The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 05:38 AM   #31
creepy neville
"TRF" Member

Watch: 136660 Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
Well, I am the opposite of the above two posts. I have had a black dial for several years and it is my most worn of all of my Rolex. I love it. I had a blue dial and did not keep it long, just didn’t do it for me as an everyday piece.
Additionally, I prefer the Sea Dweller reference on the dial, as that is what it was created to be. The beefiest of the Sea Dweller range.
I like that it’s a less loved piece. Easy to obtain, fun watch!
Truer words haven never been spoken !

My first Rolex was a SeaDweller because it was the one universally recognized watch I could use when I was in a chamber - which I was a couple times a week.

The Deepsea was a natural progression for me ….
(the bigger dial is golden in less-than-perfect enviroments)

I will be the first one to admit that there is no prettier Rolex in a showroom case that the two-tone Deepsea (well, maybe the bluesy) - but put it on your wrist with that color gradient and all the fonts and it becomes unreadable - particularly under water.

In my mind, the Rolex black dial on the stainless is the classic tool watch.

Oh, and the reference to ‘SeaDweller’ on it’s dial is just a cool nod to it’s ancestry.

My 2 cents …
Old Today, 06:23 AM   #32
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesKita-2023 View Post
Thanks, drd - Not really doubt but it’s on of 3 others on my list and my only concern is should I hold off and wait/try for the GMT or Daytona or should that be seen as a more longer term play?

Thanks again.

If you’ve bonded with the Sub then I reckon there’s a fair chance you won’t be reaching much for the DeepSea. The two wear very differently.
If possible try and get it sized and wear it around the AD for a short while - If they won’t take out links then close the clasp over some tissue paper or something, just make sure you get a feel for the balance of it worn on your wrist.

Let us know how you get on.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote