The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old Today, 06:15 AM   #1
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lover
Offered a watch today

I went by my local AD yesterday. I wanted to discuss timeline and purchase possibilities for a 5212 in particular. They did not have one to try. I was able to try on a 5712 and 6119g—neither for sale—as well as a 5905, which was available to purchase.

The 5905 absolutely stunned in person. The design elements, the dial color and depth, all of it. I was also amazed that it wears smaller and more ergonomic than its dimensions would dictate.

I now have to decide, but am still leaning toward a 6119 or 5212 because I can’t comfortably wear heavier watches, due to neuropathy in my hands. I envy those of you who can comfortably wear a platinum Daytona.

I had and sold two steel Offshores for this reason, and the 5905 was just a little heavy for my comfort. Perhaps if I switch it over to a strap, but I actually liked the finish and utilitarian look of the bracelet.

I see quite a few 5905s for sale in the marketplace. I have not seen a single image that comes half as close to what it’s like on the wrist. My wife and I both were quite impressed.

Your thoughts if you have seen it? Have you also been offered this piece? Seems like it takes an edge buyer, kind of like the 5070.
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #2
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP/VC
I've never been able to try a 5905/1A on, and am not sure if it can be converted to a strap with all OEM parts (yes they make straps for the PM versions but I don't know if there is a steel deployant or buckle that fits if that's what you're trying to do). Your neuropathy may be better if you wear your watches a little more loosely (assuming a carpel tunnel type problem).
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #3
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Well well, look who it is! ;)

I personally think the 5905 is the prettiest of the bunch, but agreed it’s a bit thicker. I’d probably be in the 5905 > 5212 > 6119 camp
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:58 AM   #4
misochew
"TRF" Member

Watch: n+1
Unless you have really deep pockets to buy multiple watches like these, don’t settle for something that might be too heavy for you. Hold out for the watch that rocks your boat.

I happen to have the 5212A, and it’s the watch that “does it for me”. Also BTW, it is light and extremely comfortable to wear.
misochew is online now   Reply With Quote