The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #1
Jxp62
"TRF" Member

Purchasing my first Rolex

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing my first Rolex, actually, my first watch that costs more than 600$, ive got a few Movado’s, Tissots, a Mido and a bunch of Seikos but want to make a step up…
I am looking to purchase an Oyster perpetual and want the red grape or purple face.
In the past i have purchased from Jomashop - decent prices but im not sure about their service, any after sale questions were answered but not particularly helpful.

So i know the watch i want and see the prices on line, it seems the prices vary greatly, and are close to 500-700$ depending on if it comes with the original box and paperwork.
I see a watch i like on chrono24, from a jeweler in NY diamond crush. So far they are fairly firm on the listing price, discounting a few bucks. Since i know NOTHING about these watches, i am wondering if this is a safe place to purchase or if i am better off looking locally (Maine) i think only springers in portland is an AD
The watch im looking at via chrono 24 , the jeweler does not offer any sort of warranty, is this common? Spending around 8k for a used 2018 watch makes me a bit nervous about the lack of a warranty.

Are there any suggested vendors where i could shop on line? With some sort of a warranty? Or is a used Rolex with no warranty not a big deal?

And if i do purchased from chrono24 is my 1st step upon reciept to bring it somewhere to hsve it authenticated?

Sorry for the vagueness in my questions…

Is chrono24 a reasonable place to shop? I guess its a glorified Ebay with vendors listing on their site, is it fairly safe for a novice?
Would it be cheaper elsewhere? Would i be better off traveling to an authorized dealer somewhere to see them in person? I know the watch i want so its just a matter of where, costs and whether i am ok buying without a warranty or if a place with a warranty is preferred ?
Thanks all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3850.jpeg (200.3 KB, 0 views)
Jxp62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:19 AM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Welcome to TRF. Good questions and all have been answered multiple times before in posts. Use the search function and read until you feel satisfied. The simple answer is use the Trusted Sellers here. They are also listed and repeated several times. DavidSW is my go to but there are several others that I have bought and traded with over the years. The Trusted Sellers have there own websites and you can go and check out the watches. Get on the phone, call, discuss and when satisfied you can make an offer, they will typically reduce the price 2-5% if asked. Pay and have the watch by lunch the next day. I do not do business off Chrono24, Bob's Watches or many of the other sites that are not our Trusted Seller. I use them for research but my money goes to our Trusted Sellers as I have never been let down by them. Good luck and come back here if you have questions as we have some very knowledgeable members who are very willing to help.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote