The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM   #1
BlueRoman
"TRF" Member

Batgirl markup diminishing

My friend just bought a pre owned batgirl for $23k AUD with box and papers from a dealer.
I was in the AD today and I didn’t realise but with the price rises these are now $18k AUD.
For an extra $5k now it’s worth just buying pre owned and not stuffing around with a wait list.
And after properly handling and wearing his batgirl it really is incredibly refined and comfortable. Even at $18k I think these are undervalued.

Also of the two ADs in my city one had a 1908 and the other had a day date available for immediate purchase.
BlueRoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #2
Kiri
"TRF" Member

Buy the watch at the price you find it worth it. If 5 k is the price to buy without looking back, do it and never look at Batman prices again and enjoy the beautiful watch.
Kiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #3
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
The prices are going down, meaning they are becoming more available at ADs, even more the reason not to feed the beast and go AD.
Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM   #4
EverCloserUnion
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DateJust 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRoman View Post
My friend just bought a pre owned batgirl for $23k AUD with box and papers from a dealer.
I was in the AD today and I didn’t realise but with the price rises these are now $18k AUD.
For an extra $5k now it’s worth just buying pre owned and not stuffing around with a wait list.
And after properly handling and wearing his batgirl it really is incredibly refined and comfortable. Even at $18k I think these are undervalued.

Also of the two ADs in my city one had a 1908 and the other had a day date available for immediate purchase.
That's interesting. What sort of waiting period would you (or a typical buyer) expect for a 'batgirl' in your local market?
I ask because the spread would point to between 1.5 and 2.5 years.
EverCloserUnion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #5
Potawatomi
"TRF" Member

Batgirl
Potawatomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM   #6
dmash
2024 Pledge Member

If you’re a one and done type of guy, I think you’re nuts to get on some ‘list’ and play cat and mouse for possibly 2-3 years to get a BLNR. Just go grey and call it a day.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Never knew Rolex ADs sold batgirls is this a new type of comic book.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #8
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
If you’re a one and done type of guy, I think you’re nuts to get on some ‘list’ and play cat and mouse for possibly 2-3 years to get a BLNR. Just go grey and call it a day.
Yep, 100%
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM   #9
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

Quote:

One man’s “undervalued” is another’s equilibrium
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #10
omar10213245

Watch: 126515LN (sundust)
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #11
Jay_O
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I'm fairly new to this forum, and I already know what your comments are going to be on any thread that involves a nickname or a Daytona. My god, I think 52,000 of your almost 53,000 posts are either a smug comment related to a common nickname or telling us you don't like modern Daytonas. We get it.
Jay_O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 AM   #12
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
it's a great daily watch if you can afford the premium
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:21 AM   #13
BETRNSX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_O View Post
I'm fairly new to this forum, and I already know what your comments are going to be on any thread that involves a nickname or a Daytona. My god, I think 52,000 of your almost 53,000 posts are either a smug comment related to a common nickname or telling us you don't like modern Daytonas. We get it.
There's batman (oyster) and batgirl (jubilee), What's a pepsi on jubilee called then? diet pepsi?
BETRNSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Well myself now 80 years old and even I know most of the correct Rolex reference names and not these silly nicknames.And I will post what I like regarding these nicknames if you don't like it then don't read or reply to my posts now you have a nice day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #15
Cassian739

Quote:
That's funny, because according to the search engine on the Rolex website they sell both a Batgirl (rolex batgirl, gmt master ii batgirl, gmt batgirl, gmt master batgirl) and a Batman... Na na na na na na na na na na BATMAN!
Attached Images
File Type: png Batgirl.png (94.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg Batman.jpeg (22.1 KB, 0 views)
Cassian739 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45 AM   #16
RoRoRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM40
Quote:
broken record. need to get over it buddy. I'm sure your real name isn't PADI.
RoRoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 AM   #17
fsprow
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
I would just point out that Peter (PADI) certainly has some strong views on things that he finds strange (funny names for watches, compulsive timekeeping checking, watch winders, asking what a watch is worth ....). I share most of them!

In any case I have learned a great deal about Rolex, its history and contributions, from him and find Peter an essential forum contributor. And by the way, PADI refers to the fact that he was a professional dive instructor.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:48 AM   #18
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Sure, now you tell me lol….besides, it only took me 2 years
Old Today, 12:55 AM   #19
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
I’m ok with Padi’s attitude. He’s a purest and has owned a Rolex since they were more for wearing due to their robust build quality and function more than a fashion statement. I’m in agreement with him on many things but I have liked Daytonas more than other watches as I used them in recording studios for many years. Anyway, it’s good to see the range of opinions here…
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #20
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

On a list and yes the premium is coming down, but not enough for me yet.
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #21
majidessa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

There are many things to consider when buying preowned that affects the value, such as year, condition, and if it is a full set.
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 AM   #22
Jay_O
"TRF" Member

Padi has my respect for his contributions to the forum. His knowledge has been evident since I joined, and I have also learned a lot from his posts. I'm also not a fan of the nicknames, but it is what it is. They're silly, but they do make it easier when discussing all the different models on a forum. The repetitiveness of some of the comments just got to me this morning.
Jay_O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:22 AM   #23
Submariner868
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexOmegaGS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
I’m ok with Padi’s attitude. He’s a purest and has owned a Rolex since they were more for wearing due to their robust build quality and function more than a fashion statement. I’m in agreement with him on many things but I have liked Daytonas more than other watches as I used them in recording studios for many years. Anyway, it’s good to see the range of opinions here…
Ok, now I gotta ask. I have been in many recording studios, including the Power Station in NYC, where my band was recording. Never saw anyone wearing a chronograph - what do you use it for?
Submariner868 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:44 AM   #24
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

Batman.

Just purchased on oyster from AD. Took a few months. Requested oyster (not a fan of jubilee on such a sporty watch) so unsure how much it impacts availability. I expect availability continues to generally improve as flippers exit…
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2024-10-15-113846.jpeg (135.3 KB, 0 views)
BraveBold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #25
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Batgirl markup diminishing

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:50 AM   #26
Barada7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Wait until it really crashes, then buy one as a purchase toward a Daytona.
Barada7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:05 AM   #27
Cassian739

Quote:

Life is short, buy the watch today from a trusted seller vs. playing the game. With that said, no harm in waiting, building a relationship, and hopefully getting the watch you want at RRP down the road.
Cassian739 is online now   Reply With Quote