The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old Today, 02:04 AM   #91
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoricSpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 AM   #92
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

You can see the blue popping in the above photo. Lovely watch. Other lights it obviously looks like a black dial.

DoricSpiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:08 AM   #93
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

There you have it next to EW 321

https://youtu.be/_SjFtt002qg?si=MkE--VmtQcLwLptD
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 AM   #94
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Super cool that this was just released and people are ALREADY getting them.

usmc_k9_vet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:07 AM   #95
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Low Wr And a solid caseback is a little weird.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:25 AM   #96
djtheot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
I have the 321 and this is stupidly similar but I can't say no, I think they did a fantastic job with it. Trying to find time to go into the O.B as they say they have one for me.
Same boat, I have the 321 but I want it. I actually got allocated one on the day of release but I got covid and could not get down and see it. I passed but will get next allocation and make a decision once I see it side by side with the Ed White. I fear that I will end up getting it too.
djtheot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 AM   #97
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheot View Post
Same boat, I have the 321 but I want it. I actually got allocated one on the day of release but I got covid and could not get down and see it. I passed but will get next allocation and make a decision once I see it side by side with the Ed White. I fear that I will end up getting it too.

I got the 321…2 weeks ago and yesterday I got the call for the snoopy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nachopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:06 AM   #98
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post

More pics pls

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:06 AM   #99
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
Look forward to your initial impressions.
Thank you sir - you won’t be disappointed. I’ve previously owned the Ed white for 2.5 years and loved it, but due to changes in family life etc needed to rationalise the collection so it went as the most expensive piece.

What they are offering here for half the price is pretty great. It’s not a 321 - that has a historical significance that this watch would never have, But to all intents and purposes it’s very similar - same case, same bracelet, same finish. Slight dial, hand, bezel differences and of course the movement.

The domed crystal is superb, the dial is very slightly sunburst but I like it due to the fact it’s more glossy than Matt. The alpha hands are great, but as anyone who has owned an Alfa or broad arrow piece will know the legibility in low light is not as great as the white batons - doesn’t bother me, a flick of the wrist sorts that out.

Lastly, the lume. I honestly get the fautina comments, but actually it works here. Yes, it’s quite dark and in a perfect world I’d like it in the same shade as the E/W but it works really well with the dial and is no issue to me. I’ve yet to see it in daylight as when I bought it, it was beginning to get dark, so am looking forward to that.

At the price of £7,400 I think this is pretty reasonable value all told. I know that it’s a lot of money and I’m not disputing that, but it’s a lot of watch too and I think will be a real good seller for Omega. When you compare what other brands are offering at the same price, it really does make a case for itself.

All in all, I love it and for anyone who has less emotional attachment with the 321 movement, you can get a very similar watch at a more palatable price point. Nothing not to like here.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 AM   #100
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

And sorry, I’ll get some photos tomorrow and post up!
Old Today, 06:39 AM   #101
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Thank you sir - you won’t be disappointed. I’ve previously owned the Ed white for 2.5 years and loved it, but due to changes in family life etc needed to rationalise the collection so it went as the most expensive piece.

What they are offering here for half the price is pretty great. It’s not a 321 - that has a historical significance that this watch would never have, But to all intents and purposes it’s very similar - same case, same bracelet, same finish. Slight dial, hand, bezel differences and of course the movement.

The domed crystal is superb, the dial is very slightly sunburst but I like it due to the fact it’s more glossy than Matt. The alpha hands are great, but as anyone who has owned an Alfa or broad arrow piece will know the legibility in low light is not as great as the white batons - doesn’t bother me, a flick of the wrist sorts that out.

Lastly, the lume. I honestly get the fautina comments, but actually it works here. Yes, it’s quite dark and in a perfect world I’d like it in the same shade as the E/W but it works really well with the dial and is no issue to me. I’ve yet to see it in daylight as when I bought it, it was beginning to get dark, so am looking forward to that.

At the price of £7,400 I think this is pretty reasonable value all told. I know that it’s a lot of money and I’m not disputing that, but it’s a lot of watch too and I think will be a real good seller for Omega. When you compare what other brands are offering at the same price, it really does make a case for itself.

All in all, I love it and for anyone who has less emotional attachment with the 321 movement, you can get a very similar watch at a more palatable price point. Nothing not to like here.
Awesome review, enjoy it buddy! Looking forward to seeing one in person. Where did you go to see it? Did they have any for display purposes?
shammad10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:43 AM   #102
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammad10 View Post
Awesome review, enjoy it buddy! Looking forward to seeing one in person. Where did you go to see it? Did they have any for display purposes?
Thanks mate - I picked it up from the regent street boutique today. They didn’t have any on display - by all accounts they had 3 in and all 3 gone. That said, they said they were expecting a few next week also. But expect in the short term they’ll be in and straight out.
Old Today, 06:51 AM   #103
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks mate - I picked it up from the regent street boutique today. They didn’t have any on display - by all accounts they had 3 in and all 3 gone. That said, they said they were expecting a few next week also. But expect in the short term they’ll be in and straight out.
Great, sounds hopeful that they'll have a few over the next few weeks then!
shammad10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #104
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammad10 View Post
Great, sounds hopeful that they'll have a few over the next few weeks then!
Yep, for sure. Best thing to do is email a boutique if you have one close. They are generally pretty good at accommodating everyone mate.
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #105
L_S_SHOE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Tried it on today. Beautiful dial. Awfully tempting but the faux patina on the lume was disappointing. White or off white woulda been fine. But it’s nearly brown.

I’ll have to make a decision soon.

L_S_SHOE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #106
petay993
"TRF" Member

Watch: FXD MN21, BLRO
Quote:

Yep, agree with all of that, I like aged lume in certain applications and this is one of them when set against that inky black dial.

The Hesalite style softly domed crystal is the icing on the cake!!

As my local OB up north is not a corporate boutique I will have to show a little patience.

Look forward to your daylight shots when you get chance.
petay993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:27 AM   #107
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Jelauos that you guys have been able to see the new FOIS; Was all around town today and none in sight Keep the pictures coming
2001jesper is online now   Reply With Quote