The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old Today, 05:54 AM   #1
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Do not buy from joma shop! Unfair return policy!

I recently purchased a brand new Baltic Tricompax chronograph for $1800.00. It was a mechanical wind up movement. Unfortunately, it arrived with a broken mainspring. I returned it the very next day for a refund. They refunded me the price minus a $300.00 restocking fee! She tried to justify the fee by saying I had removed links, then replaced them, and they could see minor tool marks in the screw heads, which could be true, but that shouldn’t cost $300.00 to sort out. They said it was their policy. I said, but the watch arrived defective. Unfortunately, I sized it before trying to set the time. Nothing I said mattered. The disappointing part, besides the unfair charge, was that I really liked the watch, so will probably reorder it, from Baltic directly. I have been a loyal Joma Shop customer for years. Ironically, when you are waiting on hold, they play a recording about their wonderful unparalleled customer service. They also mentioned that they repaired the watch by demagnetizing it. I explained to the supervisor that demagnefication would not fix a broken main spring, but she did not understand what I was talking about. I tried to say the next buyer would also receive a defective watch, but she insisted that it was running, which we know is possible with a broken main spring. So, not only do they have poor customer service, they also have a subpar service department. I think they are under the mistaken impression that the movement is an automatic, rather than a hand wind movement. I tried to explain the difference to her, but she said her repairmen were experts. I think not. So, I wanted to warn everyone here about their unfair return policy, and subpar service department. Thanks for listening.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

First, i'd like to say you are soooooooo much better than Joma.

Next time check trf

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #3
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Jomashop has always been a garbage fire.
kunlun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:29 AM   #4
RW16610

Watch: 116710LN
Sorry to hear this, Kat. I would never purchase from them, and after what they've done here I'm certain you'll never do so again. Hopefully you're somehow able to get a discount on the direct from manufacturer purchase to make up for this.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #5
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Good information to know. I haven't bought from them personally, but there are a lot of negative stories about them and their policies online. It's posts like these that remind me to resist. Sorry this happened to you.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:51 AM   #6
Easy E

First, JS is a dumpster fire, so you are not wrong there. If you have bought from them before you just rolled out the odds of this inevitable conclusion. However, if you took links out that does change the circumstances a touch. I purchased a watch for my wife a couple of years ago from a well known multi brand jeweler in Atlanta. They told me I had 30 days to return for full refund if she was unhappy with it (it was a gift), but they were super clear, said it twice, the moment I put a screwdriver to the bracelet I own it.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:23 AM   #7
Autococker07
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710
Gosh, thanks for the heads up Kat, and really sorry to hear you had to go through that..... can your CC company help?
Autococker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:35 AM   #8
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I think the policy is pretty clear. You need to try to watch and see if it's keeping time or no issues before sizing. If there are marks done by a customer and it becomes used, they can't sell it as new again to next customer. I have bought multiple watches, kept them for 2-3 weeks and returned them on good conditions and never got charged. If it's bracelet, I don't usually size unless I'm keeping it and if it's rubber strap, it doesn't matter. Anyways, I don't think we can fault the business for trying to follow some policies. Not everyone is as good as our OP. Others will misuse it even though you didn't.

Sent from my SM-F956U1 using Tapatalk
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote