The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,051 69.79%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.12%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 393 26.10%
Voters: 1506. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #5341
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascadez71 View Post
After +58 hour measurements where watch failed to read on 3U and 9U, I immediately fully wound watch and started wearing. Put on timeographer 10 minutes later in DU and readings were very wild -300 to -900 s/d, amplitude all over the place.
Very surprising, I have never heard of such behaviour.
Quote:
Watch was wound fully after 58 hr test but was demonstrating extremely low amplitude and rate even in DU position. Worn during day today was losing 15-20 s/hour. Clearly letting it run down to near 60 hours magnified the issue.
Why should a movement deteriorate drastically after running to about 83% (58/70) of its power reserve?
saxo3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:16 AM   #5342
GradeV
"TRF" Member

Quote:
After +58 hour measurements where watch failed to read on 3U and 9U, I immediately fully wound watch and started wearing. Put on timeographer 10 minutes later in DU and readings were very wild -300 to -900 s/d, amplitude all over the place. I wondered if maybe timeographer needed a power reset or watch needed to settle. I then went about my day.

2 hours later watch is losing 20+ seconds per HOUR on my wrist, perhaps a day or two of wear will normalize. Amazing it ran as long as it did - my experiment was only the second time the watch had sat unworn since March of 2021. I'm a 24/7 wearer.

Will post clean charts in a day or two. I hope these updates are useful for someone reading this down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post

Why should a movement deteriorate drastically after running to about 83% (58/70) of its power reserve?
Maybe a gentle interrogation of the RSC when this Submariner is being picked from service will prove helpful.
GradeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:11 AM   #5343
hellobandit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissSteph View Post
Screenshot of the setup used on the Weshi can be seen on my #5286
Yes,

I have already applied the same settings as yours on my first tests, thanks. And now, it gives a precision of the drift to the tenth. I think it is sure to increase the value of the period.
hellobandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #5344
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradeV View Post
Maybe a gentle interrogation of the RSC when this Submariner is being picked from service will prove helpful.
Gentle (Or tough) interrogation is unlikely to work.

Rolex don't like to give out too much information.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #5345
cascadez71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post

It is extraordinarily strange! I assume something substantial may be broken or damaged? The watch has only left my wrist >60 minutes twice in its history. Once for a previous warranty issue (small speck of dirt on date wheel) and second for this test. I guess actually a third time since I stopped wearing it after yesterday's work ended.

For science's sake, I just tossed it on the 1900 and let it sit for 10 minutes. It is about +24 hours from when I put it down yesterday in drawer. Current DU reading is better but still far off my +24 test reading. -21 to -28 s/d, Amp 162, BE 4.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradeV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Gentle (Or tough) interrogation is unlikely to work.

Rolex don't like to give out too much information.
I will try :)
cascadez71 is online now   Reply With Quote