The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #61
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr1416 View Post
agree....it's funny the people that are down playing the importance of the white tag don't have it in their set.

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
I don’t know, I think it goes both ways - you could just as easy say that it’s funny that the people saying that it is not a full set without it, is the ones that has the white tag.

But a general question (not aimed at you specifically nr1416): Let’s take the Daytona as an example - if you buy a white Daytona that was original black, but Rolex have agreed to switch the dial. There are no question that it is exactly the same dial, just another color (so no mk1, mk2 etc. aspects), and it was all done by Rolex. What would the problem be in that regard? How would you feel “cheated”? Or is the fear that a private owner has switched the dial and that you are buying a non-Rolex dial?
Deppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #62
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=padi56;13418172]Have to agree its funny today these bits of plastic seems for some to be more important than the watch bits of plastic are far easier to fake than the watch.The white tags was used by Rolex as a factory internal reference and at ADs and of no real importance, except for the sellers hoping to extract more money from buyers willing to pay extra for them.

It seems to be working.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #63
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
I usually ask for a copy of the flight log from Switzerland. You have to be able to fill trace every step from the factory or it’s not a complete set
Ahh, but does it still have the genuine Swiss air in it it left the factory with?
ratty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #64
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deppe View Post
I don’t know, I think it goes both ways - you could just as easy say that it’s funny that the people saying that it is not a full set without it, is the ones that has the white tag.

But a general question (not aimed at you specifically nr1416): Let’s take the Daytona as an example - if you buy a white Daytona that was original black, but Rolex have agreed to switch the dial. There are no question that it is exactly the same dial, just another color (so no mk1, mk2 etc. aspects), and it was all done by Rolex. What would the problem be in that regard? How would you feel “cheated”? Or is the fear that a private owner has switched the dial and that you are buying a non-Rolex dial?
This is a very legitimate question. Aside from some super rare model or variation, I’m not sure what purpose that tag serves. If all the parts are Rolex and the work was done by Rolex, what’s the difference if it was done at the beginning of the watches life, or later? The only concern should be that it is genuine which can always be verified with a quick trip to RSC. You get a fresh service, fresh warranty, new card, and all is good!
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #65
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
You really want to argue these points and try to force your opinion on topics that you disagree. It’s multiple posts now with you trying to criticize or judge others. Just because something is silly to *you* doesn’t mean it’s “lunacy” as you state. But then you’ll say ‘if it makes you happy’. Yes, exactly, let others do as they please.

I saw you mention you’re 60+ on another post, that means there could be a multi-generational gap between you and another owner. Times change and people are different, just the way it is.
So you or anyone else expresses an opinion, which you too have now expressed multiple times and that’s ok.
I express an opinion and I’m “forcing” on other people. I can’t help but note how many others made comments such as “funny” feeling the same way yet you seem focused on my responses and not theirs. Show me where exactly in what you are quoting is “forcing”. I’ll wait.
Again, get over yourself.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #66
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
So you or anyone else expresses an opinion, which you too have now expressed multiple times and that’s ok.
I express an opinion and I’m “forcing” on other people. I can’t help but note how many others made comments such as “funny” feeling the same way yet you seem focused on my responses and not theirs. Show me where exactly in what you are quoting is “forcing”. I’ll wait.
Again, get over yourself.
Because we’re just simply stating it means something, and can help deter custom dial setups sold as genuine. And it factually, increases the value, period. That’s not a subjective statement, it’s objectively true.

You’re trying to force your opinion that it’s crazy, on random strangers, but I’m the one who needs to ‘get over myself’. Haha, please continue with that logic.

I’m not going to keep back and forthing with you though, like I said, chill out, there’s tons of differing opinion on what’s important, or what people like.or wait, do I need to get over myself for telling you to be more understanding to other’s likes and tastes?
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #67
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Because we’re just simply stating it means something, and can help deter custom dial setups sold as genuine. And it factually, increases the value, period. That’s not a subjective statement, it’s objectively true.

You’re trying to force your opinion that it’s crazy, on random strangers, but I’m the one who needs to ‘get over myself’. Haha, please continue with that logic.

I’m not going to keep back and forthing with you though, like I said, chill out, there’s tons of differing opinion on what’s important, or what people like.or wait, do I need to get over myself for telling you to be more understanding to other’s likes and tastes?
You must have some sort of affinity towards me as you love to quote me only, when so many have expressed a similar opinion.
You keep using “forcing” and I’m puzzled as to exactly where you saw that.
You seem to be missing how you are “forcing” your opinion on me. I guess you are special.
But regardless, don’t respond. I care not for anything else you have to say and will ensure I don’t see it using the forum feature for that. I would recommend you do the same but you’ll interpret that as forcing.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #68
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
Just out of intellectual curiosity … how much does having the white tag increase the sales price?

(My guess in advance is $50).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Lococco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM   #69
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post
Just out of intellectual curiosity … how much does having the white tag increase the sales price?

(My guess in advance is $50).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s more than that for a Tiffany OP, hundreds. I can’t speak to others and it’s the only model I’ve ever *really* cared about having one on.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #70
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
It’s more than that for a Tiffany OP, hundreds. I can’t speak to others and it’s the only model I’ve ever *really* cared about having one on.
See, now this is a rare exception that I would understand the importance. For basic, mass produced models, it matters not..IMO.