The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM   #1
Copasetic
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Interesting responses to a WTB listing

I’ve been considering acquiring a Hermes H08. There haven’t been many for sale, so yesterday I posted a WTB for one on TRF. I’ve had three responses. One a couple hours after I posted, one very late last evening and one this morning. All from the US.

The first one, from California, had a description and three pictures. At least two of the photos were stock, and the third likely was as well. No price, but I inquired, and I was promptly sent a price. That person has zero posts and joined TRF in September, 2024.

The second one, from Delaware, said he has the watch for sale and asked me to let him know if I was interested. No pictures, no description (there are multiple models/straps, etc) and no price. Zero posts. TRF join date October, 2024.

The third responder joined TRF in August, 2024, is also from California and has one post. The picture showed the Hermes shopping bag and ribbon, the watch in a Hermes box and the papers which were visible but not in a way that you could see the content. No price.

I have no intention of buying any watch, no matter the price, from anyone without a history of multiple posts and well known references, and after sending one response with questions to the first person, I have not responded and don’t plan to.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that three responders with no TRF history responded so quickly. Those of you with more experience, do you think this happens regulary?
Copasetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM   #2
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Sadly, bad people are plentiful.

This is why "buy the seller" is so often used around here.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM   #3
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Have you received feedback from the TRF moderators?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #4
StanCho
"TRF" Member

Just check the provided photos with google photo search and everything will be clear - 99.99% chance none of the has the watch even if they had the picture.

I had similar experience(s) elsewhere, one guy even went so far that was 'about to send me the package already done for shipment pending my payment' and send me the photo of standing in queue for shipping from a DHL office together with a box (google confirmed some DHL office in US, he was supposed to send from EU). Ha ha, that was very funny.
StanCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #5
Copasetic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
Have you received feedback from the TRF moderators?
I have not.
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #6
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
I listed a watch for sale a few years back and got all sorts of offers from 0 post users and for all I know they were all legit but as someone who rarely sells I have no clue how to protect myself from a scam - I guess require bank wire? I definitely understand your concern and I think you should be able to find your Hermes from a reputable source no problem with a little patience.
Breguet 5547BB Marine Alarm, 7067 Tradition, 7037 Tradition, 5817 Marine Black, Blue, Silver Patek Philippe 5134P, 5205G-013 Omega NTTD Seamaster Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #7
watchnwine
"TRF" Member

WTB posts always bring out the sharks. Swim very carefully.
watchnwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #8
Copasetic
2024 Pledge Member

[QUOTE= I definitely understand your concern and I think you should be able to find your Hermes from a reputable source no problem with a little patience.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I’m not in a rush. I was just curious about whether this happens often.