The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM   #1
cloud_flare12345
"TRF" Member

Maine won’t have an AD starting Jan 1, 2025

Just got a text from the AD. Springer’s is “consolidating” their Rolex operations out of Maine into Portsmouth NH only.
cloud_flare12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM   #2
Barada7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Stinks! I really enjoyed the Portland store. Super friendly people.
Barada7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM   #3
sampelligrino
"TRF" Member

Sad to me that soon there will no longer be mom and pop ADs in the country, a thing of the past...

They will all be posh official Rolex lounges similar in feel and vibe of immense sterile wealth and the fact that you'll need to beg a random SA for the chance to try on an exhibition piece
sampelligrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #4
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Sad to see the smaller ADs go.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM   #5
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
Sad to me that soon there will no longer be mom and pop ADs in the country, a thing of the past...

They will all be posh official Rolex lounges similar in feel and vibe of immense sterile wealth and the fact that you'll need to beg a random SA for the chance to try on an exhibition piece
Seriously. Stumbling on Mom and Pop store while travelling or just day tripping was part of the fun of Rolex shopping..... The more glass and pine cabinets, the better. Bonus if they had piles of china to one side of the store. Major points if the owner himself was working the counter....

You got the feeling these kind of places had been selling Rolex since the company was founded. Now the atmosphere is homogenous and the vibe is like that of a confession booth..
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:38 AM   #6
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
Agreed, bummer. Portsmouth is closer to me but I always ended up in Portland a few times a year. Hopefully the sales folks will find a soft landing.

Are they closing or just pulling out Rolex?
Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM   #7
sailingskyward
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Agreed, bummer. Portsmouth is closer to me but I always ended up in Portland a few times a year. Hopefully the sales folks will find a soft landing.

Are they closing or just pulling out Rolex?

They aren’t closing, just no longer carrying Rolex at this location. Word around town is they will be introducing another fine watch brand in the new year.
sailingskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:22 AM   #8
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaSubowner View Post
Seriously. Stumbling on Mom and Pop store while travelling or just day tripping was part of the fun of Rolex shopping..... The more glass and pine cabinets, the better. Bonus if they had piles of china to one side of the store. Major points if the owner himself was working the counter....

You got the feeling these kind of places had been selling Rolex since the company was founded. Now the atmosphere is homogenous and the vibe is like that of a confession booth..
My parents retired to a town of 6000 in the 80’s, the local jeweler was a Rolex dealer. Almost every small town in Texas had similar.
By 2010 or so most were gone but there was still a dozen or so in towns with 25K populations then one by one they started disappearing. I know of only one left outside the major cities and it probably survives because a major college is there. I still like browsing watch shops some when I travel but yes the Rolex ones have become pretty generic.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:24 AM   #9
HogwldFLTR
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Too many to list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_flare12345 View Post
Just got a text from the AD. Springer’s is “consolidating” their Rolex operations out of Maine into Portsmouth NH only.
Well the Portsmouth store is a boutique and they've treated me well. Also, there's no sales tax in NH so that's an advantage. I wouldn't be surprised to have Long's do something similar.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #10
cloud_flare12345
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingskyward View Post
They aren’t closing, just no longer carrying Rolex at this location. Word around town is they will be introducing another fine watch brand in the new year.
They’re adding grand seiko and nomos
cloud_flare12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:35 AM   #11
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Actually that location kinda stinks. Its several blocks away from the tourist stuff in a a nondescript financial building setting. Keeps out the casual shopper but also you really have to know to go dig for it.
Old Today, 03:36 AM   #12
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud_flare12345 View Post
They’re adding grand seiko and nomos
Kinda lame.... Longs and Royal already have those.

Now that Patek, AP and ALS have Boston boutiques not much left.