being what it is. For the Aquanaut, people have complained for years about how the bezel is part of the watch case, whereas on the Nautilus it is not.
321Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:14 AM   #7
APhound
"TRF" Member

Need advice on 6007g purchase

If you think your dealer is a good one and you want to support them and buy hard to get watches down the road then I think you can justify the watch from them, otherwise I’d probably just buy it at the best price possible and put the savings toward your next watch or whatever else.
I have the yellow one and absolutely love it, one of my favorite watches, get a ton of wrist time. I think it’s a very cool watch. Haven’t seen the red but I bet it’s awesome. I hope you go for it either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 AM   #8
Alexandria_Rolex
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=321Forever;13417697]Absolutely correct. -Just make sure your AD is going to be around for the next few years. It's also special when you fill out the certificate of origin with your own name.

Great point - I would like to be the one who fills that out…sure it’s a small thing but I’d enjoy it :-)
Old Today, 06:09 AM   #9
Alexandria_Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post
If you think your dealer is a good one and you want to support them and buy hard to get watches down the road then I think you can justify the watch from them, otherwise I’d probably just buy it at the best price possible and put the savings toward your next watch or whatever else.
I have the yellow one and absolutely love it, one of my favorite watches, get a ton of wrist time. I think it’s a very cool watch. Haven’t seen the red but I bet it’s awesome. I hope you go for it either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great info and great wrist shot - thanks!
Old Today, 06:42 AM   #10
pessoa00
"TRF" Member

I agree with what already been said regarding going AD or grey, so will just add that IMO the “controversy” surrounding the embossed dial is just internet misinformation mostly from people with very little knowledge of Patek.

As far as I’m aware the cheapest hand-guilloched dial in Patek line-up is the 5930p at 2.7x the price of the 6007g. Never saw anyone complaining about the embossment of the aquanauts, the nautiluses, the 5935a and many other pieces much more expensive than the 6007g.

I think this “controversy” is comparable with people complaining on Instagram about “how is it possible a million dollars Patek grand complication being delivered on a sealed plastic bag”…

I do agree the watch is expensive, but I think it is perfectly aligned with the rest of the line-up which has risen prices to almost absurd levels over recent years (problem shared with most other brands). Today, except for aquanauts, nautiluses and some exotic pieces, most Pateks are significantly discounted on the secondary market.

Btw, the 6007g yellow is one of the 3 Pateks I currently own and I absolutely love it (the others being 5326g and 5968a). I’ve had many other Pateks in the past, all bought new from my AD.
pessoa00 is offline   Reply With Quote